Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BerryBlots_Jawbreaker (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

This is a horrible idea, unless you like the idea of powdercoat leavings and and an uneven ball in your machine.

#5 7 years ago

I've seen some "colored" balls at pinball life and other vendors.

I'd never put one of these in a game of mine. Pinballs are not the place to get cute.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

Couldn't you tumble/polish it smooth?

If you want to know the damage that a non-spherical pinball can do to your game, check Gottlieb System 3 games from the 90s. Gottlieb decided to save about 4 cents per pinball buying defective, unfinished ball bearings. These "soft" balls ended up DESTROYING the paint between the flippers and below the mylar on tons of these games.

Thankfully, nobody really cared because these games sucked anyway, but still...not a good idea to even entertain taking a chance like this on your pinball machine.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Float it above a couple well placed magnets?

The only problem is the magnets...how do they work?

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

2015's open house really was pretty crazy.

I'm sorry...I meant balls of color.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-a-ball-thoughts?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.