3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DCFAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200511_092658 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Does anyone know if powder coating bathtub parts is possible? I have a jetted tub with polished brass everything. To replace just the jet pieces would cost $600, let alone the faucet and handles and such.

I'm wondering if PC is possible and economical?

IMG_20200511_092658 (resized).jpgIMG_20200511_092658 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Just have them replated. Pinballplating.com doesn’t have to be pinball to plate it. Loose the brass and it will be like new. Amazing work also.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Just have them replated. Pinballplating.com doesn’t have to be pinball to plate it. Loose the brass and it will be like new. Amazing work also.

Hey whatever can work! Don't think I even knew to think about replating them. We have partially remodeled that bathroom and the brass is a little rough to look at.

I'll see if they are interested.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from mdelorenzo:

Does anyone know if powder coating bathtub parts is possible? I have a jetted tub with polished brass everything. To replace just the jet pieces would cost $600, let alone the faucet and handles and such.
    I'm wondering if PC is possible and economical?
    [quoted image]

Are you sure they are metal and not plastic?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from mdelorenzo:

Hey whatever can work! Don't think I even knew to think about replating them. We have partially remodeled that bathroom and the brass is a little rough to look at.

Not poking fun but I remember back in the day doing Many bathroom remodels and every time someone wanted All polished brass fitting I always asked "Are you Sure....." lol. These can be made to look new again. And not brass!

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you sure they are metal and not plastic?

I believe the brass ones are actually metal, hopefully I can verify.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Not poking fun but I remember back in the day doing Many bathroom remodels and every time someone wanted All polished brass fitting I always asked "Are you Sure....." lol. These can be made to look new again. And not brass!

The brass is pretty rough. We have been transitioning to mostly brushed nickel/silver or whatever fixtures as we've been updating the house. I think with a new brushed look and updated handles we will be good!

We actually really enjoy the tub, apparently it is not super hip these days but I dig a good jetted soak, especially after I repaired the heating functionality. We had a new shower put in and I replaced the toilet and replaced our single sink vanity with a double so the room is a lot nicer now. The brass sticks out at this point.

#7 3 years ago

Good luck with your project. New look fixtures can completely transform a room. They can dip strip them and plate to new pretty cheap.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from mdelorenzo:

if it is real brass you do not have to replate. just polish it back to original shine.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

if it is real brass you do not have to replate. just polish it back to original shine.

I must not have been clear. I want to change their look, not keep the brass. My mistake.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from mdelorenzo:

I must not have been clear. I want to change their look, not keep the brass. My mistake.

You could probably spray paint them with white primer and then white paint and clearcoat.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coat-jetted-bathtub-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.