Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010219.jpg
    024.JPG
    001.JPG
    P1010580.JPG
    P1010579.JPG
    P1010323.JPG
    P1010230.JPG
    P1010219.jpg
    P1010083.JPG
    P1010170.JPG
    P1010087.JPG
    P1010080.JPG
    P1010076.JPG
    P1010087.JPG
    shinytom-full.jpg
    IMG_1230.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 11 years ago

This is what happens when you get bored of playing pinball.

I like how CV looks....most are pretty gaudy, though. Green Shadow? How does that make any sense?

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Matches the big green "the Shadow" letters on the cabinet art

It just doesn't work, brothah....it's very "green slime" looking...might have worked on a Ghostbusters or Nickelodeon pin ...Black or maybe dark blue would have been the move on Shadow.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Matt from Back Alley is going to powdercoat my TSPP a nuke green.
    I will let you know how it turns out, or you go first & let me know.
    He did this one for GAP http://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product_detail.asp?productId=322&categoryId=44&returnPage=%2Fproducts%2Easp%3Fpage%3D2%26categoryId%3D44
    I think custom paint is cool, others disagree, oh well.

I hate to be a party pooper but I just don't understand the color sensibilities of some people here. If you're gonna do colored metal on Simpsons - you do YELLOW!!! Not only is it their iconic color, but it matches the cabinet art! There's just not enough green on that game for that much green to make sense.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

So far, everyone that has seen Shadow in person love green on it. It has been singled out in the collection as one of the sharpest looking ones. One liked it enough that he is doing the exact same green on his own. It's fine to dislike powder coating or color in general as this is not a stock look. But green is not a mismatch on Shadow. I'm considering doing the wire ramps in green also to match. The green is a really good match for the green Shadow letters on the apron, translite, and cabinet. Originally laid it out in blue. Wasn't that good of a fit.

OMG...I'm keeping my Avatar...I'm afraid of what you'd do to it. LOL Powdercoated pink metal & all blue LEDs...glarghghghhghghhhh!!!

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

If the green isn't your thing, perhaps you'd like the brown on a LOTR? I am doing that one too & adding gold buttons, gold flipper bats, gold mirror blades & either a gold or brown coin door to match.

So, this is now a practical joke on me, right? "Lets see how gaudy we can make a game till Greg goes f*cking crazy". LOTR is too awesome to make it poo colored. Brown!?!? Why!?!?!

Is pinball THAT boring to you guys that you have to come up with these insane color mods!?

I'm just...perplexed...but hey, it's your game, do what you want. I would just never buy a game that looked like this.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

If you don't like it, don't do it to your own pins.
    If you don't like it, and the OP is selling his game, perhaps you discount your offer enough to cover replacing the parts he painted or plated.
    But to make rude comments is not appropriate IMO.

So are opinions against the rules here? Fall in line or stay quiet?

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I think a pink Stern Playboy would be sweet. I'd get a topper from Victorias Secret too.

Like...just hire a girl...and have her sit on top of the game? Hmmm...yeah that would be a pretty sweet topper.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Incandescents look like crap, period.

You can't say "period"...that's your opinion, not a fact. Incandescents look like the natural light we've all looked at for years...it's fine light with good spread and can fade to different levels of brightness smoothly. How did we ever enjoy pinball all those years if we were looking at crap? My opinion is that overcolored light sources make games look like crap. That's an opinion. LEDs on Sterns not designed for them have strobey flickery light shows when they do slow-fades or different levels of light output...period. See, I can say "period" because it is a fact.

Quoted from markmon:

Have your opinion, even state it, but it is rude to compare gold to "poo" and suggest that I'm going to powder coat a machine pink - and you know it and did it intentionally.

I never said gold looked like poo. I said BROWN looked like poo....cuz...I mean...it's poo...right? I think we see color differently. My poo is brown...does yours look gold? I dunno....that would be pretty cool. If I pooped gold I guess I'd powder coat all my games, too.

For the record I think gold looks really good on some games. Elvis, LOTR...

I'm mostly just ribbin ya, man...I don't seriously think you would powdercoat a game pink. It was a jokey joke.

Anyway, I'll leave ya alone...man...I love all you guys, my fellow pinballers....but it's gonna be hard for me to get used to the sensitivity level around here. Get a little bit sarcastic and opinionated...TILT TILT TILT!!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coat-gold-plate-and-chrome-plate-it-all?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.