Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bud
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image2 (resized).jpg
    BA543B86-04C4-42C0-AF66-699175E716B8 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20200313_103001 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    zzzzz8592099-man-wearing-gas-mask-showing-ok-sign (resized).jpg
    nambypamby02 (resized).jpg
    453120_1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 4 years ago

Many overblown comments- Yes, yes, yes.... broken glass sucks and one should probably not get overly agressive with someone elses property... but if its my game- I am playing well and competing with a buddy- and a ball shoots right down a side lane or STDM- damn straight I might hit the lock bar.

How many times were PF glass broken in the 70’s in bar environments? To me thats the real Q- cause if it was rare then the chance of you actualy breaking glass this way is pretty dang low.

There- I said it and I don’t even know John

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

*edit* I beat the crap out of my own games, and never had anything break. The broken glass was from a shipping disaster.

You cannot hide the truth so easily! “shipping” disaster..... yeah.... sure?

1 week later
    #92 4 years ago

I think there are two types of pinball players/collectors-those that see the games as a very expensive fancy toy that should be treated with care and deeply coddled. Then there are those that see the games as being built to be abused for years in bars and arcades, smacked, pushed and prodded to convince the ball to track nicely to the correct spot. The reality is that you can be in the latter group and will rarely if ever have an issue, and any issue you have is easily fixed. The other fact is you can be in the former and the same stuff mostly breaks.

Some people buy the latest truck from Ford and have the thing detailed and clay bar 3 times a year, others take it hunting and beat the crap out of them- they even get scratched! End of day, both drive down the road just fine.

Would it piss me off a bit if I really broke the glass, or if a friend did- a little. But I would clean it up and play on.

Nothing wrong with either use- just dont expect everyone to agree because there really are at least two ways of viewing these games. I personally view them as ruggidized beasts designed to extract cash, they can take an occasional smack in exchange for being quarter hungry.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pounding-on-tempered-playfield-glass?tu=rufessor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.