Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bud
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image2 (resized).jpg
    BA543B86-04C4-42C0-AF66-699175E716B8 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20200313_103001 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    zzzzz8592099-man-wearing-gas-mask-showing-ok-sign (resized).jpg
    nambypamby02 (resized).jpg
    453120_1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

Is this guy friggin serious?

I blame bad parenting.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I got to disagree. After vacuuming up all glass shards I can not see any further damage. Like I have said I do not beat on high end games of collectors! Mostly classic Bally games 1978-1982, which the local guys do not maintain! Which for the most part I sold the cheap! Pinball machines are designed for abuse for commercial use! Why I post anything here is beyond me. More abuse from people having drinks on glass going everywhere. If I get a ban good for them on location for serious loss of revenue. Like I have said in 40 years never broke a glass from pounding on the glass, same with a hammer & standing on glass. But I had one explode in my hands at Allentown (gravity).

You're absolutely wrong about this.
    Vacuuming will only get the larger parts of broken glass and there will be fine particles stuck in every part of the machine.
    No matter how clean you think you got it with vacuuming and wiping it down it is not good enough.
    It may look like you got it all with a shop vac and a wipe down, but you won't.
    Over time little pieces will work their way onto the play field and act as an abrasive when they come in contact with the ball and ruin the play field etc.
    The machine will require a complete tear down and shop job and everything little part will have to be wiped down and cleaned etc.

I just went through cleaning the broken glass off and out of a cocktail arcade game that was damaged in shipping.
    It is a huge and I mean huge pain in the ass.
    Small pieces of glass and glass dust were on and in every last part of that game.
    The machine had to be totally taken apart not only vacuumed but every part has to be dissembled and wiped down.
    My hands were covered in cuts etc from doing this (even wearing gloves).
    Oh and did I mention glass splinters.
    Those are real fun and sometimes if you can't get them out with tweezers don't work their way out for a while.

Not trying to drag this out, but your nonchalant attitude about this is something I just can't understand.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Vacuum the playfield? Hell no. It would be playfield removed from cabinet and air compressor nozzle at about 100 psi.

How do you plan to remove the playfield from the cabinet without using a shop vac and vacuuming up most of the glass first?
    Serious question.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pounding-on-tempered-playfield-glass?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.