Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bud
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image2 (resized).jpg
    BA543B86-04C4-42C0-AF66-699175E716B8 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20200313_103001 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    zzzzz8592099-man-wearing-gas-mask-showing-ok-sign (resized).jpg
    nambypamby02 (resized).jpg
    453120_1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You're not going to break Tempered glass by pounding on it with your hands.
    BUT, be very warned that when we closed up my route, we threw away 100 or so sheets of playfield glass in the dumpster, and about 20 sheets WERE NOT TEMPERED.
    They broke into jagged shards

This always scared me. Before I shutdown my route, I bought between 400-500 sheets of glass at one time. I always replaced the glass in any pin I bought unless it was NIB so I knew I had tempered glass.

I was always afraid of a lawsuit from plate glass. You never know what a rage player or drunk would do. It was cheap insurance and piece of mind absolutely knowing the glass on my pins was tempered.

Fortunately the only glass to ever break for me on route was in my own hands and out of the machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pounding-on-tempered-playfield-glass?tu=Bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.