Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bud
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image2 (resized).jpg
    BA543B86-04C4-42C0-AF66-699175E716B8 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20200313_103001 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    zzzzz8592099-man-wearing-gas-mask-showing-ok-sign (resized).jpg
    nambypamby02 (resized).jpg
    453120_1 (resized).jpg
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

I am a firm believer on old school man against machine. Turned 55 & I have not changed my way of play. It gets people complaining in league & tournament play. When I get screwed by the machine I respond. I always state that I will replace the glass for anyone if it breaks, & double down on glass if I destroy one. If it is not me I will not clean up the tempered glass remains. But warranty the playfield glass. Interested to see if other events do not banging on the glass gets the wrath of events or owners.

#2 4 years ago

If anyone comes to my house and abuses machines like this, they get one warning at the first sign of abuse... if they continue they’re out and don’t come back.

#3 4 years ago

Why would you think that this is ok? Will you also clean up every bit of glass that gets through the game? Be respectful of others people's property.

#4 4 years ago

And here I thought the newest generation was the "entitled" snowflake generation.

Sheesh.

#5 4 years ago

This makes no sense.

#6 4 years ago

Don't bang on it much anymore, but in 30+ years of it happening I've only seen 1 glass break.
    Diff'rent leagues diff'rent rules... Depends on what the folks running it think and if they know you.
    Yours will not be a popular post here

#7 4 years ago

In my place, home or location, I make it clear it's not your glass to hit regardless of where you stand or what you think. When something doesn't belong to you you should not immaturiely temper tantrum like an entitled child. They dont abide they are dismissed. That's not harsh, its truth, it's fair and remember it's not yours to touch inappropriately

#8 4 years ago

Tough guy. You’ll show that machine who’s boss.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I am a firm believer on old school man against machine

My perception has always been man working with machine, not against it. And pinball is a great stress reliever; I would never hit something that brings such joy - even after a brutal drain. You might want to explore a new hobby.

#10 4 years ago

Sounds like you have anger issues.

P.s Your poor play screwed you, not the game!

#11 4 years ago

You're asking if pounding on another owners playfield glass is ok? I say why stop there? Why not kick their dog too and tip over their house plants while you're at it? Unbelievable.

#12 4 years ago

Wait... So you’re announcing that you’re gonna cough up the whopping 20 bucks to replace the glass that you shattered by angrily pounding on somebody else’s machine, right?

Thanks for letting us know.

*checks map*

No problem. Carry on.

#13 4 years ago

Try that in my game room and I'll be the one banging on something/someone.I seriously would beat the living shit out of you.

#14 4 years ago

Is there a secondary disclaimer if the glass is not tempered? Do you cover the cost of a new hook for the glass breaker’s stump?

Jesus I have so many other questions and need to go to bed. I’ll check back in the AM thanks.

#15 4 years ago

don't think I'd be as mad about the $30 dollar piece of glass, as I would the hours of clean up after. I broke a piece of playfield glass last year in my living room and am still finding little bits today. I'd be pretty pissed if it shattered all over the playfield.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

...Will you also clean up ever bit of glass that gets through the game?...

Don't forget the lost revenue if the owner has to order new glass.

#17 4 years ago

Thought you deactivated?

#18 4 years ago

This is a really stupid. Can't believe anyone would think this is ok. Not to mention that all of my games have new glass on them or HD glass, so even a scratch from a wedding ring would be immediate ejection of a guest. Not only would I not agree to this warranty, the OP would simply not be allowed to play at my house.

#19 4 years ago

I had a little trouble following your post.

You like to bang on and strike glass with your fist(s).

Your game do as you please, and please take a picture of the broken glass you created with your bare hands cause it is not gonna happen.

Someone else's game, you gotta be kidding you have absolutely no right in doing that.
    It's not really cool, and old school has nothing to do with it.

If anyone has carded you or said something more than once, I don't know really what to say. I'd be embarrassed with myself.

Have guys done it on my games , yeah, have I said anything really nope. Like I said you are not going to break a glass with your hand.

Of course if wearing a ring with any type of stone it may happen with a good slap.

Try Fred Munsters stomping next time.

#20 4 years ago

I run a lot of tournaments. If you're manipulating the machine to try and save the ball, you can do whatever you want. But if the ball is gone and you're taking out your frustrations on my machines, you'll get a warning. Next offense will get you ejected.

There was a time I was more tolerant of this, until I found out that one regular rage tilter was making people uncomfortable enough that they stopped coming to my events.

If being treated unfairly by a pinball game regularly drives you to uncontrollable physical violence, it might be time for some inner reflection.

#21 4 years ago

All fun and games until you find that some cheapskate has swapped it out to plate glass over the intervening twenty years to save a few bucks and all of a sudden it's a trip to the emergency room.

#22 4 years ago

Is this guy friggin serious?

I blame bad parenting.

#23 4 years ago

As others said - $20 glass isn’t a big deal, it’s the shattered glass everywhere- owner would be finding pieces for years in the game. I have hd glass in most of mine now and I’d be extra pissed about that

#24 4 years ago

I had a glass off a game once, and my dog at the time ran into and knocked it over, when it broke into large shards, yup pain (pane) glass for a reason. lol

I never understood why anyone would want to buy tempered glass non logo??

#25 4 years ago

Durrhh tee durrhh!

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

I never understood why anyone would want to buy tempered glass non logo??

Tempered glass is very strong on the flat surface...just not so much on the edges.

It can take strikes with a hammer without breaking. Plate glass can't do that--it will simply shatter.

However, tempered glass does still shatter for no reason--extreme temperature, stress when it gets twisted, or contact with metal in the wrong spot, probably. I had tempered glass shatter once while I was wiping it down, and cleaning just a small amount of the glass that made it onto the playfield was a real pain.

But I have to agree--if I catch anyone hitting, kicking, tipping, or picking up and dropping one of my games, they will get *one* warning not to do that (well, except for picking up and dropping--that would get an instant boot). Thankfully, most people are very respectful, and I have not needed to do that so far.

#27 4 years ago

no one will know when youre banging on the glass if you get yourself a game with some glass rattle like an ACNC.

#28 4 years ago

and dont forget the 7 years of bad luck that go along with it.

#29 4 years ago
    453120_1 (resized).jpg453120_1 (resized).jpg
    #30 4 years ago

are we having fun yet?

#31 4 years ago

dont send offenders home, honk their noses.

#32 4 years ago

Don’t be a man-child.

#33 4 years ago

This almost reads like John left Pinside open on his computer and a friend walked by and decided to start a thread on John's behalf. No sane person would write something like this voluntarily.

#34 4 years ago

This looks like a joke post. If it’s not, then it’s pretty clear how most of us would react.
    Do not do this. I’m still cleaning bits of glass from a game that shattered 1 YEAR ago. I get being pissed at a machine. I even slap the lock bar (the LOCK. BAR.) sometimes. But the glass? Never mind it being incredibly stupid and childish a thing to do, it’s dangerous. I wouldn’t even give a warning, you would be gone.

#35 4 years ago

Disappointing thread. Expected this to be referencing a different kind of pounding on tempered glass. Done it once. The wife was game, so game on. It did make me nervous, I'll admit, but well worth it! It was my machine, so I'll bang if I want to. As for abusing other people's machines, maybe grow up a tad?

#36 4 years ago

^^^^^^^

Memories that will never be forgotten.
    -Mike

#37 4 years ago

I used to do it when I was like 14. Makes quite the noise. Got banned for life at one arcade for slapping the glass.

#38 4 years ago

I have PDI glass and I get pissed if someone points at something and leaves a fingerprint.

#39 4 years ago

I was drinking a bit too much last night. I see the poll here is almost 100% about this not being acceptable. Thanks!
    Glass in Canada costs a lot more than $20 US, more like $50 US. Add on shipping. I stock most tempered glass with no logo (stamp).

#40 4 years ago

Besides the pain of cleaning up broken glass, I just don't want to hang out and play with people so serious that they rage after losing.

#41 4 years ago

I stock most tempered glass with no logo (stamp).

I do like the move of bringing a few extra glasses with you just in case

#42 4 years ago

I have to laugh - here is a guy who has no games in his collection but wants to talk about smashing glass!!

As a Canadian your are espousing very UN-Canadian behavior so please get some help!!

#43 4 years ago

bet he has no wife and no kids.... or a dog!

#44 4 years ago

Man grow up. Bashing the machine is childish and pointless.

It doesn’t matter if you’re willing to pay the repair either. Those crumbs of glass get everywhere and bury themselves in nooks and crannies forever. Also scratch playfields and plastics.

Get your shit under control.

#45 4 years ago

As an added bonus John will throw in a repro playfield with every broken sheet of glass.

I think he was just F'ng around with the post but I think we're all pretty unanimous here.

Cleaning up playfield glass sucks. 2 years later you're wondering why you have trough errors...yep, glass.

#46 4 years ago

I stock most tempered glass with no logo (stamp).

Is this the world's most genius way to advertise your playfield glass business? I think so. Well played

#47 4 years ago

thread has gone from:
    breaking glass to
    inflicting scratches to
    leaving fingerprints

whats next? fogging it up with ones breath?

nambypamby02 (resized).jpgnambypamby02 (resized).jpg
    #48 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

whats next? fogging it up with ones breath?[quoted image]

Not on my game buddy!!!!

Just kidding, I mylar my PF glass ASAP.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

whats next? fogging it up with ones breath?

One size fits all.

zzzzz8592099-man-wearing-gas-mask-showing-ok-sign (resized).jpgzzzzz8592099-man-wearing-gas-mask-showing-ok-sign (resized).jpg

#50 4 years ago

When I get screwed by the machine I respond.

Not the machines fault. Play better.

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pounding-on-tempered-playfield-glass?hl=mike-k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.