Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_1.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Can anyone find some recent sale info for a POTO for me? My uncle wants me to help him sell his. He "saw one listed for $5000". I tried to explain to him that is not a real price but I think some cold hard stats are what it is going to take to prove this to him.

I realize condition is king. I have not examined his yet, so I am unaware of its current state. I do know that it is a genuine one owner HUO and has low plays.

#2 8 years ago

I sold my poto last year. It was in pretty good shape. I took 2k Canadian.
Post up some pics and we might have a better way to decide? Sounds like a great example!

***If it's in great shape, let me know!! I miss mine***

#3 8 years ago

I haven't seen any pics or the machine itself yet. Like I said, I know condition is everything, so I am not really looking for a price on this one. More so just some general sales data for this title overall.

Thanks for the input hollywood. $2000 is around the median I was expecting

#4 8 years ago

#5 8 years ago

There was one on cl forever for 1650 in buffalo fell off list a few times

#6 8 years ago

Sold one a couple of months ago for $1000. But it had issues.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#7 8 years ago

They are worth $1400 working usually...

#8 8 years ago

If his in indeed a one owner HUO and was taken care of, I see him having no problem getting at least 1800$ (I would pay that) if not more. Just my opinion.

#9 8 years ago

You seem to be dialed in regarding condition and how it effects pricing. There are very few, if any, HUO POTO machines in pristine condition, and fewer still that came on the market.
Yes, some retailer or clown on Ebay can list one for $5K, but whether it sells in the next 5 years or not is unlikely.
If the pin is HUO that looks & plays like a month old machine, I happen to think there are categories.
If one wants a quick sell, price it at $2000
If one doesn't mind waiting a few months $2500
If one doesn't mind waiting a few months to a few years $3000
If one is in no hurry whatsoever, has no scrupples about ripping someone off, and is hoping a sucker will bite $5000

#10 8 years ago

Thanks everyone. I am hoping to go see the machine in person next weekend. It is located in OC, NJ. I will post some pics once I take them

#11 8 years ago

Hey - if you are serious about selling shoot me a pm.
I'm looking for a POTO and not afraid to drive to get one.
Thanks

#12 8 years ago

The first glimpse of this machine looks promising. Display is out but the Phantoms mask looks decent.

photo_1.jpgphoto_1.jpg

#13 8 years ago

What about the scorpion inserts? The rollover lanes? This machine is known to have terrible insert wear.....
Ps goodmanners, I called dibs

#14 8 years ago

I sold a damn near perfect machine to a fellow pinsider for 2k. It was gorgeous. Mask was perfect. Electronics cleanest I had seen in a machine that old. The light board behind the back glass was white with no burn marks at all. Playfield had some of the typical gold leaf paint missing here and there. I have seen a few machines for more but they don't seem to move. And the company on ebay that has the checkered black and white floor always wants stupid money for machines.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from pinloverPDX:

And the company on ebay that has the checkered black and white floor always wants stupid money for machines.

Haha. I hate it when I see those floors. The prices are insane!!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What about the scorpion inserts? The rollover lanes? This machine is known to have terrible insert wear.....
Ps goodmanners, I called dibs

You're close - I will come over to play it.

When you get sick of it you can sell it to me. Lol

I'm not greedy.

#17 8 years ago

$1600

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

They are worth $1400 working usually...

Odin was here.....

#19 8 years ago

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay_0515_4.htm

Not sure if this helps, but it says there have been 68 sold at an average price of $1,492 with a minimum price of $372 and a maximum price of $5,500. Unfortunately there has only been one sale since 11/25/14 for a price of $2,025.

Pinballprice.com has 19 total sales with a minimum of $699 and a maximum of $5,499. The most recent sale in May of 2015 was for $1,700.

http://www.pinballprice.com/MachineSalesResults.aspx?selection=Name&txbName=phantom

1 week later
#20 8 years ago

Any more news on the machine?

#21 8 years ago

I have plans to see the machine in person next Saturday August 1st.

If at that time the machine goes up for sale I will let you guys know first.

#22 8 years ago

A would say a hundo or two higher since the backglass mask is intact.

2 weeks later
#23 8 years ago

I am happy to report that while this machine is not an HUO (plugged lock bar holes), it is in really nice condition. Very minor playfield wear around the single note insert at the top lanes and at the bottom of the playfield near the trough entrance. The magic mirror has a lot of wear but it works. One broken plastic (the baby one) that i am going to repair with a UV epoxy. The scorpion and insert lanes are near perfect. The backglass has a tiny flake missing from the mask but is otherwise perfect.
I am sorry to report that it will not be for sale at this time. My uncle did say that when he decides to sell his OC home, he will sell it. So sometime in the next 5 years a sweet POTO will hit the market in south Jersey. Haha.

I just wanted to take a second to comment on the in home service he recieved a while back from Monarch Billiards. They are located around the corner from me. He bought the machine from them in 1993. He called them for service about 10 years ago. The batteries were corroded (he had no idea they were in there lol). Anyway, they fixed the corrosion and hooked up a new housing. Problem is instead of mounting the housing, they left it dangling from the board with the whole contraption wrapped in electrical tape to keep the batteries from falling out. They also slapped their STICKER over the center of the apron where the cursive POTO logo is screen printed. Finally they did a small repair to the organ mech. When they reattached it's mounting bracket, they used a wood screen that was way too long. It was literally sticking out of the playfield in the right orbit a quarter inch. I could not believe it. Now there is a small hole there. I am unsure how it effects game play since there was no chance I was rolling those balls around the playfield, they had reached full on sandpaper stage.

Long story short, do not ever call Monarch Billiards. 90% of this machines minor damage was caused by them "fixing" stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poto-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.