Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BorgDog
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200517_130830 (resized).jpg
    20200515_143348 (resized).jpg
    HP4600ScanJet.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 12 years ago

large format scanner: expensive?
    see-through scanner: You still have to scan separate images and try to align them up manually in photoshop.

I like this mouse because it's small, affordable ($199), and it seems to auto mesh large areas together on it's own.

Maybe there's a trick in newer versions of photoshop I'm not aware of, but again.. photoshop CS4 aint cheap (certainly not less than $200?)

cheapest price I found is $135, not sure what shipping would be from UK?
    http://www.airetechit.co.uk/e-shop/int/ROW/products.php?34574&currency=USD&livemode=1

2 years later
    #15 9 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Buying an HP 4600/4670 on ebay still seems like a popular option.

You can still find Hp4600's on ebay for about $30-$50, and seems to still be the cheapest most effective way to do at home. Keep in mind because the scanner is so old, it only works well in XP. If you need to run it in windows 7/8, read this workaround:
    https://openpinballproject.wordpress.com/2014/10/

Highly recommend if you're stitching, do NOT start in photoshop. Use a free program by microsoft called "ICE". Stitch only one row at a time, then take all the rows and stitch them. This will reduce the warping that stitching tends to do. You may have to tweak the image ever so slightly (scanners are accurate, but they may be off by 1/8"), so you'll have to stretch the image accordingly.

5 months later
    #33 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A site called BallsOfSteel hosted scans for all sorts of things at one time, but were asked to take everything down.

I wished I had grabbed those before it went down. Whatever happened to Planetary pinball selling overlays? All I see is classic arcades selling a few on ebay.

3 years later
    #41 5 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I have one of the old HP scanners, and I found it works pretty well with Windows 7.

me too, vista drivers work fine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potentially-a-nice-scanner-for-playfield-repair?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.