Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Davidus56
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

It has come to my attention that specific e-mail addresses within Chicago Gaming Company have been compromised over the weekend.
    Somebody was posing as members of the Chicago Gaming Company office, and requesting funds to be wired to them for payment on games. They are using a cloned proforma invoice requesting ACH to different accounts. These potential scammers are promising MMR, AFM, and MB with prepayment wired directly to them.
    These people have copied the signatures of our staff and are using a domain of chicago-gamnig.com. Should you receive an email from this domain, it is not from Chicago Gaming Company.
    We have worked hard to correct this today, and this is isolated to a few email addresses.
    Chicago Gaming Company only sells our games through AUTHORIZED dealers, and does not sell direct to the community.
    Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any questions regarding this.

Happened at work last year and this year. One account got phished and the VP is a real “I can do everything all by myself” guy so the scammers got access to everything and cloned all our customer lists, POS, accounts, bank info. It was insane. They tried wiring a quarter of a million out of the company and the only thing that saved the company was a two-factor text. Otherwise it would have been bankrupted.

They stayed in it for the long haul and apparently still had access to our domain and spoofed new email addresses and sent out blasts to our customers and infected them.

It’s been a mess and the VP still insists he has it under control lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potential-scam-alert-regarding-chicago-gaming-products?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.