Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Davidus56
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

It has come to my attention that specific e-mail addresses within Chicago Gaming Company have been compromised over the weekend.

Somebody was posing as members of the Chicago Gaming Company office, and requesting funds to be wired to them for payment on games. They are using a cloned proforma invoice requesting ACH to different accounts. These potential scammers are promising MMR, AFM, and MB with prepayment wired directly to them.

These people have copied the signatures of our staff and are using a domain of chicago-gamnig.com. Should you receive an email from this domain, it is not from Chicago Gaming Company.

We have worked hard to correct this today, and this is isolated to a few email addresses.

Chicago Gaming Company only sells our games through AUTHORIZED dealers, and does not sell direct to the community.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any questions regarding this.

#2 2 years ago

"Good info to know" BUMP

#3 2 years ago

The scammers are getting good. They've really hit the pinball scene hard recently. Seems like every week now there is a new thread "is this fakepinballcompanyscams.com website legit?"

#4 2 years ago

"Potential"?

#5 2 years ago

Put mmr back on the line

Edit: relax ladies the comment was made in jest

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

It has come to my attention that specific e-mail addresses within Chicago Gaming Company have been compromised over the weekend.
    Somebody was posing as members of the Chicago Gaming Company office, and requesting funds to be wired to them for payment on games. They are using a cloned proforma invoice requesting ACH to different accounts. These potential scammers are promising MMR, AFM, and MB with prepayment wired directly to them.
    These people have copied the signatures of our staff and are using a domain of chicago-gamnig.com. Should you receive an email from this domain, it is not from Chicago Gaming Company.
    We have worked hard to correct this today, and this is isolated to a few email addresses.
    Chicago Gaming Company only sells our games through AUTHORIZED dealers, and does not sell direct to the community.
    Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any questions regarding this.

Happened at work last year and this year. One account got phished and the VP is a real “I can do everything all by myself” guy so the scammers got access to everything and cloned all our customer lists, POS, accounts, bank info. It was insane. They tried wiring a quarter of a million out of the company and the only thing that saved the company was a two-factor text. Otherwise it would have been bankrupted.

They stayed in it for the long haul and apparently still had access to our domain and spoofed new email addresses and sent out blasts to our customers and infected them.

It’s been a mess and the VP still insists he has it under control lol

#7 2 years ago

Never, ever pay via wire transfer.

#8 2 years ago

Crap.

Sorry to hear.

LTG : (

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Put mmr back on the line

#10 2 years ago

happened to me. I asked CG if mmr will be produced again. Got a reply where the scammers tell that there are a few on the line already but you have to make a upfront deposit to reserve one.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from nikk:

happened to me. I asked CG if mmr will be produced again. Got a reply where the scammers tell that there are a few on the line already but you have to make a upfront deposit to reserve one.

I am glad that you did not fall victim to the scam.

#12 2 years ago

Watch out if they scam a distributor website/contact info, that could look more legit to take payment. That said, I'm really tired of getting contacted via phone about how my social security is in jeopardy. When did the the IRS start making phone calls?

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

The scammers are getting good. They've really hit the pinball scene hard recently. Seems like every week now there is a new thread "is this fakepinballcompanyscams.com website legit?"

If I was a scammer I'd be focusing on the pinball community too. It's pretty lucrative to target a market that is generally full of wealthy people with money to burn on toys. Too many people with more money than sense = easy pickings.

#14 2 years ago

Scam for sure ... nothing on the line there! Sad when companies have to go through this ! Waste of valuable resources!

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

nothing on the line there!

Not entirely true.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not entirely true.

You're right. Their reputation is on the line if they dont hurry.

#17 2 years ago

Sucks that the first thing to come out of CGC in months is this.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not entirely true.

Is this another hint? Are you talking about their reputation or their production line? I’m sure no one here will share your secret news. .

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Is this another hint?

No hint. Just that they are busy. MMR Royals were last pin as far as I know. They do make video games, cabinets, and playfields.

LTG : )

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Is this another hint? Are you talking about their reputation or their production line? I’m sure no one here will share your secret news. .

It's not much of a secret. Everyone knows what's coming, its the when that we all want to know.

#21 2 years ago

Scam alert Bump

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

It's not much of a secret. Everyone knows what's coming, its the when that we all want to know.

Punchy the Clown remake confirmed. Thank you sir.

#23 2 years ago

Bump for scam

3 months later
    #24 2 years ago

Who needs to scam when you have companies like Heighway and Dutch doing it for you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potential-scam-alert-regarding-chicago-gaming-products and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.