Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ef5 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Could be a scam, but most don't involve actual face to face visits. That's too risky for most electronic payment scammers. I mean, I've never had my Nigerian Prince visit my home.
    If you can cancel the transaction that's great. If you refund it back to the same account it came from, I doubt you'll have any trouble with it and there is a clear trail of money if there are any questions asked.
    If he is a new member like you said, maybe he's just a little clumsy about purchases, we all were at one point.
    Definitely don't call him out here unless you see real evidence of fraud. No reason to tarnish someone's rep without evidence.

Gee, you don't see any issue with the payment coming from a 3rd party? 95% suspicious, 5% plausible.
    This was before the O.P. decided to let us know the Paypal was only a deposit, not the whole selling price. Lots of new details have emerged.

75% plausible.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from rtotans:

Doesn’t help he has a California address. He said he moved here a few months ago. But apparently he buys and sell pinball game’s now amongst other businesses. Can a rookie make that mistake sure... someone who is selling game’s , and a new pinsider very strange to make that mistake. I told him flat out something doesn’t feel right. He tells me he will pay cash then 30 minutes before he gets here he sells his game ( which is a possibility because he ended up 2 hours later) then tells this person to send me PayPal. I said you are the pickiest person I’ve ever seen as we all know we seen picky people with pinball games. We all know them. Nothing wrong with that... but this guy takes the cake. when he said no to the one game , I said just pay me cash for the other game and we will take care of that other PayPal issue. He still decides no. Which was strange because it was an amazing deal! That’s why he apparently drove all the way here. He had a rented truck. I did take a pic of it. But it probably doesn’t help. I also got a pic of his ID but it’s from California and who knows if it’s real.

You left out that very important piece in your original post that the Paypal payment was ONLY a deposit.

So, how much did you actually get in deposit from Paypal? Couple hundo? If so, this is just a shitty transaction gone wrong.

He never had cash in the 1st place. The sub sequential sale was to cover the price of both machines. When he finds out the other buyer only sent a deposit, he realizes the whole thing has blown up and HAS to pass on both. He played the money game and lost.

I actually did this 25 years ago on a load of arcade games. Pre sold 3 games and collected the cash up front and promised everyone their games in two weeks. I brought up 28 games from Little Rock to Chicago. My only cost was gas, the rental truck, and an airline ticket.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from rtotans:

No he sent $200 depost to hold 2 days before hand. Then 30 minutes before he gets here he tells me that he had this other guy send me $4500 from the third party account. . I said I will only accept cash before this and he agreed. and he agreed. I never accept paypal. I fight anxiety my entire life. It gives me to much stress. So I always make it stated ahead of time.. cash only. he knew and he accepted
    I wouldn't care about losing $200. I would lose sleep over it! However $4500 I would!

And once again I am going to point out you left these important details out in your original post.

$200 paypal deposit , OK. It is YOU that should have said NO DEAL and sent the buyer packing when the $4500 arrived through Paypal.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from radiomoz:

Hello gentlemen, this is Chris/radiomoz on pinside. I just wanted to introduce myself. I moved here from Los Ángeles 2 years ago and yes I’m new to the pin world. Yes i own a swimming pool company and I do pinball for fun. I just want to confirm that the transaction is legitimate. The games were not up to my personal standards and decided to pass. I’m an honest guy and have a highly respected pinsider that can back me up if need be. If there’s other concerns, I would like to Address them privately with rick.

The real issue is the Seller told you CASH and you had a payment sent 3rd party Paypal. How is this OK at all? You screwed this up. I have to think you were trying to get a free machine out of this deal and it went south. Games not up to your standards seems like an excuse to worm out of your screw up or shady deal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potential-fraud-need-advice?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.