Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ef5 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No idea what the scam is.

Probably a variation of an overpayment scam.

Someone sends you money you don't expect. The scammer demands a refund from you. Then after you send the "refund" as a separate transaction, the scammer reports the original transaction as fraud or whatever and gets it reversed.

So, you're out both the money from the original transaction, as well as the "refund" you initiated from your end.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

If you refund it back to the same account it came from, I doubt you'll have any trouble

Just make sure not to refund as a new/separate transaction. As in, don't click "send payment".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #29 3 years ago

but what scammer would send money from an account to have it sent back to the same account

Who knows. That doesn't automatically mean it isn't a scam.

I've never canceled a F&F transaction, only ones with cc's, does paypal even give you that option?

There is a refund button.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #58 3 years ago
    Quoted from rtotans:

how can you reverse it? I think it just says refund. But if I refund him through my account it will charge me, and if his money was a scam, then I will get charged weeks later... right?

No, if you click the refund button within the transaction, it won't take *additional* funds from you.

The scam happens when you start a *new* transaction to send money back, and then the scammer later reverses the first transaction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpayment_scam

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potential-fraud-need-advice?tu=ForceFlow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.