New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 11456)

Potential first real pin - NGG

By mandelbloom

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mandelbloom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1110.jpg
IMG_1108.jpg
IMG_1107.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Hey all, brand new here. I am going to look at a No Good Gofers this weekend, seller is asking 2600 here is his description thought I will have to see it with my own eyes.

"have a nice No Good Gofer's pinball machine. It works 100%, it doesnt need anything, its ready for your home or on route to make money. The cabinet and playfield are very nice, all lights have been changed to led lights for a brighter and newer look. The cabinet does come with new green cabinet protectors that help keep the cabinet in nice shape. The game was recently shopped and is ready to go. It comes with the orignal manual and key fob."

So first off just getting an idea of pricing assuming it is is as described( I did actually see this at the Florida APE last weekend not knowing it was his and recall it seemed nice and played well). Based on what I can tell its maybe priced a few hundred too high. Also any hints on things to look for when I inspect that a noob may not think of?

Also just want to get some opinions on the hobby in general. How often do these solid state machines have issues? How hard are they to diagnose and fix? I am fairly electronically inclined, work in IT built my own Virtual Pincab etc... but never owned an actually machine. I am very excited and looking forward to the Hobby...for now I don't plan on adding more than 1 to my collection but as I understand it they do multiply..just don't tell my Wife LOL

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

NGG is an amazing machine to start off with. Not usually as expenisve as the A listers and yet just as good (if not better, in my opinion). I'd check the golf cart toy, sometimes it can be chipped by the ball and sellers may not noticed - its quite expensive to replace so a good golf cart is important, otherwise its a nice easy game not only to maintain but to play too

#3 8 years ago

I don't think it's priced wrong at all...If it's nice, I'd grab it quick.

Good luck and report back!

Sounds like a nice find,

Bill

#4 8 years ago

OK cool thanks for all the quick replies! I did see where to buy the golf cart..and the upper playfield(which was $150. The gofers seem to get beat up a lot but they were out of stock Hopefully these are in good shape though. I was excited to find this machine because outside of Medieval Madness and manybe a couple others there is no one I would rather have...and those others are way too expensive haha Ok fingers crossed all goes well.

Hey another ? about how big you think this thing is folded with the legs off? From what I can gather its about 30X30X52..which is a touch to big to clear the roof of the entrance to my very small SUV..but may just squeeze into my mothers. Perhaps the seller has a truck he is not too far away.

#5 8 years ago

it should fit in any SUV folded up. You can even remove the backbox if you have to.

#6 8 years ago

ok cool I am pretty sure it would fit with the back box off. My car is kinda a sporty SUV..more of a wagon..the back slopes down which makes it just a couple inches too small with the Back Box on I think. We shall see...im getting excited hope it all works out so I can bash some smack talking Gofers!

#7 8 years ago

Not that simple to take the backbox off, I'd find a vehicle that fits it properly...taking the back off is a huge pain in the ass. Only do that if you ABSOLUTELY had to...

#8 8 years ago

Yea thats what I figured..I think it may just barely fit in my Mom's. Wish I had my old Xterra! Maybe the seller will be willing to help if he has big enough vehicle.

#9 8 years ago

If youre not going too far , then you can use blankets for padding and tie the liftgate down.

#10 8 years ago

If you do decide to take back box off, it helps to write numbers on each of the connectors you pull off (#1 goes with #1..etc.) , I had to do that a couple of times and it made it real easy to get everything back correctly. you can just write with a black pen on a white molex connector. also put some pics up when you finally get it. I'd say go for it, but i would put money down that within six months the NGG will have some company in your gameroom!!!!

#11 8 years ago

Anim - Its like 25 miles but I could avoid the highway..we will see I I will figure it out

Island...hahaha you may very well be right..though the game room isn't all that big I could fit maybe 4 machines max in there..right now I have a virtual pin cab I built which is quite fun but not the real deal Hoping to not have to remove the back box though but that a good idea!

#12 8 years ago

Ditto on what islandpinball said. I have to remove backboxes to fit my basement, but labeling and removing worked fine. Just take your time doing so!

#13 8 years ago

I can't tell you if you are overpaying or not. Saying the cab and playfield are "very nice" means absolutely nothing. Very nice to one person, is horrible to another.

Changing lights to LEDs means absolutely nothing. Lots of games look better with bulbs, but all you need is $75 and an hour of time and LEDs are installed, no big deal at all.

If the machine is in good condition and fully working and decently clean it books for $2,450. Around here, they go for about $2,200 if your patient, $2,600 isn't crazy but had better be pretty damn nice. It sounds like a $2,400 machine from the description, but it's impossible to know without at least pics. Unless HUO, it's not a steal for sure.

Quoted from mandelbloom:

"have a nice No Good Gofer's pinball machine. It works 100%, it doesnt need anything, its ready for your home or on route to make money. The cabinet and playfield are very nice, all lights have been changed to led lights for a brighter and newer look. The cabinet does come with new green cabinet protectors that help keep the cabinet in nice shape. The game was recently shopped and is ready to go. It comes with the orignal manual and key fob."

#14 8 years ago

Awesome game, you will love it. I cannot stop playing it. They are rather uncommon and can be hard to find. If it is worth the few extra bucks to you, then buy it, I would!

#15 8 years ago

Thanks everyone depending on what I find I was thinking of offering $2400...but the fact its local and I don't need to pay for shipping definitely counts for something.

P.S. If anyone happens to know the exact height of one of these when folded that would really help Im good width and length wise. If not I can just measure tomorrow and get it another day if needed!

#17 8 years ago

That belonged to a guy in Tampa...I saw he was trying to sell it locally for 2350...ended up selling it on ebay for more. Looks like a nice machine.

#18 8 years ago

NGG is a blast. Hard to say what a fair price would be, without more info. But from the description, the $2,500 range wouldn't be a bad deal. Buying local is always a big plus, too. Paid $2,250 for mine about 5 months ago. Worth every penny, and then some, IMO. Had to drive 5 hours (one way) to retrieve it. If you ever want to sell it, you'll have very little trouble doing so. Fun game, timeless golf theme, and not many were made.

#19 8 years ago

30 x 30 x 52 is a really good estimate. If it is your first machine, don't take the back box apart, rent a trailer.

#20 8 years ago

Check the playfield for slam ramp wear ( if none...put a peice of mylar immmedietly to prevent)and also the slam ramp itself has weak welds(some get horrible repairs)...gofers get beat and the spinning golfball wears out the letters.....check Pinwiki to see if it will fit in your SUV...they have a "will haul a pin" list...one fits in my Scion XB with room to spare.
As far as the game goes....I love no good gofers..fun, different, and hilarious..I recommend it for a 1 pin collection...priced a little high by about 400 bucks.....as long as it's decent..HUO it's a steal...and collector quality it's within reason...still 2200 sounds better...grab it! great game

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

NGG is an amazing machine to start off with. Not usually as expenisve as the A listers and yet just as good (if not better, in my opinion). I'd check the golf cart toy, sometimes it can be chipped by the ball and sellers may not noticed - its quite expensive to replace so a good golf cart is important, otherwise its a nice easy game not only to maintain but to play too

I agree, great first game. Well, I mean, great game *period*!

#22 8 years ago

As everyone has all ready said great game!!!!curious how long before the price goes up on them get it while you can at a good price

#23 8 years ago

going to look in a couple of hours, a little nervous since I never bought a machine before don't want to get ripped Turns out it won't fit in my car but will fit in my mothers so I guess she gets to come visit if I buy it! Will report back thanks for all the advice!

#24 8 years ago

I got it. It's in decent shape playfield and plastics are all pretty darn good. Cabinet is ok has some minor scratches backbox too. Really bad where the legs go but it has plastic protectors there now do you can't see. It's not all led from what I can tell te controlled lamps are not but the GI is. But like I said seems to play perfect, seller was better at it than me so I had him show me a few hole in one shots oh the gofers in decent shape too bud could use a little touch up on his mustach buzz looks fine. Paid $2400 so think it was fair maybe I could have for better. Will take pics or video tomorrow.

#25 8 years ago

Bad video but I did get a Hole in One Will take some stuff with glass off tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/9KKxt4PYSV0

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Changing lights to LEDs means absolutely nothing. Lots of games look better with bulbs, but all you need is $75 and an hour of time and LEDs are installed, no big deal at all.

You've never led'd a ToM...

#27 8 years ago

I may make "leding" the controlled lamps a project ?

There is some Mylar in common wear spots should I remove it? Good news is the only wear spot I see is by the ramp and it may very well just be the Mylar they have there that's damaged cant tell.

#28 8 years ago

In my opinion NGG is one of the last bargains left, that and wh2o.

#29 8 years ago

Cool think I did good! Hopefully it will go up I told my wife it was an investment

#30 8 years ago

Here are some pics!
You can see the few "scratches" or missing decal on the cabinet. Not sure if there is anyway to fix this without getting a new decal which doesn't seem to exist?

Also in the last shot that spotlight LED is out...I tried to remove it to swap with another and see if it was just burnt out but can't figure out to get it out? was being cautious.

IMG_1105.jpg IMG_1106.jpg IMG_1107.jpg IMG_1108.jpg IMG_1110.jpg

#31 8 years ago

Excellent purchase, IMO. $2,400 is very reasonable. Not too high, not too low. NGG is just a great game.

#32 8 years ago

Yea it plays perfect. The right slingshot stopped working and I freaked out, when I opened the coinbox it said check switch right sling shot & right inlane. Looked under the playfield thinking something came loose. Eventually I found the two metal pieces that touch when the ball hit were stuck together I freed them and it cleared the issue. Also had to give a little tug on the right inlane switch. All is fine now new to this so was scared haha.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 37.50
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside