(Topic ID: 146680)

Potential 2016 titles your most excited about?

By Rockytop

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Arcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Potential 2016 titles your most excited about?”

• The Hobbit 27 votes
    18%
  • Alien 46 votes
    31%
  • Ghostbusters 59 votes
    40%
  • TBL 18 votes
    12%
  • Rob Zombie 23 votes
    16%
  • Pat's Game with JJP 53 votes
    36%
  • Attack from Mars remake 15 votes
    10%
  • P3's Games 9 votes
    6%
  • Python's Circus 9 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 147 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

You can vote for more than one.

#3 8 years ago

Sorry, didn't see I could vote for more than one.

I voted Pats JJP game but would have voted for Alien as well. Hope JJP3 has a better layout than the first two.

I'd be excited about RZ but decided too late to get on the list so I'll never make the cut. It's really too bad they limited to one third of their potential.

#4 8 years ago

Did you want to include Spiderman 2016?

#5 8 years ago

Lawlor's game is going to be ridiculous...in a good way.

#6 8 years ago

I can only afford one, and it looks like that one's gonna be RZ. I'd be hella tempted by a Ghostbusters though, especially if it has Lyman designing the software.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Did you want to include spiderman 2016?

I thought about that but ran out of poll spots.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sorry, didn't see I could vote for more than one.
I voted Pats JJP game but would have voted for Alien as well. Hope JJP3 has a better layout than the first two.
I'd be excited about RZ but decided too late to get on the list so I'll never make the cut. It's really too bad they limited to one third of their potential.

agreed. I think they could probably sell 1,000 of RZ...unless the gameplay is just terrible. (which I don't think will be the case)

#9 8 years ago

Isn't Aerosmith the next band pin?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

agreed. I think they could probably sell 1,000 of RZ...unless the gameplay is just terrible. (which I don't think will be the case)

Sure they could sell that many, but considering their size it would take them years to build them all, and people would be left waiting an extremely long time to get their game.

#11 8 years ago

I'm on the RZ wait list, but know I'll never get an email saying I made it, send in your money! So, I've been hoarding cash to ensure I'm ready for an Aliens and Ghostbusters as soon as they release. If a TRON VE comes out I guess I'll be on Ramon Noodles to afford that too.

No Spider-Man VE for me plz

#12 8 years ago

I'm most excited about the ones that we know are happening - JJP #3, Rob Zombie, Alien, TBL. Remakes and VEs don't hold much appeal to me, as I don't buy NIB, but they could be good for the used pin market.

#13 8 years ago

Hendrix. I haven't done acid in a long time.

#14 8 years ago

*you're .

Sorry, I am a jerk, and I'll own that one.

As far as a title, I don't know if I am excited in any one particular title. If the game comes out with solid code and looks the part, I am in!

#15 8 years ago

TH, RZ, Full Throttle, and Alien all interest me. Not really looking for a remake unless someone does something surprising and remakes some older games in the $4500 or less range. Haven't heard anything else from Wizbang to know if they have something else in the works but if so it might interest me also. I'm not paying the price the TBL or JJP 3 will be priced at even if they are the best games ever.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Sure they could sell that many, but considering their size it would take them years to build them all, and people would be left waiting an extremely long time to get their game.

Good point. Hopefully when the new building comes online they can slowly build up their staff to reach a point where they can have some higher runs of games.

#17 8 years ago

Iron Maiden

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18 8 years ago

Is it just me or did JJP sit on the egg too long with The Hobbit?

#19 8 years ago

It's going to be interesting to see how Stern will incorporate LCD into their platform and whether that'll significantly improve the current DMD experience. They are a light year behind JJP, it would be nice to see Stern take leadership in this aspect but somehow I suspect it'll be the 'path of least cost' rather than best experience...

#20 8 years ago

STAR WARS!!!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

It's going to be interesting to see how Stern will incorporate LCD into their platform and whether that'll significantly improve the current DMD experience. They are a light year behind JJP, it would be nice to see Stern take leadership in this aspect but somehow I suspect it'll be the 'path of least cost' rather than best experience...

I predict they will simply replace the DMD with a laptop panel, ala ColorDMD, but won't mask it to the traditional DMD shape, so it will be a taller screen, more like the old big Sega displays. Translite will shrink a little vertically to make up for it.

#22 8 years ago

A Jimi Hendrix pin with Lyman code would definitely get my attention.

#23 8 years ago

a non-stripped done stern pro delivered to my door for $4700 or less

#24 8 years ago

Only one that really excited me is Pat's JJP, but I wouldn't plan on spending that much so more admiring from afar.
Other ones I would wait and see

#25 8 years ago

I am stoked for any new title as long as it doesn't make me think "Zizzle" after the big reveal....

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I am stoked for any new title as long as it doesn't make me think "Zizzle" after the big reveal....

Unless the comparison happens to be to the price, in a good way.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Too soon!

#28 8 years ago

Aliens, hands down. Cant wait to see what Andrew did with this title and Aurich's art package!

#30 8 years ago

I'm excited for Pat's game, but no way in hell it's a 2016 game. Seeing a prototype at a show doesn't count against other released games. Most of that list should see games in customer's hands this year though.

#31 8 years ago

I'm hoping for one called "Elementary Grammar Throwdown"!

An AFM remake might pique my interest, but it would have to cost less than the MMR did, seeing as how AFMs never brought as much as original MMs did before that remake.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'm hoping for one called "Elementary Grammar Throwdown"!
An AFM remake might pique my interest, but it would have to cost less than the MM did, seeing as how AFMs never brought as much as original MMs did before that remake.

Price it like a Stern Pro and we can talk. More than that and good luck!

#33 8 years ago

Spiderman and Alien

#34 8 years ago

I was really excited about TBL until the recent price hike to 10k. It's one of my favorite movies, so obviously I love the theme. The $1,500 price hike since the announcement has taken the wind out of my sails. Whether it's true or not I can't help but feeling I would be paying for part of the startup costs and mistakes of a new company.

#35 8 years ago

Voted Ghostbusters and Pat Lawlor.
I am dying to know what Pat has planned. But even if JJP steps up their production schedule it will still be a long wait before it ships.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potential-2016-titles-your-most-excited-about and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.