(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,984 posts
  • 217 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MarZ_78
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 45 votes
    22%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 67 votes
    33%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 30 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 31 votes
    15%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 15 votes
    7%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 15 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 203 votes by 191 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 414 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg
272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
20200319_164738 (resized).jpg
AEF37959-C604-4A07-B193-2416A6A62929 (resized).jpeg
F10537D7-D970-4859-B5C9-CF482DF29BFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200320_103742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200320_101453 (resized).jpg
917EEAC5-4AC1-4204-BDA8-5497FFCB4BAC (resized).jpeg
83458836-4863-4833-8D88-F5A9E65F9517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3627 (resized).jpeg
20200127_171934 (resized).jpg
Shocked.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
potc2_5234 (resized).jpg
3FC99A16-7187-44B6-811B-16DD827ABC65 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #306 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #1 Posted by harryhoudini (1 year ago)

Post #307 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #2 Posted by harryhoudini (1 year ago)

Post #432 Washer and Starpost Solution Posted by harryhoudini (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1335 10 months ago

See my story in the mirco PF quality thread. My WOZ PF chipped badly and I asked for another PF and Jack gave me shit about it. He eventually sent me a PF but it was a reject with dished inserts and a deep indention In the middle. Jack is a nice guy to your face but an asshole when it comes to making good on his lack of quality machines. I went to his daughter and told her what was going on and she sold me a nice PF at full price. I never installed it because I sold the game after quite a few other problems.

#1341 10 months ago

How many plays in 8 months could hurt your case... you paid 9-12k for that mother fucker. It should last 10 years without issues. W/B games have been on location for 10-15 years and the PFs don’t have ink chipping off. Fucking Jack needs to get the issues fixed before he sells anymore games and Mirco needs to figure out what his problem is. I’m not buying anything any way but I damn sure wouldn’t buy one with them ha ring the kind of issues they have now and the manufacturers not standing behind them.

#1353 10 months ago

What pf is that, it’s beautiful.

#1491 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The notion that JJP is "getting away with shit" as if they engineered this intentionally and are scheming to ruin your experience is what I take issue with.
If you have empathy and see the other side of the issue you will see that they are doing what they can to do right by their customers.

It doesn't make a shit to me because I will never buy another JJP game because he burned me on a WOZ years ago but I have to disagree with you. Jacks games were having issues starting with WOZ. My PF started chipping at 100 games or less and when I demanded another PF he sent me a reject. Jacks games are still having issues and he has done nothing about them by the 5th game, and he is giving out PFs with the same issues to shut people up. Jack is knowingly and purposely selling you guys a defective product. But, nothing will be done about it and most here will continue to buy, this thread will be forgotten and others just like it will come up rinse and repeat.

1 week later
#1584 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And that is exactly why I'm against torches and pitchforks for JJP. They got caught in this like everyone did, and they are at least providing a workaround and replacement program.

BULLSHIT. I say... I say BULLSHIT. JJP has been having issues with his PFs since WOZ along with quality issues and he has been giving out band aids for it instead of replacing the playfields the whole time. You pay 9-12 K for a game and the pf starts coming apart in less than 1000 plays and he doesn’t acknowledge it or he will sell you another flawed pf. Fuck that guy and the horse he rode in on. I’m sorry but I think you are crazy to buy from him or Stern. Let one game sit and rot and they will get their shit together

#1644 10 months ago

I know Jack or his daughter is reading this. I cant help but wonder what his reaction is to this thread. Its funny all the badmouthing he did of Stern and what a crap product they sold and his games are more money and have equal problems. Screw you Jack.

#1840 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

... and on the back of the t-shirt it could say
Just
Junky
Playfields
And there could be a picture of my I-lane post chip on both the front and back.

I want one

#1841 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Well, I read your post on the drive home from work, and mulled over my thoughts.
I guess for me, Jersey Jack Pinball has been a bit of a fantasy for me, since I first saw the Wizard of Oz and Dialed In, a year and a half ago in person.
Seeing those games, the wonders that they are, helped distract me from my current situation in life. Most of my friends for decades moved onward with families. Women and dating, never bore the fruit/s I'd hoped it would. Career choices never panned out the way I'd like them to have grown. Belief systems, whether religious or ethical, became obsolete and weighed down by life experience. Media, has felt retread, not refreshed, and ultimately repetitive. Family has gotten older, passed on, and even my two cats are becoming senior in age.
Fantasy was necessary. And Jersey Jack Pinball seemed to represent a sidestep from all those saddening aspects of life, in a way that felt magical, fresh, and called back to younger years where pinball thrived, was inventive, and playful.
This past year though, has seen the curtains of that fantasy fall ever downward. The Wizard exposed. The clouds a bit grayer where sun once shined.
From reading seriously on this game for months prior, then ownership, the reality of Jersey Jack Pinball, of pinball in general, has left me feeling more saddened than reality removed.
I feel at this point, personally I have three options in moving forward with my game, my Jersey Jack Pinball experience.
First, acceptance. Realizing and accepting the damage already done, and most likely more to come, and coming to just feel that's the way things will be with this game, or any other future game I'd fathom purchasing from them.
Another option is more contact, more frustration, more telephone calls and emails to JJP and Automated, and fighting more for what I feel I deserve as a customer, and most likely not getting that recognition.
Lastly, would be signing this letter. And for me, I feel that would be the final cutting stroke of this bond. A severance from buyer to manufacturer. A final cut, a line drawn, a flag waved, a cannon fired. There would be no going back for me, in my mind. The bond of good faith, from buyer to seller, seller to buyer, unabated, would be gone forever onward.
So that is where I'm at. Every avenue feels as if the dream of Jersey Jack Pinball is near death. The fantasy, now made reality. The distraction from the pain and rigors of my daily world, now a bit more inescapable than they were a year prior.
That, is why I am reluctant to sign.
I know the dream has been wounded, and is fading ever so quickly, but for me, signing a letter in this manner, one calculated and clinical versus from my own mind and heart, would only serve to severe a tie that I'm not quite ready to have die. Not just yet.
I do feel it will, but I'd rather have that death of fantasy, come directly from my own mouth, my own words, my own intent.
I do appreciate your efforts in all of this, and I do wish you the outcome you so desire, but for me, I must forge my own path, have my own fantasy come to it's end by my own voice.

Wow, your life sounds like mine. If someone told me I was going to die tomorrow I wouldn't give a shit.

#1843 10 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Certified mail is being sent out today to 5 addresses, 4 individuals and one LLC. All those who asked to sign are included, around 10 people. Any response will be posted here.

Aaaand nothing will happen, but it never hurts to try. Sue his ass.

#1873 10 months ago
Quoted from mjruser:

As a conservative, I STRONGLY endorse the reality of personal responsibility, over the idea that the Washington bureaucrats can make better decisions for me.
Liberals want to control your wallets and the conservatives want to control your mind, you cannot control my mind, so leave my wallet the fuck alone!
Take personal responsibility for your action.
POTC is a terrific, mindbending, innovative product albeit with a flaw or two. With innovation comes risks, purchasing such innovations is a risk which you chose to make.
Kind Regards,
Mike
PS As my father always joked, if you are under 30 and not a liberal you have no heart if you are over 30 and not a conservative you have no brain.

They will have none of that logical conservative stuff here.

#1875 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can you guys keep politics out of our pinball fun?
I come here to escape that stuff.

See what I mean

1 week later
#1997 10 months ago

Play the game. Get the spare playfield, and don't let any blemish, scuff, chip or crack bother you.

You are crazy. You cant expect people who pay 9-12K for a pin or not to go ballistic when the PF starts to come apart at 100 games or around that. some W/B games have perfect PFs after thousand of games and being 20-30 years old. You think its too much to expect a game you pay this much for to stay intact for a couple years. That is completely beyond my capability to fathom that anyone would find that acceptable. I figured my game was a one time event that surely wouldn't happen to others and certainly not to future games. I figured free PF would be the least Jack could do. He should have replaced the whole game as it wasn't out of warranty yet but he gave me the run around and finally after pushing him shipped a reject PF. Fuck that, fuck Jack, fuck his pinball machines and his playfields. After 5 games and it is still happening, well that is close to criminal as far as I'm concerned. He is willingly and knowingly selling a defective product. A auto manufacturer would have to issue a recall and repair the car for free. Yes I know this isn't a car. You people who own his defective products should start a class action lawsuit and sue his ass.

#1999 10 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Knowingly selling a defective product?

Yes knowingly. There have been multiple issues with his PFs since WoZ, quite a few in fact. I have seen PF with the entire pop bumper are down to wood. He has done nothing to change or stop this. He gives out stickers to cover it or some other band aid or he will sell you another potentially flawed PF. I don't want a fucking sticker over the PF of my game I paid a ton for. So yes, He knowingly and willingly is selling a potentially flawed product. He just is betting that no one will do anything about it but bitch.

#2003 10 months ago

I hope you know that was zaphx quote and not mine.

Sorry, whoevers post I got it from was blue. Whoever said it, in my opinion, is crazy if they think it should just be let go.

#2105 9 months ago

It’s funny how Jack nor his staff have the balls to come on this thread and confirm or deny the what is being said here. He would rather hide like a bitch and just sell people 12K pins that won’t stay together a year.

#2123 9 months ago

Ironically, with a large amount of sarcasm, JJP is causing me to lose money now. I've had orders cancelled because people aren't going to keep their games or because they are waiting on JJP to make a more befitting offer for playfields. Reminds me, I am going to call Frank right now.

I want to know how this works out

1 week later
#2201 9 months ago

Wow, You guys are finally are growing a pair.

#2301 9 months ago

B bye Jack. You had your chance to get it together. You had these issues Starting with WOZ and you fucked us. You kept selling games with issues. " Its a pinball machine, what do you want me to do". Isnt that what you told me? Now people are mad and you are losing money. I know you are reading this but you don't have the integrity to speak up. B Bye now. I bought my first NIB from you and you made it a terrible experience.

1 week later
#2413 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Again... how do those chips kill the game play or make it the worst thing that can happen? Right... they don’t.
It’s like you all would throw a game away if you scratched the cabinet.... because you can’t fix the art.

If the PF is chipping now, what do you think it will look like in a few years?

#2419 9 months ago

I just love how people make excuses for these manufacturers who are charging you thousands of dollars for a flawed product. You have more money than I do to want to continue to pay that kind of cash for these machines.

1 week later
#2539 8 months ago

Im thinking they could solve this problem with more hardener and less clear. Now the issue of the ink coming off I have no idea.

1 month later
#2668 7 months ago

Just leave the PF in a hot car in the summer time. That will cure the clear. I have done it before. You will get a good buzz when you drive for a while.

3 months later
#2829 4 months ago

After all this bs and the way Jack has handled it and treated people I don’t know why anyone would buy from him again.

#2831 4 months ago

Well to be honest I did t get that he had started calling people to apologies and was giving them for free. Last I tuned into their people were bitching and raising hell with him to get anything and we’re pretty much getting the same shit play fields so my apologies for not being informed. It is disappointing however to have a non pin and see the pf fall apart in less than a year. I won’t tell my story again, you all know it. It left a bitter taste in my mouth that still hasn’t gone away. I couldn’t get rid of the game fast enough. I just hope the issue has been dealt with. No one wants to have to install a pf on a game they just bought and most wouldn’t attempt it anyway and will play their game as is

#2839 4 months ago

I swapped my first pf, a IJ, laying the new pf on phone books.

#2857 4 months ago

I’m going to say this once more. Jack and Stern are taking advantage of you people. The build these machines as cheap as they can and sell them to you as high as they can get away with. This of course is capitalism. But, they sell them with known flaws and expensive issues, basically a poor quality product with pretty much no warranty. Until you guys stop kissing their ass because they are the only manufacturers of pinball machines and demand a better product and or a lower price you are going to get screwed. I learned my lesson with WOZ that Jack is a asshole and is definitely not your friend even though he pretends to be. Stern and Jack will continue to sell flawed products until they have no choice but to make it better.

#2887 4 months ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Minor cosmetic defects do not make "the product not fit for its normal use."

The fuck it doesn’t. If I pay 10-12 large for a pin and the pf is trash within a year it damn sure makes me not want the game anymore, and what do you think it will look like in 4-5 years. The game probably won’t be working anymore anyway the way these new games go. The PDFs on W/B games have lasted 20 years or more and the PFs on a lot of them still look great. Stern and Jack can’t make a game that will stay together for for any time at all. If I could afford to buy these games there is no way in hell that I would.

1 week later
#2894 3 months ago
Quoted from jfaulkner56:

Why wouldn't the answer be for JJP to... 1) Send a new playfield 2) Pay a professional technician that they recommend in your area to do the swap
That's the only realistic way to deal with this that doesn't require crazy populated playfield shipping drama and crazy "deep water" labor time by the purchaser, if they could do the job at all.

Ill swap them for 1000.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plymouth, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside