(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,984 posts
  • 217 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MarZ_78
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 45 votes
    22%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 67 votes
    33%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 30 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 31 votes
    15%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 15 votes
    7%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 15 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 203 votes by 191 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 414 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg
272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
20200319_164738 (resized).jpg
AEF37959-C604-4A07-B193-2416A6A62929 (resized).jpeg
F10537D7-D970-4859-B5C9-CF482DF29BFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200320_103742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200320_101453 (resized).jpg
917EEAC5-4AC1-4204-BDA8-5497FFCB4BAC (resized).jpeg
83458836-4863-4833-8D88-F5A9E65F9517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3627 (resized).jpeg
20200127_171934 (resized).jpg
Shocked.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
potc2_5234 (resized).jpg
3FC99A16-7187-44B6-811B-16DD827ABC65 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #306 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #1 Posted by harryhoudini (1 year ago)

Post #307 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #2 Posted by harryhoudini (1 year ago)

Post #432 Washer and Starpost Solution Posted by harryhoudini (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#192 1 year ago

Man, I would never ever own or be in the business of selling pinball machines, as a manufacturer or dealer. It’s one of the few markets that have some incredibly anal buyers. My POTC has an indent and a minor flake around the post...but honestly, I really don’t care. That’s not right or wrong, and if you feel it’s a big issue, more power to you. I have one of the first batch, and knowingly took a risk on stuff like this to be the first to own it. c'est la vie

Again, if you feel like it’s a big issue, I understand and best of luck. If I’m comparing it to other “high end toys” though, most manufacturers usually tell ya to pack sand. Headlights micro cracking on a new mclaren? Sorry, we can sell you new ones for $13k....”I’ll never buy another mclaren again”....sorry to see you go, we just don’t consider it an issue. Guy who bought my used Lambo contacted me, then the manufacturer because the gap was off on the deck. Car was still under warranty, but they basically said “f off, we aren’t going to do anything”. Was it right or wrong, I don’t know, they are minor issues and I’m sure they don’t want the floodgates to open now that everyone is connected via social media and forums.

All of the pins I’ve owned had issues, some big, some small. In the end, I just enjoy my pins and feel thankful I can afford to own them. Have all the manufactures let me down in one way or another? Sure, but was it enough for me to stop buying? Meh, not yet. It is a perfect example of why having a good quality control program is important, as they can catch issues like these before things go out the door. Heck, at my business, we actually reward the QC guy when he finds a bad product, almost making a sort of game of it. We constantly make sure the focus is on bad parts or issues before it hits the customers hands to avoid issue like these.

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I find it interesting how many folks complaining are not actually owners. Unless you guys need to update your collection info.

It’s amazing when you dig into some peoples post history, or have seen them follow from thread to thread, it’s a bunch of Rage boner for JJP. They are the same ones that trash any new release, blow up any minor issue, and always say JJP is at deaths door. They were always “going to buy the next one”, or “That one song isn’t on it? It’s shit, I’m out”....always some
Bullshit excuse and everyone sees it but them. Pretty pathetic existence to be honest.

I like stern, JJP, CGC....all of them, I own them all, like them all, and will continue to support them all. I hope they all do amazing. Raging against the competition to the tune of thousands of posts a year makes you a loser who should re-examine your priorities. Just ones mans opinion though.

#291 1 year ago

these May work if people are looking for something simple. Part number Traxxas 1815, body washer. The hole is a little large, as they are .75 inch in diameter, but the material is like a lexan/thin plastic. It’s strong enough to not deform under pressure points, but weak enough it will compress just a bit. I think they sell the thicker type at Lowe’s as well, but those are usually a hard plastic and don’t compress much. Best of luck.

3 weeks later
#981 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are you saying if the damage was visible without removing parts you would be ok with it?
Are you saying if damage was still visible with star posts and washers still cool?
How about not being able to relocate the movable posts because the hole is damaged? This ok and normal too?
Just curious because if you can honestly say yes to all three, you need to have your head examined. Just sayin.

You can’t move a post because a hole is damaged? Shew, I’d have to see that to believe it.....Ive had every JJP, the worst being dialed In as far as PF issues, Even cracking the clear at the inlane switches. Honestly, POTC has been better for me than previous JJP models as far as playfield issues. Expecting a populated playfield seems unreasonable, and comparing it to other manufacturers who had ghosted inserts out of the box isn’t really apples to apples.

Trust me, I wish at 1000 plays I could go over every pin I have and find no damage. Truthfully though, every single pin has damage of varying levels. Stern, JJP, CGC, etc... everyone of them shows signs of use at a few hundred plays, and right or wrong, I’ve grown to accept it as the current state of pin manufacturing. c'est la vie

1 month later
#1700 10 months ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Some of you guys are new here, so I'll excuse you. If you had any idea how JJP, Stern and Spooky employees were treated when they were on here you would understand why they no longer contribute. Believe me, it has nothing to with being too busy.

Ain’t that the truth. Haha I remember stern had a dedicated media guy for a while, Jared I think. He was literally run off in 9 months from customers badgering him, some legit, but mostly trivial BS. It’s a nice thought, but manufacturers realized a while ago responding on these forums would basically require a masochist...

#1839 10 months ago
Quoted from Jared:

Actually, I have worked for Stern for more than 4 years now and still retain my position. I manage all of Sterns social media channels and content. I was once a very active Pinside member, before I joined the industry.

Sorry, didn’t mean to imply you had left stern, but meant people badgered you with issues and problems that you weren’t responsible for. It made me realize how difficult it was for a manufacturer to be on social media, and seemed like it was nearly impossible to satisfy everyone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Laredo, TX
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside