(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,984 posts
  • 217 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MarZ_78
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 45 votes
    22%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 67 votes
    33%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 30 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 31 votes
    15%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 15 votes
    7%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 15 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 203 votes by 191 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 414 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg
272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
20200319_164738 (resized).jpg
AEF37959-C604-4A07-B193-2416A6A62929 (resized).jpeg
F10537D7-D970-4859-B5C9-CF482DF29BFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200320_103742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200320_101453 (resized).jpg
917EEAC5-4AC1-4204-BDA8-5497FFCB4BAC (resized).jpeg
83458836-4863-4833-8D88-F5A9E65F9517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3627 (resized).jpeg
20200127_171934 (resized).jpg
Shocked.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
potc2_5234 (resized).jpg
3FC99A16-7187-44B6-811B-16DD827ABC65 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #306 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #1 Posted by harryhoudini (1 year ago)

Post #307 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #2 Posted by harryhoudini (1 year ago)

Post #432 Washer and Starpost Solution Posted by harryhoudini (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#915 12 months ago

Yikes.

#923 12 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

My questions is why one user received their "kit" and everyone else is sitting here twiddling their thumbs? No post by JJP, no announcement, no reply to the people who have contacted them repeatedly? I guess it doesn't matter since all they are sending out is shit we all already bought and tinkered with to prevent more issues on our own. Such a disappointment. Do we each have to repeatedly call to try and get further information on this situation? A short statement by the company would surely go a long way in consumer confidence.

They are busy with Wonka.

#931 12 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

This isn’t the owners thread. Right? Where should people discuss issues or if a company stands behind their product? Oh that’s right...they shouldn’t discuss those things at all....Jeez is right....

I seriously would be upset if it was an LE. Freaking 12k. I feel bad.

#1076 11 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

But who wants to play the playfield lottery at these prices?

Only 12k for an LE.

#1092 11 months ago

JJP has ruined my life

4 weeks later
#1365 10 months ago

JJP take care of your customers!

2 weeks later
#1645 10 months ago

Hey Jack,

Nice way to treat these hard working Americans. Shame.

#1682 10 months ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Read quite a bit of the above links and it certainly appears that while it took awhile Stearn, in the end, they stepped up. Sending out boxes for populated playfields swapping the parts onto new boards and shipping em back. Local dealers were even handling the removal and reinstall on behalf of their clients.

Stern sent me a replacement playfield for my AC/DC premium vault I had. That’s how you keep a customer.

#1688 10 months ago

Jeesus, between you and Derek I don't know who is a bigger JJP zealot.
So, yeah. *I* tried it. I emailed Jen as soon as I found out about it. Btw... how do you find out about it? Is it listed on their site? Did they announce to their customers? Was it posted here? Classic. What a professional communication device in this day and age, a RESTRICTED google group. This is fucking ridiculous the pedestal you are trying to stand on.
I was told I was added. I've had a Google account for something like 20 years, I don't know. I participate in several Google based forums/groups without issue. When I try to access the JJP Google Group I get an "access denied" error. I've replied to Jen with this information, she said I was added and she knew of no issue that would prevent me from joining. Now what?
Posting to the most centralized place dedicated to your product and the community that supports you is the LEAST you can do as a business where enthusiasts make up a majority of the interest in your product. It's absolutely short sighted and irresponsible for a business not to use one of the easiest and cheapest means of advertisement and communication about their products. Several of their employees post here under the title of their business name, is that not sanctioned? I'd be surprised if pinside community and communication isn't a very big known topic in their office.
Since you brought this up, how many other ways does JJP communicate with customers? I've said it before, I signed up for their email list countless times, never once I have received one email from their email list. I run a web hosting company, I've been managing internet services for over 25 years, I run my own spam filtering service, I would know if an email never made it to me. I've used their support form numerous times, even before I bought my first JJP, and never once received a response. How do you find out about "kit" releases, playfield offers, code updates? Tell me where this all gets announced please, I'd like to join.
I've sent Frank many emails on various issues, with nothing but utter politeness and information, asking for NOTHING. Almost never do I get a reply. Hey, my chest bracket cracked... you think that would get a reply.
Stephen and Lloyd have been absolutely fanatical in their support. Shannan is a godsend. Frank is obviously stuck in the middle and I am sure is doing a heck of a job given the position he is in. No one here, I would wager, wants anything bad for JJP nor are there personal issues with employees or owners. There is a business to customer issue.
Your head is in the sand.

I don’t know you man, but I know how stressful this is. It can actually hurt your health. I was so upset about my AC/DC, but it was resolved correctly. I seriously hope you the best from western Massachusetts.

#1776 10 months ago

Certified letters going out Friday. Sign up if you haven't.

Go get them tiger! It’s your hard earned money.

#1797 10 months ago
Quoted from GTO:

[quoted image]

In about an hour from now that bag of popcorn will look tasty when the munchies kicks in..

#1803 10 months ago

MA is legal and so is WA.

I have 4 dispensaries within a 20 minute drive from my residence. FULL disclosure

1 month later
#2431 9 months ago

JJP the Cadillac of pinball. Muhahaha.

#2509 8 months ago

Repopulate your own playfield lol. Buy a New truck and they say here sorry about your transmission install this new one yourself.

#2548 8 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Not yet on mine, but it can often take a week or two for it to show up from other retailers due to the credit card company processing time so I'm guessing this wouldn't be any different.

Please keep us posted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Rutledge, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside