(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,737 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by joseph5185
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 34 votes
    18%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 62 votes
    34%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 28 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 30 votes
    16%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 15 votes
    8%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 15 votes
    8%

(Multiple choice - 184 votes by 174 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 397 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191102_150212 (resized).jpg
20191102_122653 (resized).jpg
20191102_122630 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190923_190912 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3883 (resized).JPG
IMG-4601 (resized).JPG
IMG-4600 (resized).JPG
IMG-4599 (resized).JPG
IMG-4598 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #306 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #1 Posted by harryhoudini (6 months ago)

Post #307 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #2 Posted by harryhoudini (6 months ago)

Post #432 Washer and Starpost Solution Posted by harryhoudini (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GnarLee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1625 3 months ago

I guarantee they make more than $500 per game. If there was a master list of every part on the machine and its cost im sure everything adds to a pretty penny. But bottom line is those gi led boards that they value at 60-70 bucks is literally a $5 part to have manufactured and you cant tell me there is not skin on the bone somewhere. If they came out and said (with proof) that the cost of the playfield is $550 (which is prolly right if a CONSUMER gets something at cost however when you order 1000 like a manufacturer the cost should be much less like say $350-400) and they were selling them as low as possible. From there they should paying for the shipping as well as include random JJP swag for the troubles.

*Edit Yes MARCO is awesome. When I put in those $400 random part orders with 200 different things on it. It is inevitable that something is wrong. Missing bulb wrong screw whatever it was they had a replacement on the way within a day (even let me sneak a item I forgot one time). And to top it all off if you catch them at a pin show free shipping and if you chat them up you can haggle the prices a bit (think i got an extra $10 off at TPF on top of the discounts that were already posted) and every little bit counts

#1773 3 months ago

you mean a $5 fix kit.

Edit* That really fixes nothing and only attempts to hide the damage and if we are being honest could cause further issues. Im no rocket scientist but I do know downward force is downward force. Just because we increased the surface area ( which really isnt the case because that washer is riding on top of the donut so no extra surface area and the pressure of the washer pushing on the donut now could infact cause your donut to turn into a quite significant chip) doesnt mean that the clearcoat donuts wont still happen. as a proof of concept the tortuga scoop has nice surface area and I got one huge donut around it. Wtf is a chincy little washer going to do?

4 weeks later
#2182 84 days ago

wonder if the 0618 is manuf date which means it has been sitting for over a year.

#2225 83 days ago

If I owned the machine for a year or 2 then no I wouldn’t expect to get a new play field. When I’ve been an owner for a month and see pooling and now 5 months in I have places with chipping ya I would expect a new play field. I even knew about the problem and was careful to not make the problem worse from the get go. I dont know about you but I plan on keeping my pirates for a very long time. My 30 year old f-14 can be restored to look like brand new. In 30 years my pirates won’t have a play field left. Oh and if you had any pooling the 6 star post only “fix” (I mean hide) your slings. What’s going to happen to your outlanes, chapter select posts, tortuga scoop. In a year when your play field is falling apart like some of ours are I’ll be sure to remind you it was “only” 1-2mm

#2263 82 days ago

I really want to see pics of these playfields that have 0 pooling around any of the posts

#2297 81 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ever play WoZ when half the lights don't work?

The woz at the “somewhat” local arcade has this problem. I’m 99% sure it is an original woz (not sure on boards though). Have learned my lesson. The woz always gets reset before I put quarters in it.

#2306 81 days ago

Jack doesnt carry a sat phone? Pleb

#2318 79 days ago

Yep if I was told that players with chipping were getting playfields and people with rippling were getting the shaft I would be inclined to do some major maintenance that required removing posts. Like for example I might need to wax the machine and with my OCD Ill pull stuff so I can get everything. Pretty sure ill have signifigant chipping as soon as I pull the posts again. As it stands now I installed the fix and I have rippling around some of the washers in the fix now.

#2352 77 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I don't have to imagine, I've SEEN it. The operator I help now USED to have machines at a truck stop - not anymore. They are massively abused, not just by truck drivers, but homeless people that try to break into them since the game room at a truck stop is a low-supervision area.

HA HA If that were occuring I would figure out how to wire some voltage to the coin box. Want to steal some shit from me and be prepared to get the shit shocked out of you. I would even put a warning for the dumbfucks so suing me would not be an option.

#2356 77 days ago

I disagree. It is my property to do as I wish with. The machine already has a high voltage warning when you open the coindoor. I would just add a warning to the outside of machine the reiterates there is high voltage on the inside of machine. No court of my peers would convict me based on some asshole trying to rob me.

#2358 77 days ago

if there is a warning that the machine uses high voltage its hardly a boobie trap. Who is to say when they broke my coin door They didnt break a wire and voltage make its way to the internal coin box?

#2393 76 days ago

um putting a bomb inside of a car is a little different than a little shock. Would not be hard to argue he was at fault because he was unqualified to work on a pinball machine/electricity. Furthermore the machine clearly has warnings stating there is high voltage from the manufacturer that he ignored. Ill stand trial in front of a jury of peers and argue all day. Not that this scenario would ever happen but, sue me idgaf. Worst case you get a couple thousand dollars big woop. No house no cars no kids no job..what are you suing me for again?

#2396 76 days ago

You assume I own the pirates I play. Your beat chance at $$ out of me would to go after my vehicle. Unfortunately on paper it is only half mine so you could get half of a car I suppose.

1 month later
#2654 27 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

My sauna begs to differ.

Your sauna also isnt make of partially clearcoated plywood and also probably has some type of hydrophobic sealant.

#2666 27 days ago

Wow what cc do you have. I have been requested to provide proof that I sent back a $50 item before receiving chargeback meanwhile your doing a $550 chargeback and don’t expect them to ask questions

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GnarLee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside