I think the point of this thread which Harry raises (thank you Harry) is to identify how much this is happening, report it to JJ and hopefully come up with a JJ endorsed solution. If that is not possible then come up with a solution that will resolve it in the best way possible.
Here is what we know:
1. All posts without the small washers installed at factory are going to be sharp. You need to ask JJ for the small washers. They will send.
2. Many machines have ripples around posts. These are delaminated clear coat that may or may not chip away.
3. Removing posts to put on washers may cause ripple to chip as it did to mine.
4. Even those with metal washers on their ce installed have chipping, so it is NOT just due to these sharp posts alone.
5. Star posts will cause a larger indent so once you go to these posts there is no going back
6. Excessively thick washers may impact the sling performance.
7. Mylar underneath needs a flat surface. Mine did not adhere because the posts were driven into the surface. I believe repair may not be strong enough under posts. For Mylar to work, maybe can only be used under star posts.
8. Slings are too strong and causing excessive strain. Turn them down
I personally just installed the washers and went back to playing whilst I wait for JJ to reply. If it gets worse, I will install Mylar and star posts.
Please let’s all be nice.