(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,006 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinDeadHead
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 47 votes
    22%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 69 votes
    32%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 33 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 33 votes
    15%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 16 votes
    7%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 16 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 214 votes by 202 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg
272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
20200319_164738 (resized).jpg
AEF37959-C604-4A07-B193-2416A6A62929 (resized).jpeg
F10537D7-D970-4859-B5C9-CF482DF29BFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200320_103742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200320_101453 (resized).jpg
917EEAC5-4AC1-4204-BDA8-5497FFCB4BAC (resized).jpeg
83458836-4863-4833-8D88-F5A9E65F9517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3627 (resized).jpeg
20200127_171934 (resized).jpg
Shocked.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
potc2_5234 (resized).jpg
3FC99A16-7187-44B6-811B-16DD827ABC65 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 61.
#2301 4 years ago

B bye Jack. You had your chance to get it together. You had these issues Starting with WOZ and you fucked us. You kept selling games with issues. " Its a pinball machine, what do you want me to do". Isnt that what you told me? Now people are mad and you are losing money. I know you are reading this but you don't have the integrity to speak up. B Bye now. I bought my first NIB from you and you made it a terrible experience.

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ever play WoZ when half the lights don't work?

So on a machine like you describe you are saying I couldn’t replace the boards and have all the lights work again? How do you fix a bad PF with paint missing again? Right you don’t......

#2303 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

So on a machine like you describe you are saying I couldn’t replace the boards and have all the lights work again? How do you fix a bad PF with paint missing again? Right you don’t......

ding...ding...ding....dong.

#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

B bye Jack. You had your chance to get it together. You had these issues Starting with WOZ and you fucked us. You kept selling games with issues. "

This isn't true. Get your facts straight. We've had every JJP except Wonka so I've seen it personally. EARLY WoZ had playfield issues (with Bader playfields, BTW), and that was corrected. The majority of WoZ made (because they came after Bader was dumped) do not have playfield issues. Playfields were then FINE all the way through Hobbit until Dialed In when chipping reared its head, then the clear pooling became a thing with jjPotC. So for about 2 YEARS there were NO PROBLEMS with playfields until Mirco decided to change they way they were making perfectly acceptable playfields for some reason. WHY Mirco decided to change things that WORKED for no obvious reason is the great unknown.

#2305 4 years ago

Dont act in haste, its the *spotty cell service*.

I hear they now have Wi-Fi overseas. Hopefully Jack's phone has wi-fi calling capability.

#2306 4 years ago

Jack doesnt carry a sat phone? Pleb

#2307 4 years ago

Folks, I have been asked in numerous PM's sent to me... "What is the washer part number for the Slingshot Post Mod you used"?
Scott at Magical Productions, who produced the POTC kit with 6 Marco Star Posts and 6 washers was kind enough to reply back to me with where he obtained
the excellent Rubberized Post Washer. I believe these help to also minimize ball impacts better than hard teflon, as they are better shock absorbing. FWIW. - Murphy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L1IZL4A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

IMG_3783 (resized).JPGIMG_3783 (resized).JPG
#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Folks, I have been asked in numerous PM's sent to me... "What is the washer part number for the Slingshot Post Mod you used"?
Scott at Magical Productions, who produced the POTC kit with 6 Marco Star Posts and 6 washers was kind enough to reply back to me with where he obtained
the excellent Rubberized Post Washer. I believe these help to also minimize ball impacts better than hard teflon, as they are better shock absorbing. FWIW. - Murphy
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

You can get at Lowe’s or Home Depot too. I think its 2 for $1.

#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just picked up a NIB about 10 days ago. Late build but had the pooling look around the sling posts. I got the wife's hair dryer out today. I took the posts and plastics off, turned the hair dryer on low with heat and went to town. I used a credit card to help press and flatten the pooling back to flat. Worked each spot about 60-90 seconds. The heat applied was able to maneuver the clear and is once again flat, might have even helped with hardening. I reinstalled the posts, washers etc.... centering them absolutely perfect, not over cranking. So far so good, the pooling has not reappeared as of yet. I will report back in a week and let you know if it has held up.
p.S.… JJP, silence is NOT golden, and sending out bigger post to cover up... BRICKSHOT!! Not the way to handle this situation!

Progress has been made a little. I still dont have the big drop that was by the post but there is a slight lip that I had to use the back of my knife to feel. We will see how it progresses. Still way better than it was. I may repeat the process again this weekend.

#2310 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Progress has been made a little. I still dont have the big drop that was by the post but there is a slight lip that I had to use the back of my knife to feel. We will see how it progresses. Still way better than it was. I may repeat the process again this weekend.

Dual purpose pirate knife. Plunders and repairs.

#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Dual purpose pirate knife. Plunders and repairs.

Yup!

#2312 4 years ago

Some more information on the playfield issue. Mirco is experimenting with different clearcoats on Wonka. They are also making 12 more CE JJPOTC playfields, I assume as spares for customers. There is a supply of LE playfields left at JJP, no guarantee that more will be made with a different clearcoat. I also asked Ron Kruzman about clearcoating a JJPOTC playfield. He has done only one. Apparently he sands down the existing clear before applying his clearcoats. I forgot to ask about ink adherence. All this to say, I may just take a chance that they will make more with better clear in the future and get a backup at that point. It would be an option, although not cheap, to have a backup playfield with high quality clear by experts like Kruzman or Hutchins. Getting an uncleared playfield from Mirco isn't even an option and would get damaged in shipping without protection.

#2313 4 years ago

What is this solution for customers that is apparently going to be announced via podcast?

#2314 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is this solution for customers that is apparently going to be announced via podcast?

If it’s not populated PFs it’s not what is called for.....

#2315 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Some more information on the playfield issue. Mirco is experimenting with different clearcoats on Wonka. They are also making 12 more CE JJPOTC playfields, I assume as spares for customers. There is a supply of LE playfields left at JJP, no guarantee that more will be made with a different clearcoat. I also asked Ron Kruzman about clearcoating a JJPOTC playfield. He has done only one. Apparently he sands down the existing clear before applying his clearcoats. I forgot to ask about ink adherence. All this to say, I may just take a chance that they will make more with better clear in the future and get a backup at that point. It would be an option, although not cheap, to have a backup playfield with high quality clear by experts like Kruzman or Hutchins. Getting an uncleared playfield from Mirco isn't even an option and would get damaged in shipping without protection.

I'm with you. Unless jjp says the issue was insufficient cure time and we guarantee this replacement playfield will be ok now, I'm going to wait too until whatever the issue is is figured out and fixed before I consider buying a replacement (if they won't supply one free of charge or do more)

#2316 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

If it’s not populated PFs it’s not what is called for.....

Be prepared to be disappointed... I HIGHLY doubt you're going to see that for people with rippling. People with issues down to the wood perhaps but not with rippling alone...

Jeff

#2317 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Be prepared to be disappointed... I HIGHLY doubt you're going to see that for people with rippling. People with issues down to the wood perhaps but not with rippling alone...
Jeff

I don't condone or plan to do this - but I suspect if JJP went that route people would start poking at the rippling clear until it chipped

#2318 4 years ago

Yep if I was told that players with chipping were getting playfields and people with rippling were getting the shaft I would be inclined to do some major maintenance that required removing posts. Like for example I might need to wax the machine and with my OCD Ill pull stuff so I can get everything. Pretty sure ill have signifigant chipping as soon as I pull the posts again. As it stands now I installed the fix and I have rippling around some of the washers in the fix now.

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I don't condone or plan to do this - but I suspect if JJP went that route people would start poking at the rippling clear until it chipped

I was thinking the same thing. That will absolutely happen.

To solve the issue properly, JJP will have no choice but to take a huge hit on this. There's just no way around it.

The line should have stopped the moment the very first post sunk into the clearcoat. They allowed it to continue and they're going to pay the price for that terrible decision one way or another.

#2320 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Hopefully by then whatever solidification the clear is capable of doing will have established itself.

Doesn't matter. If you have a bad batch of clear it will still manifest itself. I moved my post on GOTG 18 months after it was built and pooling happened in new location.

#2321 4 years ago

Moral of the story, Mirco's process is flawed. Whatever clear coat accelerator, magical slime mixture they are using to rapidly get the playfields off the line is CLEARLY not working and needs improvement...this will fall on deaf ears anyhow.

So in other news, I love my Pirates!! So lucky I found one.

#2322 4 years ago

I would like to make a suggestion to all the POTC owners who have the pooling/chipping problem. I received my game NIB in January and totally love it. However I have noticed the pooling problem and did the post/washer replacement. As I placed the cliffys, I noticed a chip around the Tortuga hole. Am I bummed? Of course. Do I have any regrets buying it, never. It's too great of game for that. To be honest, I really don't think JJP is going to do anything about it because everyone is complaining about this on Pinside. When it came to fixing some things, JJP responded with such things as BP Opto protector, posts and washers and such. But we are talking about a major part of the game that even unpopulated is a lot of money and populated, a lot a lot a lot of money. I am going to follow HarryHoudini's example and write a letter sent registered mail to JJP with documentation of my game serial number, purchase date, photos of the damage and what I think is fair compensation for the damage. I hope any WW owners who are having the same problem do the same. This will give JJP proper notification of what the problem is and what they are facing from the owners of the game. It may be a small handful of owners or it may be numerous. It's way to difficult to determine accurately by going by the post here. What happens after that? Who knows. They may respond, or they may not. But at least you have documented it and officially notified them. Again, I love love love this game.

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This isn't true. Get your facts straight. We've had every JJP except Wonka so I've seen it personally. EARLY WoZ had playfield issues (with Bader playfields, BTW), and that was corrected. The majority of WoZ made (because they came after Bader was dumped) do not have playfield issues.

Corrected? Please explain. My recently sold SE wants to know if you mean those decals they sold me.

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I was thinking the same thing. That will absolutely happen.
To solve the issue properly, JJP will have no choice but to take a huge hit on this. There's just no way around it.
The line should have stopped the moment the very first post sunk into the clearcoat. They allowed it to continue and they're going to pay the price for that terrible decision one way or another.

That's one of the worst parts. THEY NOTICED IT and kept producing them. They noticed the sharp posts (which contributed but obviously isn't the only issue with the playfield) and they put washers under and DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING to anyone.

They spat in our faces.

#2325 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Where does this info come from? Mirco doesn't seem to share these kinds of things, similar to JJP.

#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Corrected? Please explain. My recently sold SE wants to know if you mean those decals they sold me.

Corrected as in they stopped using Bader. It happened very early in the process.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Corrected as in they stopped using Bader. It happened very early in the process.

Ok, so they corrected their use of using a bad playfield but didn't correct their mistake in leaving customers with those playfields. Because we're talking about in this thread is essentially the same argument. They shipped games with inferior playfields which didn't hold up to the standard a game of that value (or any value) should have (nor the standards JJP holds on their website) and left owners with those playfields. They even SOLD (sound familiar) a set of decals to cover up the wear.

I mean, come on... at least give them away. At the very, very least.

And the wear was much, much worse... at least, that we got to see. Unknown what will happen with POTC and Wonka

#2328 4 years ago

Ok, so they corrected their use of using a bad playfield but didn't correct their mistake in leaving customers with those playfields. Because we're talking about in this thread is essentially the same argument. They shipped games with inferior playfields which didn't hold up to the standard a game of that value (or any value) should have (nor the standards JJP holds on their website) and left owners with those playfields. They even SOLD (sound familiar) a set of decals to cover up the wear.
I mean, come on... at least give them away. At the very, very least.
And the wear was much, much worse... at least, that we got to see. Unknown what will happen with POTC and Wonka

No, they also offered half or more off playfields (some might have received them free, I'm not sure, but they were cheap) to those early WoZ buyers that had issues. It wasn't just stickers to cover the chips.

#2329 4 years ago

Ah, no one has ever mentioned that.. so same scenario, nothing has changed then except with WOZ they switched playfield manufacturers to solve it.

They should have continued to offer replacement playfields for every serial number affected. Seems like they stopped at some point, so I guess if you had a bad playfield and never knew about the offer (very likely, as we have seen) you get screwed at some point. Shouldn't be that way, for sure. How hard is it to print a few playfields with digital production, they still sell them.. so it's that their mistake was only a mistake for so long.

Clarifying, I didn't get offered a playfield and I had to pay for decals. Why? That's friggen shady. If you made a machine with a defect, stand by the fix. Forever. You owe the same thing to all owners of the game no matter which owner they are or how long it takes them to redeem it. In fact, they owe a post card to each owner or a call or an email to notify them of the affected issue. Sigh, such a flagrant foul.

#2330 4 years ago

Oh... who pays for the mylar on the replacement playfield? I guess I do... and shipping.

Probably just cut my own at this rate.

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Some more information on the playfield issue. Mirco is experimenting with different clearcoats on Wonka. .

Maybe someone Could call crapco and explain to him that the experimenting is something you do BEFORE you sell a functional finalized product, but maybe that's beyond his ability?

I just can"t understand why they use this joke of a manufacturer for wonka.

#2332 4 years ago

I ship playfields with just ink if a customer wants to do it themselves or send on to Ron. I wrap the playfield in brown paper, 2 layers to ink side. Same with clear coated playfields. Then it goes into double cardboard box. Same as CPR, I like to think I do a fraction of 1% of their huge parts business.

#2333 4 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I ship playfields with just ink if a customer wants to do it themselves or send on to Ron. I wrap the playfield in brown paper, 2 layers to ink side. Same with clear coated playfields. Then it goes into double cardboard box. Same as CPR, I like to think I do a fraction of 1% of their huge parts business.

Do you pound on the playfield at all before you send it? Like with fists?

#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, like how everyone forgave JJP and kept buying games after they gave WOZ owners all those lightning kits to fix their defective lightning... oh wait..
No, they still have to pay nearly $800 years and years later. I guess people do forget!

Don't forget!

1. The WOZ light board issue occured over 5+ years ago, it was on JJP's first game, and it occured on the most complex lighting system ever created for a pinball machine
2. JJP resolved the light board issue permanently with the 2.0 lighting system
3. WOZ's with 5.0v unbuffered light boards experienced issues early and JJP warrantied the boards for my customers
4. A vast majority of WOZ's with 5.0 buffered, 7.5v buffered / unbuffered boards have never had an issue in 5 + years (mine included with 7.5v boards)
5. JJP came up with the 2.0 light kit for WOZ owners and offered it at cost (how many companies would do something like that?)

JJP can get hammered for the playfield issues but I think they handled the WOZ light board issue very well. No one has to pay $800 for a 2.0 kit if they don't want to. As I said a vast majority of WOZ's with 5.0 buffered, 7.5v buffered / unbuffered boards have never had an issue in 5 + years.

#2335 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't forget!
JJP resolved the light board issue permanently with the 2.0 lighting system

I would suggest that is not the case, especially since I just bought 20 or so of the GI boards for my RR 2.0.

They figured out a way to make it work better, yes. You don't have to spend the money, no... but you do. One way or another your WOZ will need money spent on lighting boards especially if you don't have 2.0 boards. Pay for more "v1" boards to nurse your system along or the 2.0 boards and the weekend of work.

So again, JJP had a design flaw in their product. Maybe, if you were lucky, you had issues early on and they warrantied some boards. Now, you are gambling on them repairing those boards for 50% (but you don't know until they get them). But the owners still pay for that design flaw, once again. They seem to be the masters of 50% off.

#2336 4 years ago

I just put in a support ticket for my pooling. Figured I should make them aware/document it before it gets worse. From the looks of it, doubtful they will do anything but can't complain if I don't file a ticket...

#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't forget!
1. The WOZ light board issue occured over 5+ years ago, it was on JJP's first game, and it occured on the most complex lighting system ever created for a pinball machine
2. JJP resolved the light board issue permanently with the 2.0 lighting system
3. WOZ's with 5.0v unbuffered light boards experienced issues early and JJP warrantied the boards for my customers
4. A vast majority of WOZ's with 5.0 buffered, 7.5v buffered / unbuffered boards have never had an issue in 5 + years (mine included with 7.5v boards)
5. JJP came up with the 2.0 light kit for WOZ owners and offered it at cost (how many companies would do something like that?)
JJP can get hammered for the playfield issues but I think they handled the WOZ light board issue very well. No one has to pay $800 for a 2.0 kit if they don't want to. As I said a vast majority of WOZ's with 5.0 buffered, 7.5v buffered / unbuffered boards have never had an issue in 5 + years.

Yes they offer a $800 kit many years later.. and how much drama and pain did JJP drag customers through when it refused to replace boards except AFTER them failing? And after MULTIPLE designs that were better, but not solid until the 2.0 design. They had a known bad design and would not bulk replace them. And years later, their solution was to sell a kit that customers could install themselves..

Point being, the argument that people will hold JJP at gunpoint unless people get full swaps just doesn't hold water. JJP dragged all their customers through the mud with WoZ lighting and people don't care anymore.

#2338 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes they offer a $800 kit many years later.. and how much drama and pain did JJP drag customers through when it refused to replace boards except AFTER them failing? And after MULTIPLE designs that were better, but not solid until the 2.0 design. They had a known bad design and would not bulk replace them. And years later, their solution was to sell a kit that customers could install themselves..
Point being, the argument that people will hold JJP at gunpoint unless people get full swaps just doesn't hold water. JJP dragged all their customers through the mud with WoZ lighting and people don't care anymore.

Enough is enough.

#2339 4 years ago

I would suggest that is not the case, especially since I just bought 20 or so of the GI boards for my RR 2.0.
They figured out a way to make it work better, yes. You don't have to spend the money, no... but you do. One way or another your WOZ will need money spent on lighting boards especially if you don't have 2.0 boards. Pay for more "v1" boards to nurse your system along or the 2.0 boards and the weekend of work.
So again, JJP had a design flaw in their product. Maybe, if you were lucky, you had issues early on and they warrantied some boards. Now, you are gambling on them repairing those boards for 50% (but you don't know until they get them). But the owners still pay for that design flaw, once again. They seem to be the masters of 50% off.

I'm confused. Are you saying your RR with a 2.0 lighting system had TWENTY GI boards out? Or that the "2.0" WoZ RR with the 1.x buffered lighting system had boards out?

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm confused. Are you saying your RR with a 2.0 lighting system had TWENTY GI boards out? Or that the "2.0" WoZ RR with the 1.x buffered lighting system had boards out?

RR with 2.0 factory system came to me used (I think '17 build date) and had 5 GI boards that were bad (wrong colors, flickering) and another 10+ that were the wrong hue. In white test mode they would be pink. Some were considerably dimmer than the others. I saved all the old boards, offered to send them to Frank if they wanted to see them since they claimed the system was so bulletproof. I mean, $5 each isn't a big deal but I just spent $100 on boards that shouldn't need to be replaced so quickly, or so I thought. I have videos and pictures...

#2341 4 years ago

Where does this info come from? Mirco doesn't seem to share these kinds of things, similar to JJP.

I called to ask about another playfield and was encouraged they are working on it, hope things get fixed!

#2342 4 years ago

I love how they disseminate information.

#2343 4 years ago

RR with 2.0 factory system came to me used (I think '17 build date) and had 5 GI boards that were bad (wrong colors, flickering) and another 10+ that were the wrong hue. In white test mode they would be pink. Some were considerably dimmer than the others. I saved all the old boards, offered to send them to Frank if they wanted to see them since they claimed the system was so bulletproof. I mean, $5 each isn't a big deal but I just spent $100 on boards that shouldn't need to be replaced so quickly, or so I thought. I have videos and pictures...

Wow, that's literally the only incident I've heard of with more than 1 or 2 boards going bad on a 2.0 system - but it's 10x more! I wonder if maybe a bad power supply was blowing them out (or under-powering them?) on the route and the power supply didn't get fixed until later. The WoZ we have out is on 24/7 which usually shows up problems (like the WoZ lockup or the Iron Maiden lockup) that home users don't see and the 2.0 system has been rock solid in it since it was installed.

#2344 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that's literally the only incident I've heard of with more than 1 or 2 boards going bad on a 2.0 system - but it's 10x more! I wonder if maybe a bad power supply was blowing them out (or under-powering them?) on the route and the power supply didn't get fixed until later. The WoZ we have out is on 24/7 which usually shows up problems (like the WoZ lockup or the Iron Maiden lockup) that home users don't see and the 2.0 system has been rock solid in it since it was installed.

Yeah, that's the sentiment I get from JJP and a few others who posted. I must just be lucky

Why do you keep them on 24x7?

PO didn't mention anything about power supply, but mentioned and included other JJP parts that were breaking often. The pop bumper trees for some reason seem to break off the studs to the pop rings and also crack around the nuts holding the trees on. Never had that happen on my SE, coils are turned all the way down. The threads sheer off. Weird.

My Crystal Ball screen also went out.. couldn't replace it myself, JJP won't give the code needed to run it. Had to buy from them.

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

You're a great person to ask this question too because you DO THIS type of work. Ink adherance issues. Why would this be happening and how do you fix this? Is it the quality/brand of ink or? And believe me, I wish like hell these manufacturers would offer a custom shop option. JJP sends a bare inked playfield to Kruzman or HEP or whomever else of your choosing to do the clear. Kruzman has proven that dimples aren't "normal" and that quality clear does exist and is absolutely obtainable. He would get my business every single time. However I can absolutely see theyd have to train the assembly people not to go hulk mode either.

#2346 4 years ago

Yeah, that's the sentiment I get from JJP and a few others who posted. I must just be lucky
Why do you keep them on 24x7?

They're 24/7 locations, down for like a few hours in the wee morning, so we just leave them on.

PO didn't mention anything about power supply, but mentioned and included other JJP parts that were breaking often. The pop bumper trees for some reason seem to break off the studs to the pop rings and also crack around the nuts holding the trees on. Never had that happen on my SE, coils are turned all the way down. The threads sheer off. Weird.
My Crystal Ball screen also went out.. couldn't replace it myself, JJP won't give the code needed to run it. Had to buy from them.

Having installed the 2.0, the power supply was the obvious weak point, so that's why I thought of that first as a potential point of uncharacteristic, massive board failure if it was putting out too much or too little power (out of spec).

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're 24/7 locations, down for like a few hours in the wee morning, so we just leave them on.

Carazy! I don't know any 24/7 pinball places.

#2348 4 years ago

Carazy! I don't know any 24/7 pinball places.

It's not a pinball place specifically, but a bar/restaurant combo. Truck stops are also 24/7, but equipment gets destroyed at those.

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Truck stops are also 24/7, but equipment gets destroyed at those.

Can you imagine a Truck Driver that has just driven 6 hours or so on the highway putting up with the idiots we have on the road these days - walking into a truck stop to play Pinball? Whew! You're exactly right... it would be destroyed! LOL.

#2350 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Can you imagine a Truck Driver that has just driven 6 hours or so on the highway putting up with the idiots we have on the road these days - walking into a truck stop to play Pinball? Whew! You're exactly right... it would be destroyed! LOL.

I don't have to imagine, I've SEEN it. The operator I help now USED to have machines at a truck stop - not anymore. They are massively abused, not just by truck drivers, but homeless people that try to break into them since the game room at a truck stop is a low-supervision area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/page/47?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.