(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,006 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinDeadHead
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 47 votes
    22%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 69 votes
    32%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 33 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 33 votes
    15%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 16 votes
    7%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 16 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 214 votes by 202 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg
272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
20200319_164738 (resized).jpg
AEF37959-C604-4A07-B193-2416A6A62929 (resized).jpeg
F10537D7-D970-4859-B5C9-CF482DF29BFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200320_103742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200320_101453 (resized).jpg
917EEAC5-4AC1-4204-BDA8-5497FFCB4BAC (resized).jpeg
83458836-4863-4833-8D88-F5A9E65F9517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3627 (resized).jpeg
20200127_171934 (resized).jpg
Shocked.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
potc2_5234 (resized).jpg
3FC99A16-7187-44B6-811B-16DD827ABC65 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 61.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Full disclosure: checked your location expecting to see Colorado.

MA is legal and so is WA.

#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I have to hedge my bets.

Yep, unfortunately that's the way I felt also. There was self loathing as I felt that way and I hated that I was coming to that decision but my rationale at the time was that JJP is looking sooooooooooo very unlikely to do the right thing and respond or do anything to provide support on the issue, so I might as well get it so I can do a full swap if my current playfield continues to get worse. Unfortunately it's just kind of my personality to be a bit risk averse. However, that same trait is going to keep me from buying another machine from them. But they still need to start feeling obligated to give reasonable support on the machine I did buy from them.

Buying the playfield doesn't prevent JJP from choosing to step up and do something (ANYTHING) to at least pretend to act like a company that cares about it's customers. For me the playfield purchase was a reflection of my lack of confidence in them to stand behind their product. I'm crossing my fingers that they change their attitude, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

I don't go to the pinball shows/expos/conferences, but if I did I'd definitely be tempted to get a T-shirt printed that only had the letters JJP on it inside a circle with a slash through it to wear in front of their display area.

#1803 4 years ago

MA is legal and so is WA.

I have 4 dispensaries within a 20 minute drive from my residence. FULL disclosure

#1804 4 years ago

"Jane & Leonard Albess Foundation" harryhoudini that "l" needs removed.

"We strongly request that you make public and announce any further decisions made in this matter so the wider ownership of this machine are notified and able to also receive the same remediation active community participants obtain.

Should you fail to respond to us in a timely manner we are prepared to take further action to share the continued issues we have had with this game and JJP’s non-response with a wider audience. You can direct your response to [email protected] or directly post in the JJP sub-forum on pinside."

Feels way too threatening for my tastes. I don't see how they can interpret the "tone" specifically here, maybe other parts as well, as either intending direct harm towards their brand, or the threat that if conditions aren't met, there will be a larger swathe of widespread discussion past a pinside thread that could equate to legal action or libel.

I really don't know what they might assume or what the final intent might be from this letter.

I guess if I want peace, i.e. continued business with JJP, this is not the road I wish to take. Unless I do, I also don't like the "Some have indicated they would not be comfortable doing this and so their support is uncounted here, but know there are many more." as I don't wish to be inferred of supporting this statement. I'd rather my discussions regarding serious deliberation of my specific issue, as in it's outcome, directly be with JJP.

As I've said several times, if I'm not satisfied with those attempts, I just don't need another of their products. One will be more than enough, for me, sadly.

I don't feel any of this situation will change at all. At this point, voting with my dollars, feels the only way change might occur.

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

"Jane & Leonard Albess Foundation" harryhoudini that "l" needs removed.
"We strongly request that you make public and announce any further decisions made in this matter so the wider ownership of this machine are notified and able to also receive the same remediation active community participants obtain.
Should you fail to respond to us in a timely manner we are prepared to take further action to share the continued issues we have had with this game and JJP’s non-response with a wider audience. You can direct your response to [email protected] or directly post in the JJP sub-forum on pinside."
Feels way too threatening for my tastes. I don't see how they can interpret the "tone" specifically here, maybe other parts as well, as either intending direct harm towards their brand, or the threat that if conditions aren't met, there will be a larger swathe of widespread discussion past a pinside thread that could equate to legal action or libel.
I really don't know what they might assume or what the final intent might be from this letter.
I guess if I want peace, i.e. continued business with JJP, this is not the road I wish to take. Unless I do, I also don't like the "Some have indicated they would not be comfortable doing this and so their support is uncounted here, but know there are many more." as I don't wish to be inferred of supporting this statement. I'd rather my discussions regarding serious deliberation of my specific issue, as in it's outcome, directly be with JJP.
As I've said several times, if I'm not satisfied with those attempts, I just don't need another of their products. One will be more than enough, for me, sadly.
I don't feel any of this situation will change at all. At this point, voting with my dollars, feels the only way change might occur.

I'll make changes if you want to sign the letter. Otherwise, those who have chosen to sign can suggest whatever they want and I'll incorporate their sentiments. I think the threat to "share information" couldn't be weaker. Should I tell them instead that we'll call them naughty names?

What's JJP going to do? Not sell you a game? Can you not get a game any other way? Can you not have someone else order parts for you if in some weird world they ban you from getting parts? WHAT DOES JJP HOLD OVER YOUR HEAD?! WE ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS, THEIR BUSINESS DEPENDS ON OUR INTEREST IN THEIR PRODUCTS AND BELIEF IN THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT. I don't know how clear I could be. What kind of tip toe bullshiz are you trying to do here?

The "L" was removed in the private version I have with owner names/addresses. Thanks for noticing.

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don't go to the pinball shows/expos/conferences, but if I did I'd definitely be tempted to get a T-shirt printed that only had the letters JJP on it inside a circle with a slash through it to wear in front of their display area.

... and on the back of the t-shirt it could say

Just
Junky
Playfields

And there could be a picture of my I-lane post chip on both the front and back.

#1807 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just
Junky
Playfields

I think you're a nice and thoughtful person, from the brief interactions we've had, and how you've discussed your points here.

I'd rather hear about you directly speaking to any and every representative of JJP if you saw them at a convention, and tell them how vexing and disappointing this experience has been for you. You seem a sincere and caring person, and I feel that approach would better suit how you've expressed yourself here, as well as transfer your message in a way more likely to be heard and weighed, than dismissed and ignored.

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think you're a nice and thoughtful person, from the brief interactions we've had, and how you've discussed your points here.
I'd rather hear about you directly speaking to any and every representative of JJP if you saw them at a convention, and tell them how vexing and disappointing this experience has been for you. You seem a sincere and caring person, and I feel that approach would better suit how you've expressed yourself here, as well as transfer your message in a way more likely to be heard and weighed, than dismissed and ignored.

Agreed. That was just venting and not something I'd actually do.

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Agreed. That was just venting and not something I'd actually do.

Venting is good. We've all done a lot of it here, and it's helped some, I hope.

I do recommend heading to a show sometime, and trying to have a chat. For what it's worth.

#1810 4 years ago

I'll make changes if you want to sign the letter. Otherwise, those who have chosen to sign can suggest whatever they want and I'll incorporate their sentiments. I think the threat to "share information" couldn't be weaker. Should I tell them instead that we'll call them naughty names?
What's JJP going to do? Not sell you a game? Can you not get a game any other way? Can you not have someone else order parts for you if in some weird world they ban you from getting parts? WHAT DOES JJP HOLD OVER YOUR HEAD?! WE ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS, THEIR BUSINESS DEPENDS ON OUR INTEREST IN THEIR PRODUCTS AND BELIEF IN THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT. I don't know how clear I could be. What kind of tip toe bullshiz are you trying to do here?
The "L" was removed in the private version I have with owner names/addresses. Thanks for noticing.

Well, I read your post on the drive home from work, and mulled over my thoughts.

I guess for me, Jersey Jack Pinball has been a bit of a fantasy for me, since I first saw the Wizard of Oz and Dialed In, a year and a half ago in person.

Seeing those games, the wonders that they are, helped distract me from my current situation in life. Most of my friends for decades moved onward with families. Women and dating, never bore the fruit/s I'd hoped it would. Career choices never panned out the way I'd like them to have grown. Belief systems, whether religious or ethical, became obsolete and weighed down by life experience. Media, has felt retread, not refreshed, and ultimately repetitive. Family has gotten older, passed on, and even my two cats are becoming senior in age.

Fantasy was necessary. And Jersey Jack Pinball seemed to represent a sidestep from all those saddening aspects of life, in a way that felt magical, fresh, and called back to younger years where pinball thrived, was inventive, and playful.

This past year though, has seen the curtains of that fantasy fall ever downward. The Wizard exposed. The clouds a bit grayer where sun once shined.

From reading seriously on this game for months prior, then ownership, the reality of Jersey Jack Pinball, of pinball in general, has left me feeling more saddened than reality removed.

I feel at this point, personally I have three options in moving forward with my game, my Jersey Jack Pinball experience.

First, acceptance. Realizing and accepting the damage already done, and most likely more to come, and coming to just feel that's the way things will be with this game, or any other future game I'd fathom purchasing from them.

Another option is more contact, more frustration, more telephone calls and emails to JJP and Automated, and fighting more for what I feel I deserve as a customer, and most likely not getting that recognition.

Lastly, would be signing this letter. And for me, I feel that would be the final cutting stroke of this bond. A severance from buyer to manufacturer. A final cut, a line drawn, a flag waved, a cannon fired. There would be no going back for me, in my mind. The bond of good faith, from buyer to seller, seller to buyer, unabated, would be gone forever onward.

So that is where I'm at. Every avenue feels as if the dream of Jersey Jack Pinball is near death. The fantasy, now made reality. The distraction from the pain and rigors of my daily world, now a bit more inescapable than they were a year prior.

That, is why I am reluctant to sign.

I know the dream has been wounded, and is fading ever so quickly, but for me, signing a letter in this manner, one calculated and clinical versus from my own mind and heart, would only serve to severe a tie that I'm not quite ready to have die. Not just yet.

I do feel it will, but I'd rather have that death of fantasy, come directly from my own mouth, my own words, my own intent.

I do appreciate your efforts in all of this, and I do wish you the outcome you so desire, but for me, I must forge my own path, have my own fantasy come to it's end by my own voice.

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Well, I read your post on the drive home from work, and mulled over my thoughts.
I guess for me, Jersey Jack Pinball has been a bit of a fantasy for me, since I first saw the Wizard of Oz and Dialed In, a year and a half ago in person.
Seeing those games, the wonders that they are, helped distract me from my current situation in life. Most of my friends for decades moved onward with families. Women and dating, never bore the fruit/s I'd hoped it would. Career choices never panned out the way I'd like them to have grown. Belief systems, whether religious or ethical, became obsolete and weighed down by life experience. Media, has felt retread, not refreshed, and ultimately repetitive. Family has gotten older, passed on, and even my two cats are becoming senior in age.
Fantasy was necessary. And Jersey Jack Pinball seemed to represent a sidestep from all those saddening aspects of life, in a way that felt magical, fresh, and called back to younger years where pinball thrived, was inventive, and playful.
This past year though, has seen the curtains of that fantasy fall ever downward. The Wizard exposed. The clouds a bit grayer where sun once shined.
From reading seriously on this game for months prior, then ownership, the reality of Jersey Jack Pinball, of pinball in general, has left me feeling more saddened than reality removed.
I feel at this point, personally I have three options in moving forward with my game, my Jersey Jack Pinball experience.
First, acceptance. Realizing and accepting the damage already done, and most likely more to come, and coming to just feel that's the way things will be with this game, or any other future game I'd fathom purchasing from them.
Another option is more contact, more frustration, more telephone calls and emails to JJP and Automated, and fighting more for what I feel I deserve as a customer, and most likely not getting that recognition.
Lastly, would be signing this letter. And for me, I feel that would be the final cutting stroke of this bond. A severance from buyer to manufacturer. A final cut, a line drawn, a flag waved, a cannon fired. There would be no going back for me, in my mind. The bond of good faith, from buyer to seller, seller to buyer, unabated, would be gone forever onward.
So that is where I'm at. Every avenue feels as if the dream of Jersey Jack Pinball is near death. The fantasy, now made reality. The distraction from the pain and rigors of my daily world, now a bit more inescapable than they were a year prior.
I know the dream has been wounded, and is fading ever so quickly, but for me, signing a letter in this manner, one calculated and clinical versus from my own mind and heart, would only serve to severe a tie that I'm not quite ready to have die. Not just yet.
I do feel it will, but I'd rather have that death of fantasy, come directly from my own mouth, my own words, my own intent.
I do appreciate your efforts in all of this, and I do wish you the outcome you so desire, but for me, I must forge my own path, have my own fantasy come to it's end by my own voice.

Man, you made me all teary. I hate that. Going to go give my 2 cats a big hug. All the best with it Wes, I think you’re a good person.

Don’t mind Harry, he’s just getting fed up and a bit overwhelmed. He is a good person too.

#1812 4 years ago

Please just see this as a challenge to be overcome. Don’t let it break you. The sun still shines. And there is always pinside, which can be given a hiatus. Don’t let it get you down.

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I must forge my own path, have my own fantasy come to it's end by my own voice.

Don't allow a little playfield wear to destroy your fantasty... JJP pins are a beacon of light among $25k diamond Beatle games...

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

And I've been clinically depressed for many years, in bed for a portion of that. WoZ had the same effect on me. It sucks what life weighs us down with. I'm sorry for your trials and tribulations. **AND I'm sorry if I was extra harsh, we've had a lot of private conversations on this. This situation shouldn't tarnish our love for these games. Michael Jackson's music isn't any less amazing. Louie's old jokes still are funny.

I'm not prodding you further to sign, just don't think your voice can be heard and affect this effort of you won't join. I just can't imagine what real world negative effects this innocuous letter, which will get ignored, will have on any of us. This company can not hold us hostage.

#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Don't allow a little playfield wear to destroy your fantasty... JJP pins are a beacon of light among $25k diamond Beatle games...

And I still want a wonka. Someone help me please.

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Agree with those sentiments in the first paragraph whole heartedly.

For the second, just a side note there were no jjp representatives at our show.

#1817 4 years ago

If everyone who told me they were somehow afraid of signing would sign, man.. It'd be crazy. And it's sad the many people won't because somehow they are getting taken care of. Would you all have signed that stern petition?

#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Man, you made me all teary. I hate that. Going to go give my 2 cats a big hug. All the best with it Wes, I think you’re a good person.
Don’t mind Harry, he’s just getting fed up and a bit overwhelmed. He is a good person too.

You're a decent heart on your sleeve kinda guy gumnut. You're passionate, forthright, and open about in how you present yourself. I can genuinely appreciate that.

I have no hard feelings towards anyone here. Everyone is their own person, and I can find value in that, whether I agree or disagree with their thoughts or views. Ideally anyway.

You should definitely hug your cats, or leave em' do cat things, whichever makes them and you happy. Cats are the best, though mine I feel mock me as I go off to work, and they sleep....more!

If you ever make it to the States, I wanna by you a beer, or whatever suits your fancy.

Quoted from Reznnate:

That is a very, very valid point. I guess I just feel, as much as JJP might have failed me, I feel I've failed them in being cross, speaking my mind in unflattering ways and such. Like not only have they failed my dream, but I betrayed it in turn.

Humans. We suck a good bit.

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You're a decent heart on your sleeve kinda guy gumnut. You're passionate, forthright, and open about in how you present yourself. I can genuinely appreciate that.
I have no hard feelings towards anyone here. Everyone is their own person, and I can find value in that, whether I agree or disagree with their thoughts or views. Ideally anyway.
You should definitely hug your cats, or leave em' do cat things, whichever makes them and you happy. Cats are the best, though mine I feel mock me as I go off to work, and they sleep....more!
If you ever make it to the States, I wanna by you a beer, or whatever suits your fancy.

That is a very, very valid point. I guess I just feel, as much as JJP might have failed me, I feel I've failed them in being cross, speaking my mind in unflattering ways and such. Like not only have they failed my dream, but I betrayed it in turn.

Likewise in Oz brother!

I have been working on this will share in the correct thread. Just want to share something cheerful about the game. Part cost me less than $10, just needs some tinkering with upper deck.

It will look awesome above Harry’s BP mod.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Likewise in Oz brother!
I have been working on this will share in the correct thread. Just want to share something cheerful about the game. Part cost me less than $10, just needs some tinkering with upper deck.
It will look awesome above Harry’s BP mod.[quoted image]

NICE! I am waiting patiently for your mods.

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I guess I just feel, as much as JJP might have failed me, I feel I've failed them in being cross, speaking my mind in unflattering ways and such. Like not only have they failed my dream, but I betrayed it in turn.

Yep, it’s not fun or enjoyable at all to discuss things in a negative way. This is my first time (and I certainly hope my last time) posting any sort of a negative review online about anything, and I didn’t like doing it and I don’t like that the circumstances were such that I felt like it was a good idea to do it.

I still think there are way more good people than bad, and way more good businesses than bad ones. JJP broke the trust with me by not communicating at all. Not by having a quality issue. By not communicating at all when I’ve asked for their advice. Silence, no response. Now it’s just time for me to walk out the JJP door and see if another pinball company can do even just a little bit better.

#1822 4 years ago

If everyone who told me they were somehow afraid of signing would sign, man.. It'd be crazy. And it's sad the many people won't because somehow they are getting taken care of. Would you all have signed that stern petition?

For me it’s just my personality that I’m not a petition or a let’s all band together person. Fear of JJP is definitely not in the equation for me. Just my personality and my approach to things. Sometimes that’s good, sometimes that’s bad, but it’s just me.

Right or wrong, I guess my thinking is I want to do business with a company that does things for the right reasons, not just when they feel backed into a corner. For me, even if JJP responds to the letter as they should it wouldn’t change my feeling about them because I feel they should have chosen to communicate earlier.

#1823 4 years ago

I guess I’m more a black and white logical thinker. I personally love JJP games. But I have no allegiance to the company. What they have done and are doing is wrong so I’ll be signing. It’s a business decision for me not s personal decision.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I guess I’m more a black and white logical thinker. I personally love JJP games. But I have no allegiance to the company. What they have done and are doing is wrong so I’ll be signing. It’s a business decision for me not s personal decision.

It's funny, I know, but I feel the opposite. I love this hobby and I appreciate the innovation JJP brings (and the risks they take). I LOVE their games. I want JJP to be successful long term, and I'm prepared to help support them. But of course, I'd rather buy high-quality, expensive games without issues versus buying expensive replacement parts.

#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

It's funny, I know, but I feel the opposite. I love this hobby and I appreciate the innovation JJP brings (and the risks they take). I LOVE their games. I want JJP to be successful long term, and I'm prepared to help support them. But of course, I'd rather buy high-quality, expensive games without issues versus buying expensive replacement parts.

I do think we are trending up in that regard. Wonka worked out of the box perfect for me and (I believe) for most. I haven't heard many OOTB mechanical issues.

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I do think we are trending up in that regard. Wonka came out of the box perfect for me and (I believe) for most. I haven't heard many complaints or issues.

Here's a pic from the other thread about a different issue. However if you look *real* close you'll see the clear puddling around the base of those two posts. Once again it looks like they were not cured fully before they put them into production. Hard to believe only a few PF's would show this out of the entire lot. Could you post a close up of your PF where some of those skinny posts are located?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Here's a pic from the other thread about a different issue. However if you look *real* close you'll see the clear puddling around the base of those two posts. Once again it looks like they were not cured fully before they put them into production. Hard to believe only a few PF's would show this out of the entire lot. Could you post a close up of your PF where some of those skinny posts are located?[quoted image]

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring to them coming out of the box -mechanically- better. Mine worked without a single tweak OOTB which has been the case for most people based on the low volume of tech threads on Wonka.

I wasn't speaking to the playfields, which is admittedly dumb in a playfield complaint thread.

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Here's a pic from the other thread about a different issue. However if you look *real* close you'll see the clear puddling around the base of those two posts. Once again it looks like they were not cured fully before they put them into production. Hard to believe only a few PF's would show this out of the entire lot. Could you post a close up of your PF where some of those skinny posts are located?

Going to need a better picture. I can't see anything even when looking *real* close.

I hope to get to the SE at pinball lounge in the next couple of weeks and am going to take a flashlight for a close inspection when I go to play.

Were there any signs of the horrible knife-edge posts on your WW?

Thanks,
Mike

#1829 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Going to need a better picture. I can't see anything even when looking *real* close.
I hope to get to the SE at pinball lounge in the next couple of weeks and am going to take a flashlight for a close inspection when I go to play.
Were there any signs of the horrible knife-edge posts on your WW?
Thanks,
Mike

Yeah it's more noticeable on the outlane post to the left. That "ring" around the bottom is actually the CC. It's not my machine but it was just posted in another WW thread. I'm not an owner but am interested in how many machines seem to have this issue.

Hopefully not many but if all the PF's are done at the same time.... hmmm? Dunno.

#1830 4 years ago

I'm also very interested. I want a wonka.

Who do I advertise today?

0725191110 (resized).jpg0725191110 (resized).jpg
#1831 4 years ago

Who do I advertise today?[quoted image]

Whoever pays you the most.

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Whoever pays you the most.

I think the Stern shirt cost me the most. Does that help?

#1833 4 years ago

I think the Stern shirt cost me the most. Does that help?

It helps Stern.

#1834 4 years ago

Since I wrangled this in to the topic, here's a peek at our Rock Outcropping. Still printing and tweaking, but I think the time will be well worth it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-the-depths-rock-outcropping-in-design#post-5114890

#1835 4 years ago

Who do I advertise today?[quoted image]

20190725_223754 (resized).jpg20190725_223754 (resized).jpg
#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

It doesn't look like my cut, but I'll take one. Womens 4X please.

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Ain’t that the truth. Haha I remember stern had a dedicated media guy for a while, Jared I think. He was literally run off in 9 months from customers badgering him, some legit, but mostly trivial BS. It’s a nice thought, but manufacturers realized a while ago responding on these forums would basically require a masochist...

Actually, I have worked for Stern for more than 4 years now and still retain my position. I manage all of Sterns social media channels and content. I was once a very active Pinside member, before I joined the industry.

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Actually, I have worked for Stern for more than 4 years now and still retain my position. I manage all of Sterns social media channels and content. I was once a very active Pinside member, before I joined the industry.

Don't know how.

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Sorry, didn’t mean to imply you had left stern, but meant people badgered you with issues and problems that you weren’t responsible for. It made me realize how difficult it was for a manufacturer to be on social media, and seemed like it was nearly impossible to satisfy everyone.

#1840 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just
Junky
Playfields

I want one

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Wow, your life sounds like mine. If someone told me I was going to die tomorrow I wouldn't give a shit.

#1842 4 years ago

Certified mail is being sent out today to 5 addresses, 4 individuals and one LLC. All those who asked to sign are included, around 10 people. Any response will be posted here.

#1843 4 years ago

Certified mail is being sent out today to 5 addresses, 4 individuals and one LLC. All those who asked to sign are included, around 10 people. Any response will be posted here.

Aaaand nothing will happen, but it never hurts to try. Sue his ass.

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Aaaand nothing will happen, but it never hurts to try. Sue his ass.

There is no point in suing. And it'd be the corporation. And it'd be in NJ and I don't live in NJ. And no one wants to stand up except like 10 people who signed the letter. And I'm done putting in my time and effort. I did all I said I was going to do.

Got a reply from my playfield request case that it was "being sent to management for approval" ...

Anyone get any information on playfield stock? I'm hearing that there may not be any and it may be months of delays to get more from Mirco. If this is the case, why still go with Mirco? Maybe they'll be better, lol.

#1845 4 years ago

Anyone get any information on playfield stock? I'm hearing that there may not be any and it may be months of delays to get more from Mirco. If this is the case

Perhaps, oh, I don't know, to let the clear coat cure some more?

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Perhaps, oh, I don't know, to let the clear coat cure some more?

Novel idea.

#1847 4 years ago

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if all this was due to rushing things into production without enough cure time.

I remember seeing a Stern factory video with racks of playfields stored flat, waiting for their cure date.

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if all this was due to rushing things into production without enough cure time.
I remember seeing a Stern factory video with racks of playfields stored flat, waiting for their cure date.

I don't know what kind of speed Mirco can produce with, but I gotta imagine these came a pretty slow delivery method from Germany. This sort of makes sense that some people have problems and others don't (maybe some cured for a while and others went right in to a machine). I don't remember if we ever were able to know if one grouping of playfield numbers were different. I noticed my playfield is 000029 or something 29 the other day. At least we all have the option now to let the playfields sit, like has been suggested, to see if that solves it (plus using non-defective posts, less pressure).

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There always seems to be a rush in pinball now. Which is weird, given it had a solid decade of being dormant, sans major competition.

#1850 4 years ago

Well, now my star post are bubbling. Time for some neoprene. Will probably grab the official ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.