(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,006 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinDeadHead
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 47 votes
    22%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 69 votes
    32%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 33 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 33 votes
    15%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 16 votes
    7%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 16 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 214 votes by 202 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg
272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
20200319_164738 (resized).jpg
AEF37959-C604-4A07-B193-2416A6A62929 (resized).jpeg
F10537D7-D970-4859-B5C9-CF482DF29BFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200320_103742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200320_101453 (resized).jpg
917EEAC5-4AC1-4204-BDA8-5497FFCB4BAC (resized).jpeg
83458836-4863-4833-8D88-F5A9E65F9517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3627 (resized).jpeg
20200127_171934 (resized).jpg
Shocked.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
potc2_5234 (resized).jpg
3FC99A16-7187-44B6-811B-16DD827ABC65 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 61.
#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Seriously let it go. People are allowed to be disappointed with the way the play field situation has been handled. Give it a rest already.

I am, I have, and honestly I apologize to everyone on the thread.

These machines do represent substantial investments for all of us.
The chipping is real, and it sucks for everyone involved (including the manufacturers.)

I was able to get over it since mine was hideable with star posts, but others might not be so lucky if their damage is worse.

My initial goal with my protests was to try and encourage a spirit of compromise. I'm sorry that I've strayed from that.

I do hope the issues are resolved in a way that bring everyone peace and enjoyment with their machines.

#1752 4 years ago

Thought about the situation a bit, and here's what I feel would be fair to all parties involved.

In an attempt to be transparent, JJP acknowledges and addresses whatever the issues might have been publicly, whether it's employee training, poor end line quality control checks, Mirco sending either low level or poorly manufactured playfields, or a combination of all of the above.

At that point customers within one year of ownership, present photos of damage, and within those photos, price points for a new playfield are determined.

Let's say three tiers.

Tier 1: Beginning of/definable ripples on any posts of apparatus on the playfield.

$300, and shipped for free.

Tier 2: Chipped areas around posts or any apparatus on the playfield.

$200, and shipped for free.

Tier 3: Ripples, chips, tears, damage past and including tier 1.

$0, and shipped for free.

Assuming $550 is the baseline of cost for JJP, if not even a bit lower, and the customer would already be responsible for swapping the playfield entirely, I feel this tier structure would be more than fair to JJP.

None of us with damage, wish JJP ill will, financial loss, or any other damage. We also don't want damage to our own games within such a brief period of ownership, and I feel a transparent statement, and offer, would do a great deal of goodwill for all involved.

Thoughts?

#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The chipping is real, and it sucks for everyone involved (including the manufacturers.)
I was able to get over it since mine was hideable with star posts, but others might not be so lucky if their damage is worse.
My initial goal with my protests was to try and encourage a spirit of compromise. I'm sorry that I've strayed from that.
I do hope the issues are resolved in a way that bring everyone peace and enjoyment with their machines.

Thanks for that. I am not retentive or uptight at all about my machines...and it bothers me that I have to perform minor fixes to get it 100% out of the box...and that I can look forward to PF degeneration of various types in the future.

This whole serious of events re: the PotC PF debacle just baffles me. A terrible example of lack of accountability and (from what I've read) terrible customer service and terrible customer relations on the part of JJP.

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Seriously let it go. People are allowed to be disappointed with the way the play field situation has been handled. Give it a rest already.

Yeah. Positivity on Pinside? You and your attitude do not belong here.

For the rest of us, Amazon has finally managed to restock their tiki torches.

#1755 4 years ago

Future games should be determined that the playfield issues are resolved before buying in.

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You know what's really sad Derek?

I read this, and thought..."man, if only Jack came out and stated something akin to this. That would feel really good!"

I think for one day (entirely joking here) you should change your username to Jersey Jacques or Florida Leonardo, just to give us all some peaceful delusion and closure.

I don't feel anyone wants to be a villain here, either to damaged owners or JJP. We can all agree on that.

I do feel, it's unreasonable to ask damaged customers to pay for damage we weren't at fault for. It's akin for a warranty issue coming up for a car, and we get a repair bill along with it.

This is frustrating for us all. You've had many issues as well, and I understand you feeling like it's behind you, feels better closure wise, than battling on a forum, or with JJP on some level. That's fair, and I can only speak for myself, but these arguments and situations with this game, aren't fun for me either.

I have no answers. JJP does. And if they choose to not come forward with answers I feel are acceptable, then my only answer for myself, is to divorce myself from future ownership in the brand.

#1757 4 years ago

I know of my game and a friends and both are bubbling and chipping on almost every post touching the playfield.

No more purchase from JJP till it’s figured out. Why buy a ww if it’s gonna bubble and chip.

Also why buy a replacement if it’s also likely to fail?

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I know of my game and a friends and both are bubbling and chipping on almost every post touching the playfield.
No more purchase from JJP till it’s figured out. Why buy a ww if it’s gonna bubble and chip.
Also why buy a replacement if it’s also likely to fail?

My thinking on that is that doing the parts swap to the new playfield is an event for years down the road. Surely by then the clear is hardened and cured.

My plan would be to store it flat in climate-controlled conditions and do the fingernail test a year or so in the future.

#1759 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My thinking on that is that doing the parts swap to the new playfield is an event for years down the road. Surely by then the clear is hardened and cured.
My plan would be to store it flat in climate-controlled conditions and do the fingernail test a year or so in the future.

Doesn't it seem odd that you'd need to even take that gamble? I mean, fool me once with a bad playfield, shame on you. Wouldn't it be smart for the manufacturer to make sure you definitely, definitely don't have the same issue to deal with?

I dunno, the whole "we haven't made a determination" stance from Jack makes it seem like they don't care why this is happening but how they can best contain the backlash.

Otherwise at least make my gamble free?

#1760 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thought about the situation a bit, and here's what I feel would be fair to all parties involved.
In an attempt to be transparent, JJP acknowledges and addresses whatever the issues might have been publicly, whether it's employee training, poor end line quality control checks, Mirco sending either low level or poorly manufactured playfields, or a combination of all of the above.
At that point customers within one year of ownership, present photos of damage, and within those photos, price points for a new playfield are determined.
Let's say three tiers.
Tier 1: Beginning of/definable ripples on any posts of apparatus on the playfield.
Assuming $550 is the baseline of cost for JJP, if not even a bit lower, and the customer would already be responsible for swapping the playfield entirely, I feel this tier structure would be more than fair to JJP.
None of us with damage, wish JJP ill will, financial loss, or any other damage. We also don't want damage to our own games within such a brief period of ownership, and I feel a transparent statement, and offer, would do a great deal of goodwill for all involved.
Thoughts?

I think this is a very good suggestion, given the pf issues are sorted.

#1761 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I dunno, the whole "we haven't made a determination" stance from Jack makes it seem like they don't care why this is happening but how they can best contain the backlash.
Otherwise at least make my gamble free?

I think JJP cares about containing losses up to (if not over) a million $. They may not have a cause/effect/fix determination from Mirco yet.

#1762 4 years ago

I think it’s not a curing issue. If not cured after 6 months, it will never cure.

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I know a guy-[quoted image]

I like how you don't sway from the theme. Like everything can be covered in one Seinfeld image or another Classic.

#1764 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I think JJP cares about containing losses up to (if not over) a million $. They may not have a cause/effect/fix determination from Mirco yet.

Right... they may not have that information yet. So it seems short sighted then to sell the same playfields with possibly the same issues. Like it's all a knee jerk reaction to best contain the rumbling of the crowd instead of making the appropriate fix with the issues identified. But I'm just gonna order one because I'm not going to be so stupid as to miss out on what might be the only offer we get. So, now I feel dirty.

#1765 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Let's say three tiers.
Thoughts?

So, you mean just make sure you pop off a piece of art before you make the claim....
Free replacement!

#1766 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

So, you mean just make sure you pop off a piece of art before you make the claim....
Free replacement!

Heh. Or not, seems like you can get one without damage.

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Free replacement!

Well...I'm trying to think of ideas. Not my business, just my purchase. And ideally JJP would be having this discussion openly, guiding our frustrations down an easier, and less vexing path for all.

Also, the art seems to fly off by itself at times. Trust me, I know.

And really, no one is going to make a bundle with false claims, and reselling on the pinball black market. I think we all just want to feel whole, and not buggered.

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Well...I'm trying to think of ideas. Not my business, just my purchase. And ideally JJP would be having this discussion openly, guiding our frustrations down an easier, and less vexing path for all.
Also, the art seems to fly off by itself at times. Trust me, I know.
And really, no one is going to make a bundle with false claims, and reselling on the pinball black market. I think we all just want to feel whole, and not buggered.

You can only make one request. It should only be if you have chipping. At least currently. Even with your system, can't be abused more than the system is now. Every possible option that makes it more fair for the owners seems fair to entertain or discuss.

#1769 4 years ago

The thing that floors me is that if this was Stern, the pitchforks would be out and the witch hunt would be on. But since its a smaller guy, "being reasonable" and accepting to pay cost on a playfield is ok. Mind blown. Stern had some issues with playfields, and when they did, they sent out a fully populated playfield to swap in. All you had to do is swap it and send the old one back. Why aren't people demanding that from JJP? Its not that hard. Unfortunately, from the sounds of things the only way things are going to change is if someone organizes a class action lawsuit against them. Everyone wants to support the small guy, but then the small guy cant be a dick about things either. If they came out and were honest and said we know we have a problem, we are looking into it, that would be one thing. But instead they just continue on like nothing is wrong.

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

The thing that floors me is that if this was Stern, the pitchforks would be out and the witch hunt would be on. But since its a smaller guy, "being reasonable" and accepting to pay cost on a playfield is ok. Mind blown. Stern had some issues with playfields, and when they did, they sent out a fully populated playfield to swap in. All you had to do is swap it and send the old one back. Why aren't people demanding that from JJP? Its not that hard. Unfortunately, from the sounds of things the only way things are going to change is if someone organizes a class action lawsuit against them. Everyone wants to support the small guy, but then the small guy cant be a dick about things either. If they came out and were honest and said we know we have a problem, we are looking into it, that would be one thing. But instead they just continue on like nothing is wrong.

Oh, you mean like this?
https://www.change.org/p/gary-stern-replace-defective-stern-pinball-machine-playfields

#1771 4 years ago

Populated PF’s is the only fair remedy here. Even if they gave me a new PF I would have to spend a minimum of $500 to have someone repopulate it. Crazy! And the issue is still showing on WW. What? JJP and the other manufacturers must think because they got everyone to accept dimpling they are in the clear with any issue on the PF. With all these other new pin companies having good offerings JJP is going to lose big if this extremely poor customer support gets around to enough people. Shame on JJP. Not getting my money. Very poor value at this point IMO.

#1772 4 years ago

Angry customers should deal with <insert pin company here> directly. You may be disappointed with the outcome, but it's the best approach.

Mentioning lawyers will cause non-constructive behavior from any company. Their lawyers guide them to say nothing and disengage.

Rallying community tiki torches is somewhere in the middle, but I still suggest direct engagements since individual machines and circumstances (environment, shipping, use) vary.

Expecting a <$50 fix-kit seems reasonable. Expecting any pinball-sized company to absorb (up-to 1000's of) populated playfields is not reasonable. Particularly for cosmetic chips or dents or dimples, it's REALLY irritating, but it's just not reasonable.

#1773 4 years ago

you mean a $5 fix kit.

Edit* That really fixes nothing and only attempts to hide the damage and if we are being honest could cause further issues. Im no rocket scientist but I do know downward force is downward force. Just because we increased the surface area ( which really isnt the case because that washer is riding on top of the donut so no extra surface area and the pressure of the washer pushing on the donut now could infact cause your donut to turn into a quite significant chip) doesnt mean that the clearcoat donuts wont still happen. as a proof of concept the tortuga scoop has nice surface area and I got one huge donut around it. Wtf is a chincy little washer going to do?

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Angry customers should deal with &lt;insert pin company here&gt; directly. You may be disappointed with the outcome, but it's the best approach.
Mentioning lawyers will cause non-constructive behavior from any company. Their lawyers guide them to say nothing and disengage.
Rallying community tiki torches is somewhere in the middle, but I still suggest direct engagements since individual machines and circumstances (environment, shipping, use) vary.
Expecting a &lt;$50 fix-kit seems reasonable. Expecting any pinball-sized company to absorb (up-to 1000's of) populated playfields is not reasonable. Particularly for cosmetic chips or dents or dimples, it's REALLY irritating, but it's just not reasonable.

Any of us that are outspoken, have spoken quite a bit directly with JJP. The $550 offer is the end result of that.

So.....what next?

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Any of us that are outspoken, have spoken quite a bit directly with JJP. The $550 offer is the end result of that.
So.....what next?

Certified letters going out Friday. Sign up if you haven't.

#1776 4 years ago

Go get them tiger! It’s your hard earned money.

#1777 4 years ago

I still have to give it a reread, and talk to Frank, then come to a conclusion. My first offday is Friday...

I was specifically curious as to what
Reznnate would suggest.

For me, I'm just considering the more important, impactful decision I can make, to cease being a customer.

#1778 4 years ago

I don't know WHY anyone would be against signing a letter that says we're unhappy with the situation and would like a better result. I think it's important that company ownership know the issue and since we are unclear if Jack is truly a decision maker it only makes sense to try and reach out to the people who may be. At least the people who stand to profit from our unfortunate situation.

Companies are not in business to impress customers. They are in business to make money for their investors. If you do not impress your investors they don't support you and give you money. As savvy business owner makes profit for their investors the best way they know how. This choice is the best way JJP knows how to make the most profit. Our concern is not with their profit necessarily, it is with our fair shake at a situation where we have been wronged. JJP needs to realize they stand to make more profit in the long run if customers are satisfied with their service.

The plant will grow the direction the sun shines. If the sun changes position, the plant does too. If we can shine the light in a different direction JJP will need to grow in that direction. As a community and patrons we can only show our intent by inviting the company to grow in that direction. If we do not change the direction of the sun then the plant will have no reason to change direction. If profits aren't potentially compromised due to potentially lower sales and upset customers what will affect the plant?

What backlash will JJP be able to provide if you sign a letter with only vaguely strong wording? Will you not get a special deal that the rest of us won't? Maybe. Will you be blackballed from JJP? Seriously? There is no way for them to stop us. You can find a way to order parts. You can get a game from someone else. JJP has no hold over you except the thin veil of retribution and complete collapse. Shit, go buy a playfield and sign the letter. Best of everything. If they prevent you from getting a playfield that speaks HUGE volumes, but they won't.

#1779 4 years ago

In complete transparency I have ordered a playfield. I can't justify not doing this with fear there may be no other offer and playfields run out, offer changes, redacted, etc. Not suggesting anyone do anything, not suggesting I don't believe we are due something more appropriate to the situation but I continue to support JJP. I have placed order after order with them, my card is on file, they charge it without me doing anything. Shannan knows me. I just spent TWICE the price of a part that is not their part, another manufacturer unrelated to pinball makes it, I bought that part to simply swap and come to find out there is proprietary information/code that JJP won't share to make this screen work. So? I sent back the screen and ordered from JJP. I ordered a replacement for my broken Maelstrom ramp. I ordered a set of decals and plastics. I ordered a 2nd opto so I could replace both when one was broken by the VUK issue.

I'm transparent.

#1780 4 years ago

I don't know WHY anyone would be against signing a letter that says we're unhappy with the situation and would like a better result. I think it's important that company ownership know the issue and since we are unclear if Jack is truly a decision maker it only makes sense to try and reach out to the people who may be. At least the people who stand to profit from our unfortunate situation.
Companies are not in business to impress customers. They are in business to make money for their investors. If you do not impress your investors they don't support you and give you money. As savvy business owner makes profit for their investors the best way they know how. This choice is the best way JJP knows how to make the most profit. Our concern is not with their profit necessarily, it is with our fair shake at a situation where we have been wronged. JJP needs to realize they stand to make more profit in the long run if customers are satisfied with their service.
The plant will grow the direction the sun shines. If the sun changes position, the plant does too. If we can shine the light in a different direction JJP will need to grow in that direction. As a community and patrons we can only show our intent by inviting the company to grow in that direction. If we do not change the direction of the sun then the plant will have no reason to change direction. If profits aren't potentially compromised due to potentially lower sales and upset customers what will affect the plant?
What backlash will JJP be able to provide if you sign a letter with only vaguely strong wording? Will you not get a special deal that the rest of us won't? Maybe. Will you be blackballed from JJP? Seriously? There is no way for them to stop us. You can find a way to order parts. You can get a game from someone else. JJP has no hold over you except the thin veil of retribution and complete collapse. Shit, go buy a playfield and sign the letter. Best of everything. If they prevent you from getting a playfield that speaks HUGE volumes, but they won't.

I agree with most of this in theory.

Above all though, I don't want to feel like a dumb street whore.

If I don't get treated, valued the way I feel I should be treated and valued. I'm gone.

If I have to go to such measures, just to be heard, valued, recognized, why on earth do I even want to consider a future connection with a company like that?

I shouldn't have to force change. I feel I am here though.

So for me, I feel more like being the catalyst of change, that equals change. I can put 4 quarters of change in a game here and there, versus 38,000.....quarters all up front.

Maybe I put 4 in, and don't give a god damn shit about a post, a chip, a bad flipper. Never did as a teen, (though those issues don't seem as prominent on older games) but I do now.

Maybe home ownership is the issue.

#4atatime

(Twitter is so retarded.)

#1781 4 years ago

In complete transparency I have ordered a playfield. I can't justify not doing this with fear there may be no other offer and playfields run out, offer changes, redacted, etc. Not suggesting anyone do anything, not suggesting I don't believe we are due something more appropriate to the situation but I continue to support JJP. I have placed order after order with them, my card is on file, they charge it without me doing anything. Shannan knows me. I just spent TWICE the price of a part that is not their part, another manufacturer unrelated to pinball makes it, I bought that part to simply swap and come to find out there is proprietary information/code that JJP won't share to make this screen work. So? I sent back the screen and ordered from JJP. I ordered a replacement for my broken Maelstrom ramp. I ordered a set of decals and plastics. I ordered a 2nd opto so I could replace both when one was broken by the VUK issue.
I'm transparent.

Well that's.......................weird.

#1782 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Well that's.......................weird.

Why? Jack said no. As far as we know that is the official stance from the company, why would that change?

I don't believe it's right, I don't want to stop my efforts but I also fit the requirements for the replacement and if I don't take this offer there may be no other offer. I don't believe this should show any complacency with their response and I would think ANY rational person would believe that should JJP change their stance that anyone who paid for a playfield and fit the requirements to receive it would be compensated in the exact same manner any other affected owner was. Am I wrong?

I mean, I just bought the 3 WOZ playfields for $500 to fix my chipped and broken playfields. What are my other options? Sure as fack can't easily repair POTC playfields and what's to say if JJP runs out (didn't we know they were going to produce 1500 games but only had parts for 1000?)? Will they make more to meet the demand? I think this is something that could be questionable.

Will the number of people who redeem this offer indicate how many are actually having issues? It's a thought.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CVuJheFjQJhTMD5A9

#1783 4 years ago

Why? Jack said no. As far as we know that is the official stance from the company, why would that change?
I don't believe it's right, I don't want to stop my efforts but I also fit the requirements for the replacement and if I don't take this offer there may be no other offer. I don't believe this should show any complacency with their response and I would think ANY rational person would believe that should JJP change their stance that anyone who paid for a playfield and fit the requirements to receive it would be compensated in the exact same manner any other affected owner was. Am I wrong?
I mean, I just bought the 3 WOZ playfields for $500 to fix my chipped and broken playfields. What are my other options? Sure as fack can't easily repair POTC playfields and what's to say if JJP runs out (didn't we know they were going to produce 1500 games but only had parts for 1000?)? Will they make more to meet the demand? I think this is something that could be questionable.
Will the number of people who redeem this offer indicate how many are actually having issues? It's a thought.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CVuJheFjQJhTMD5A9

If he said no, then don't pay for their mistakes.

I won't.

#1784 4 years ago

Et tu, Harry....?

I thought the letter was supposed to change it.

You buying a playfield effectively gives consent to playfield damage being acceptable. It also neuters your letter.

Every man for yourselves boys....time to jump ship, ready the torpedos, then ride the torpedoes out, and away from the Black Pearl. AOOOOOOOGA! AOOOOOOOOOGAAAH!

#1785 4 years ago

The twists and turns of this thread!!!

#1786 4 years ago

Listen Harry, and listen good! You go back to that dame, I mean Jack....I mean hugging that pristine new playfield o' yours, with your flimsy letters an threats, and well....it's suicide, ya seeeeee!

(Seriously, this thread is retarded.)

#1787 4 years ago

I have to hedge my bets. If I get stuck buying a $1000 playfield who's going to feel like a big idiot? To each their own, I feel like I'm in a corner and have zero options. JJP has flatly said no, to me, in an email. My letter is supposed to change it, but do I have confidence it will? Hell no. This company has a track record. Past actions dictate what someone will assume will happen in future interactions. History teaches us. I want it to change, I am doing all I can to make it change, I don't know anyone doing more. Call my action a mistake, fine... but I owe nothing to anyone here. I get NOTHING out of this mess except MAYBE $600 back, nothing more than anyone else. What's my benefit for standing on a pedestal and taking the blows?

#1788 4 years ago

What's my benefit for standing on a pedestal and taking the blows?

Guess they don't call you Harry Houdini fer nuthin'! Quite the trick....

Houdini...did...stand on pedestals, and died from that...blow...to the stomach days later!

This whole situation has me from tears and anguish, to laughter and jaw drops. Crazy shit!

houdini (resized).jpghoudini (resized).jpg
#1789 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Guess they don't call you Harry Houdini fer nuthin'! Quite the trick....
Houdini...did...stand on pedestals, and died from that...blow...to the stomach days later!
This whole situation has me from tears and anguish, to laughter and jaw drops. Crazy shit!

Well, technically he died from appendicitis. A McGill student who was a boxer hit him in the stomach (a feat he was able to defend against by tightening his abdomen) when he was not ready for the blow. It happened in his dressing room after a show, no pedestal involved. He ended up with appendicitis but did not take it seriously and continued to do shows until his appendix ruptured days later and he eventually died after being rushed to the hospital after collapsing after a show. He was born 26 years before the turn of the century and died 26 years after the turn, 26+26 = 52, the number of cards in a deck. He also died on Halloween. He was clear in that he would do anything to contact Bess, his wife, should he ever die to prove that paranormal or spiritual contact from the dead was possible, a thing he was a proponent against and exposed many frauds. In essence, he championed that cause of preventing unsuspecting citizens from being ripped off by charlatans. Except, he got press from his stance on the pedestal and became famous and did more shows.

Do you see anything befitting of this thread in that story?

#1790 4 years ago

Well, technically he died because a Princeton student who was a boxer hit him in the stomach (a feat he was able to defend against by tightening his abdomen) when he was not ready for the blow. It happened in his dressing room after a show. He ended up with appendicitis but did not take it seriously and continued to do shows until his appendix ruptured on stage days later. He was born 26 years before the turn of the century and died 26 years after the turn, 26+26 = 52, the number of cards in a deck. He also died on Halloween. He was clear in that he would do anything to contact Bess, his wife, should he ever die to prove that paranormal or spiritual contact from the dead was possible, a thing he was a proponent against and exposed many frauds. In essence, he championed that cause of preventing unsuspecting citizens from being ripped off by charlatans. Except, he got press from his stance and became famous and did more shows.
Do you see anything befitting of this thread in that story?

Oh, I know how he died. I. Was. That. Student!!! *dun dun daaaaaah*

Anything befitting of this thread in that story...? Hmm, I guess I don't actually. As that Harry, didn't pay the fake mediums, just so he could expose them, and be in cahoots/benefit.

Cahoots I say! Well, I wrote it. I'm not nutty enough to actually speak my text as I write it.

Oh well. Such is life, and the afterlife.

#1791 4 years ago

Sigh. Because somehow I owe something to everyone here and have to take some stance to make you happy? Don't bash me and not even step up to sign the letter. How do I get the part of my life back that I spent trying to help every owner who has this issue and issues in the past with JJP? Did you want to send me a few bucks to cover the 5 certified letters I am sending? The MOST support that seems to be common here, aside from being a keyboard warrior, is to sign the letter. It's tough to stick your neck out there, kudos to those people who care enough.

"Benefit" ... you sound like the detractors now. I'm benefitting by spending $600 on a playfield that could very well have the same issues because I'm worried I'll be screwed over and have no other option. Go me.

#1792 4 years ago

Get off the cross please.
We can afford 5k+ toys & a little bit of foldin monies; no one said we were Certified Letter rich!

#1793 4 years ago

Sigh. Because somehow I owe something to everyone here and have to take some stance to make you happy? Don't bash me and not even step up to sign the letter. How do I get the part of my life back that I spent trying to help every owner who has this issue and issues in the past with JJP? Did you want to send me a few bucks to cover the 5 certified letters I am sending? The MOST support that seems to be common here, aside from being a keyboard warrior, is to sign the letter. It's tough to stick your neck out there, kudos to those people who care enough.

You could afford 171 certified letters, give or take, at the going rate of $3.50......if you hadn't bought a playfield.

I am the ultimate tough guy *flexes in 1920's bathing suit and twirls moosestache* I decided I shouldn't pay to get something replaced, if it's broke.

I'm tired of this game. I'm converting this shitbox into a boat, grabbing an oar, and hitting the high seas, like any respectable pirate would. If any ah' yer scurvy dogs wants to sink my Dauntless, Pearl, whatshavesya, I'll be sailing up alongside ya, and shootin' my wee Pearl cannon right upside your maelstrom ramp. Prepare the sacred pirate oils, cause....that's gonna hurt!!! AAAARR....GH!

(Imagine that, a bit boxier, full of dimples, and ripples, and you'll get the idea, ya will!)

12554935005040980208 (resized).jpg12554935005040980208 (resized).jpg
#1794 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We can afford 5k+ toys &amp; a little bit of foldin monies; no one said we were Certified Letter rich!

He has to take Yelobird off the cross first though....

#1795 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We can afford 5k+ toys &amp; a little bit of foldin monies; no one said we were Certified Letter rich!

Thanks for the levity, I'm pretty much spent for this thread so everyone can relax.

#1796 4 years ago
pcorn.gifpcorn.gif
#1797 4 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

[quoted image]

In about an hour from now that bag of popcorn will look tasty when the munchies kicks in..

#1798 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Remember, JJP machines are the best-built, highest quality machines around. Just ask every. single. WoZ pre-order customer. They sang it from their hymnal for the three years of their pre-order wait. Then the light boards started to fail etc.

#1799 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Remember, JJP machines are the best-built, highest quality machines around. Just ask every. single. WoZ pre-order customer. They sang it from their hymnal for the three years of their pre-order wait. Then the light boards started to fail etc.

And the playfield.

$800 for the lights. $20 or 40 or something for the decals to cover up, sort of, the playfield issues. JJP has no problem charging customers for issues in their manufacturing process, this much is clear. I'm now probably close to $2000 or more in to JJP parts to resolve this kind of stuff. But apparently, I'm not their customer.

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

In about an hour from now that bag of popcorn will look tasty when the munchies kicks in..

Full disclosure: checked your location expecting to see Colorado.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/page/36?hl=vipervs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.