(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,006 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinDeadHead
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 47 votes
    22%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 69 votes
    32%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 33 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 33 votes
    15%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 16 votes
    7%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 16 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 214 votes by 202 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg
272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
20200319_164738 (resized).jpg
AEF37959-C604-4A07-B193-2416A6A62929 (resized).jpeg
F10537D7-D970-4859-B5C9-CF482DF29BFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200320_103742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200320_101453 (resized).jpg
917EEAC5-4AC1-4204-BDA8-5497FFCB4BAC (resized).jpeg
83458836-4863-4833-8D88-F5A9E65F9517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3627 (resized).jpeg
20200127_171934 (resized).jpg
Shocked.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
potc2_5234 (resized).jpg
3FC99A16-7187-44B6-811B-16DD827ABC65 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 61.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Here’s another option. I have this on Simpson’s. You can keep the small posts and add this rubber underneath to hide any damage to playfield.
[quoted image]
It’s a thick short rubber post protector. Could solve our problems.

Is there a problem with this solution? I mean it’s not the prettiest but it ticks every box. The only other solution is to have @yelobird create custom posts which could look like little rum bottles.

#802 4 years ago

Seriously, these would fix it:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52
Single 1-2 Post-800x800 (resized).jpgSingle 1-2 Post-800x800 (resized).jpg

Put the standard posts in the clear or colour of your choice and it solves the problem!!!!

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image]
Put the standard posts in the clear or colour of your choice and it solves the problem!!!!

How no one mentioned this up until this point is surprising! I wonder how that affects gameplay versus the larger star posts, which sort of keep the action of the original.

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

How no one mentioned this up until this point is surprising! I wonder how that affects gameplay versus the larger star posts, which sort of keep the action of the original.

All it does is cover the area...and changes nothing else. What’s the point really... it draws far more attention to the spot that the original damage

#805 4 years ago

I just checked out my Tspp. It had the 1/2” black rubber post protectors on one of the slings as I posted. I rested a ball against it, protector does not affect ball. Still hits sling first. I checked the pirate post next to stern post. It is similar height and thickness. Then put a protector on the Pirates post. Fairly tight fit. It is not going to push down on playfield to add extra stability but it will hide any rippling or chipping and it will not turn upwards like an oversized rubber washer.

24A2795A-8677-478E-A16F-5ACAD5958C16 (resized).jpeg24A2795A-8677-478E-A16F-5ACAD5958C16 (resized).jpegB86BC551-7EE6-4633-90AE-629840A6C56F (resized).jpegB86BC551-7EE6-4633-90AE-629840A6C56F (resized).jpeg
#806 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All it does is cover the area...and changes nothing else. What’s the point really... it draws far more attention to the spot that the original damage

Just trying to solve the problems that starposts create of more escaped slings and airballs. If you check out the tspp photo black stern posts and black protectors look pretty similar to a star post. Maybe the clear titan would look ok around the clear post. I don’t know! But it would give us back the original sling performance (which is why cheshirefilms changed their posts back) and hide any damage or rippling that may have occurred. The only other answer is a new type of star post/post that is thicker down the bottom but same thickness as original pirate post where it holds the sling. Oh and slightly shorter to accomodate rubber washer. Got no other answer.

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK, not sure if this will help but looking at the mechanics of the slings it looks like a possible simple solution to eliminate the escape hammer. The problem is many are changing the OEM plastic posts to a larger diameter which moves the sling rubber ring 1/8" plus further away from the sling arm allowing it to sweep further down and under. My suggestion would be to add 1-2 washers under each of the 4 mount holes in the (item 2) crank mtg bracket. In doing so you would pivot the arm back slightly and push it's angle back a few degrees. I would also consider Stretching the (item 6) spring to give it more rebound. All theory but I suspect it would help.[quoted image]

I’m no expert, but appears adding washers under the pivot point plate would increase sling hammer escapes. Shouldn’t it? I think it would lower the hammer, making it more likely to escape. Am I wrong on this?

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I just checked out my Tspp. It had the 1/2” black rubber post protectors on one of the slings as I posted. I rested a ball against it, protector does not affect ball. Still hits sling first. I checked the pirate post next to stern post. It is similar height and thickness. Then put a protector on the Pirates post. Fairly tight fit. It is not going to push down on playfield to add extra stability but it will hide any rippling or chipping and it will not turn upwards like an oversized rubber washer.[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope that ball is a spare, old, unused ball!

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I just checked out my Tspp. It had the 1/2” black rubber post protectors on one of the slings as I posted. I rested a ball against it, protector does not affect ball. Still hits sling first. I checked the pirate post next to stern post. It is similar height and thickness. Then put a protector on the Pirates post. Fairly tight fit. It is not going to push down on playfield to add extra stability but it will hide any rippling or chipping and it will not turn upwards like an oversized rubber washer.[quoted image][quoted image]

Just making fun but that looks like a post "Cozy" lol. Does do what your after though congrats.

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, but it isn't anything putting more pressure in any wider diameter. I would have rather have done that solution than a hard, clear washer and/or star post.

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image]

Are these the 1/2" post sleeves?

Would the tapered ones work as well or better? They seem like they are a combo of that and a washer.

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Would the tapered ones work as well or better? They seem like they are a combo of that and a washer.

Yeah, those are the 1/2". Same used on WOZ. Wonder if the tapered ones would look more odd.

#813 4 years ago

Yeah, those are the 1/2". Same used on WOZ. Wonder if the tapered ones would look more odd.

At this point, odd < safe with this wacky game.

Did the 1/2" work well with Woz?

Have you ever tried the tapered?

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yep. They are 1/2 inch.

On my own solution, I tried superbands around my star posts. Big mistake. Made one of my posts lean. Spoke to my friendly pinball tech and he said there have been instances of stern posts being ripped out by super bands. Plus they don’t feel like rubber. He recommends PerfectPlays. Seems to not overstretch and become loose like other silicone solutions. Maybe this will stop hammer escapes.

Anyway, I have nice depressions under the rubber, not damage just compressed playfield. Just like Yelobird said there would be. For now I have installed the double star posts, same aesthetics as singles as others have said. I will look at getting some perfect plays.

I guess for those who have slight chipping but want to retain the original post size, these 1/2” in translucent or a colour to match a solid colour post could be a solution. Conical could look nice as well. And yes they just cover up, no additional support and no indentations.

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

At this point, odd &lt; safe with this wacky game.
Did the 1/2" work well with Woz?
Have you ever tried the tapered?

They are stock on WOZ in other locations, used around narrow posts.

#816 4 years ago

The official fix is expected today or next week, and when you email for yours I'm told it'll come with both sets of washers and starposts plus instructions.

Those with no chipping can install the more minimalist set, those with some or just prefer the look can install the wider set.

And the parts are in I'm told, it's a matter of inventorying with part numbers and putting it all together at this point.

Hopefully, the instructions will account for any adjustments needed beyond just the leaf switches for starposts, and hopefully these are special starposts so the angle of the sling is unchanged vs. the original.

Maybe even a code update to account for the power of the slings as applied to the ball on the starposts. Though I have no knowledge if that's forthcoming or not as part of this solution.
download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&amp;product_id=52
[quoted image]

The issue is the posts digging into the clear. This won't fix that.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The issue is the posts digging into the clear. This won't fix that.

There isn't just one issue... The cause of the cracking is the post digging in to the clear. The cause of the post digging in to the clear is the sharp edge on the bottom. Putting a narrow washer under the narrow post seems like it may solve the sharp edge issue. Putting in a star post will hide the chipping/cracking. This solution (a wider rubber post) will also hide the cracking/chipping. Seems like part of a valid solution.

#819 4 years ago

Do you know is the fix from JJP only for the slingshots or for other posts on the PF as well?

I have my playfield disassembled and waiting currently for some rubber washers. I was wondering if I would just go ahead with the assembly and only add rubbers for the slingshot posts. JJP fix might tell a bit how they see the problem, i.e. is it only slingshot posts related.

#820 4 years ago

Yeah, but it isn't anything putting more pressure in any wider diameter. I would have rather have done that solution than a hard, clear washer and/or star post.

It's not adding pressure, nor is it reducing the original contact point problem because the original post is still contacting as it originally did. This thing just sits AROUND the post. It's purely cosmetic... for damage that is incredibly hard to see in the first place.

It's like covering a fleck with a quarter.

You have your mind set on this 'hard' vs 'soft'... and keep missing that the issue is contact pressure, not 'hard' or 'soft'.

The solution should be like snowshoes... increase area to reduce direct force.

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's not adding pressure, nor is it reducing the original contact point problem because the original post is still contacting as it originally did. This thing just sits AROUND the post. It's purely cosmetic... for damage that is incredibly hard to see in the first place.
It's like covering a fleck with a quarter.
You have your mind set on this 'hard' vs 'soft'... and keep missing that the issue is contact pressure, not 'hard' or 'soft'.
The solution should be like snowshoes... increase area to reduce direct force.

Obviously the rubber would only sit around the post and hide the damage. Fixing the narrow post with a knife edge on the bottom by grinding it down, replacing or adding a washer is obviously needed. But, adding a larger star post without a rubber washer created a wider dent in the playfield. This rubber is not covering damage that is hard to see, it would be covering incredibly visible and unsightly damage. You haven't seen all the cracked and chipped playfield pics posted?

The solution was to not have a sharp edged post. Now there needs to be a solution to hide the chips in the playfield, which the wide rubber does while letting you keep the stock post configuration and geometry. Seems like a win win, keep the OEM post layout and hide the damage. The narrow post should be a fine original configuration if it didn't have a sharp edge, other JJP games use this without issue.

#822 4 years ago

There isn't just one issue... The cause of the cracking is the post digging in to the clear. The cause of the post digging in to the clear is the sharp edge on the bottom. Putting a narrow washer under the narrow post seems like it may solve the sharp edge issue. Putting in a star post will hide the chipping/cracking. This solution (a wider rubber post) will also hide the cracking/chipping. Seems like part of a valid solution.

Ah hiding it, vs star post. I thought it was being stated it would stop the post from digging in. Makes sense now.

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah hiding it, vs star post. I thought it was being stated it would stop the post from digging in. Makes sense now.

I said it was only hiding what was there. It does not add anything in terms of stability over the standard posts. And yes you would have to use the JJP supplied washers. For the record I am using double star posts and going to get perfectplays. I have large circular indentations from the starposts so I don’t have a choice. No going back, star posts for me.

Two other options to solve the strong slings for double star posts. Firstly, double up the rubbers. Secondly, maybe a bigger spring on the solenoids. This was suggested by my distributor. Just a thought.

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I said it was only hiding what was there. It does not add anything in terms of stability over the standard posts. And yes you would have to use the JJP supplied washers. For the record I am using double star posts and going to get perfectplays. I have large circular indentations from the starposts so I don’t have a choice. No going back, star posts for me.
Two other options to solve the strong slings for double star posts. Firstly, double up the rubbers. Secondly, maybe a bigger spring on the solenoids. This was suggested by my distributor. Just a thought.

If you used a rubber washer only the residual marks come out with Quixx and a bit of elbow grease. Of course, can understand might be too much if a hard washer or none at all was initially used..

Also- you do have a choice even still. Use the stock posts and the translucent rubber post covers from Titan described earlier in the thread, they'll likely be wide enough- maybe more- to cover the indentations.

#825 4 years ago

Obviously the rubber would only sit around the post and hide the damage. Fixing the narrow post with a knife edge on the bottom by grinding it down, replacing or adding a washer is obviously needed. But, adding a larger star post without a rubber washer created a wider dent in the playfield

Because as I already pointed out in the quoted post below... the star post doesn't increase the surface contact enough because it's not solid at the base. Adding the star post AND a washer increases the contact area while reducing how tight the post needs to be.

Quoted from flynnibus:

You don’t want these things moving. So the best would be something that reduces how tight the post is (using a star post) and something that makes the contact area as large as possible and uniform (a washer).

You haven't seen all the cracked and chipped playfield pics posted? The solution was to not have a sharp edged post. Now there needs to be a solution to hide the chips in the playfield, which the wide rubber does while letting you keep the stock post configuration and geometry. Seems like a win win, keep the OEM post layout and hide the damage. The narrow post should be a fine original configuration if it didn't have a sharp edge, other JJP games use this without issue.

The damage in most of the photos is maybe 1/8" in most cases. Put it under a post, or color match some acrylic and tab in there to make it blend in.

The stock post is likely still going to be problematic given how soft this clear is unless you use a wider washer (like under a star post). But the washers are raising the rubber.. leading to the problem with going under them.

Unless their PF is already messed up.. most people should just take off their posts and replace any malformed ones and monitor to see if the clear buckles after the posts being secured to normal tightness.

Unless you have a massive chip... honestly you're probably better off just ignoring it.. or using a tab of paint to mask it. These huge posts will just make it look goofy.

#826 4 years ago

FYI my new ybr has sharp posts and it’s also gigging into clear / area. Ten games in and wide dust near the posts just like my pirates ce.

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

FYI my new ybr has sharp posts and it’s also gigging into clear / area. Ten games in and wide dust near the posts just like my pirates ce.

LOL.. that's hilarious. I mean, sad.. but hilarious because I just got back from the NW Pin Show and played a YBR several times and the castle doors (which there were two... not sure what the whole "one door" talk was because the mech looks exactly the same from the top) still had issues on a NEW game. I've been battling castle door issues on my SE WOZ for a long time and finally had to redesign/innovate on the door switches to fix the design that was really a bad concept from the start.

#828 4 years ago

LOL.. that's hilarious. I mean, sad.. but hilarious because I just got back from the NW Pin Show and played a YBR several times and the castle doors (which there were two... not sure what the whole "one door" talk was because the mech looks exactly the same from the top) still had issues on a NEW game. I've been battling castle door issues on my SE WOZ for a long time and finally had to redesign/innovate on the door switches to fix the design that was really a bad concept from the start.

There’s a new business venture for you Harry!

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

If you used a rubber washer only the residual marks come out with Quixx and a bit of elbow grease. Of course, can understand might be too much if a hard washer or none at all was initially used..
Also- you do have a choice even still. Use the stock posts and the translucent rubber post covers from Titan described earlier in the thread, they'll likely be wide enough- maybe more- to cover the indentations.

Thanks Cheshire. I tightened the star posts down with washers hard to get the best stability otherwise it could result in lateral movement which may ripple clearcoat again. I also wanted a low profile to reduce sling problems. It’s not just a depression, but the sheen has gone, it is now a matte finish. I’m really happy with my doubles and titans at the moment. Less air balls and it looks good. If I get one sling escape in 200 games, I can live with that. I think the new perfect plays will fix that.

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unless you have a massive chip... honestly you're probably better off just ignoring it.. or using a tab of paint to mask it. These huge posts will just make it look goofy.

If you look at my TSPP black rubber on black posts is hardly noticeable. Looks a bit like a star post. I was just suggesting a different aesthetic to hide any rippling or chipping if people did not want to use star posts. Translucent could be used with the clear posts or blue with blue etc. I’m certainly not suggesting black with clear posts. Anyways just a alternate thought. I really don’t like seeing washers stuck out further than posts. Personally I’m just sticking with double star posts, but my rubbers are exact same diameter.

Interesting to see same issues with YBR. Good in a way that it just won’t be a forgotten issue for a discontinued game.

#831 4 years ago

Anybody with experience on would this work?
Originals posts, under them a clear washer and narrow rubber.
Or is the sling now too high in comparison to the the ball?
Maybe I should remove the clear washer?

Thank you again for your advice!

IMG_6176 (resized).JPGIMG_6176 (resized).JPGIMG_6177 (resized).JPGIMG_6177 (resized).JPG
#832 4 years ago

Found another problem spot with the clearcoat.

Check your I lane moveable post and more specifically the open top hole.

From the ball rolling over that exposed hole I have a crack in the clear and it’s hanging on like a hangnail. It will surely be a chip but for now i applied Mylar.

Will be reporting this to JJP, this is the first time I’ve seen a exposed post hole crack like this.

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

From the ball rolling over that exposed hole I have a crack in the clear and it’s hanging on like a hangnail. It will surely be a chip but for now i applied Mylar.
Will be reporting this to JJP, this is the first time I’ve seen a exposed post hole crack like this.

Didn't see any sign around that hole on mine..

Just out of curiosity did you play your game a lot upon receipt? My game didn't get played much for several months, wondering if in addition to what we know the clear may have cured more over time (notwithstanding post pressures).

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thank you again for your advice![quoted image][quoted image]

Just wait for the official service pack kit from JJP, coming this week. Personally, I'm just keeping my game dark at home from now till it's here. Even if the risk is minimal since I installed JJP's firstgen washers..

#835 4 years ago

Just wait for the official service pack kit from JJP, coming this week. Personally, I'm just keeping my game dark at home from now till it's here. Even if the risk is minimal since I installed JJP's firstgen washers..

For me, as an international customer, the JJP support has not been that good in sending out replacement parts. Last time it took 6 months for a replacement part to arrive and now I have waited 2.5 months for parts that I ordered from their webshop. I'd rather do this myself, if I can. Also I have disassembled my PF to put in a PF protector, so my plan was to put rubbers and plastic washers for all the similar posts in the PF...

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

One solution is to move the post to the upper hole...

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thank you again for your advice![quoted image][quoted image]

Since you are using a playfield protector, do you need to worry about the rubber washer? Do you have any signs of chipping or ripples? I think you will get hammer escapes from the slings. Are you also trying to raise the slings so it hits the ball at the same level it would without the protector?

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

One solution is to move the post to the upper hole...

Not sure the post will sit flat. I’m sure as soon as I move that post that piece of clear is coming off.

I figured Mylar for now is the lesser of two evils since it is for the time being holding everything together.

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Since you are using a playfield protector, do you need to worry about the rubber washer? Do you have any signs of chipping or ripples? I think you will get hammer escapes from the slings. Are you also trying to raise the slings so it hits the ball at the same level it would without the protector?

Playfield protector goes Around problem areas and creates its own issues in my opinion in time.

#840 4 years ago

Didn't see any sign around that hole on mine..
Just out of curiosity did you play your game a lot upon receipt? My game didn't get played much for several months, wondering if in addition to what we know the clear may have cured more over time (notwithstanding post pressures).

Not really, the game generally hasn’t been played much. It’s been played more frequently recently but not out of the box.

In fact it sat in my garage in box for a good 2-3 weeks after being delivered because we were out of town when it was delivered.

Didn’t notice this until I started poking around with a bright led flashlight.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure the post will sit flat. I’m sure as soon as I move that post that piece of clear is coming off.
I figured Mylar for now is the lesser of two evils since it is for the time being holding everything together.

I am NOT making fun but I must say some of you spend a lot of time analyzing your playfield. lol. I must be a lazy pinball player, unless the spinning disk falls through the playfield and the ball rolls in I play it as it is and never notice a thing. Again, NOT saying thats bad just making fun of the fact I must be really lazy not looking for scratches etc.

#842 4 years ago

Over the weekend I took my posts off and sure enough at least half those posts had dug into the playfield and were very uneven and had sharp edges. Luckily other than directly under the posts hadn't caused any extensive damage. I sanded down the uneven posts and sourced a small black rubber and put a nylon clear washer under each post. Doesn't look too bad and hopefully will prevent any further damage under them.

IMG_20190603_072439 (resized).jpgIMG_20190603_072439 (resized).jpgIMG_20190603_072452 (resized).jpgIMG_20190603_072452 (resized).jpgIMG_20190603_072509 (resized).jpgIMG_20190603_072509 (resized).jpg
#843 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am NOT making fun but I must say some of you spend a lot of time analyzing your playfield. lol. I must be a lazy pinball player, unless the spinning disk falls through the playfield and the ball rolls in I play it as it is and never notice a thing. Again, NOT saying thats bad just making fun of the fact I must be really lazy not looking for scratches etc.

He did have some pretty bad chipping which he has fixed with star posts. I guess he does not want this hole in the playfield to start to chip.

BTW, ordered your kraken, cannon and monkey. Pretty excited! Beautiful work. Can’t wait to install.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Over the weekend I took my posts off and sure enough at least half those posts had dug into the playfield and were very uneven and had sharp edges. Luckily other than directly under the posts hadn't caused any extensive damage. I sanded down the uneven posts and sourced a small black rubber and put a nylon clear washer under each post. Doesn't look too bad and hopefully will prevent any further damage under them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very neat! I could not find rubber washers that small and flat. Should do the trick.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well, you would have to be blind as a fucking bat to not notice a round hole that isn’t round anymore when your about to move the lane post into a damaged hole.

Scratches...pretty funny. I wish it was just scratches and dimples.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

He did have some pretty bad chipping which he has fixed with star posts. I guess he does not want this hole in the playfield to start to chip.
BTW, ordered your kraken, cannon and monkey. Pretty excited! Beautiful work. Can’t wait to install.

Oh...it’s chipped but hanging on by a thread. And yes I was hoping for it to not seperate totally.

Pretty amazing to have a mod maker on here chastise, poke fun and be critical of his customers having issues with their machines.

Pretty righteous perspective.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Oh...it’s chipped but hanging on by a thread. And yes I was hoping for it to not seperate totally.
Pretty amazing to have a mod maker on here chastise, poke fun and be critical of his customers having issues with their machines.

pics?

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t think Yelobird actually realised the chipping you had. I think he just wants people to enjoy the game. There are heaps that were asking for new playfield etc that had no real damage. And people complaining about it that did not even own one.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I don’t think yelobird actually realised the chipping you had. I think he just wants people to enjoy the game. There are heaps that were asking for new playfield etc that had no real damage. And people complaining about it that did not even own one.

I think we all are enjoying the game and this is by far my favorite game so being passionate about the game itself and trying to take care of it so it holds up go hand in hand in my opinion. I have no plans on ever getting rid of the machine. Reporting damage does not imply not enjoying or being disgruntled in any way towards JJP or the game itself.

I was just trying to alert fellow owners that the ball rolling across that exposed hole MAY become an issue. I was going to give the other post position a try and found this.

Hard to understand the rationale of his post but I just think it’s flat out self righteousness and ignorant, glad I don’t need to buy any more of his shit.

#850 4 years ago

Got my LE setup this weekend with a build date of 4/29. It has the bubbling under the sling posts, and no additional washers. I haven't bothered to pull them to look for the sharp edges. Will keep playing and eventually install the JJP kit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/page/17?hl=marz_78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.