(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,006 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinDeadHead
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 47 votes
    22%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 69 votes
    32%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 33 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 33 votes
    15%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 16 votes
    7%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 16 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 214 votes by 202 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg
272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
20200319_164738 (resized).jpg
AEF37959-C604-4A07-B193-2416A6A62929 (resized).jpeg
F10537D7-D970-4859-B5C9-CF482DF29BFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200320_103742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200320_101453 (resized).jpg
917EEAC5-4AC1-4204-BDA8-5497FFCB4BAC (resized).jpeg
83458836-4863-4833-8D88-F5A9E65F9517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3627 (resized).jpeg
20200127_171934 (resized).jpg
Shocked.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
potc2_5234 (resized).jpg
3FC99A16-7187-44B6-811B-16DD827ABC65 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 61.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Working on the disc silencer mod (I failed the first time, but I think it was my fault)

Curious how you failed or what you think you did wrong? I ask because I installed the silencer mod and it made no difference, my disk is still loud.

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Curious how you failed or what you think you did wrong? I ask because I installed the silencer mod and it made no difference, my disk is still pretty very.

Largely, those two 1/16” hex screws... I didn’t remove them. I mean, I tried, but it wasn’t happening that night.

I tried a few days later and they literally came out no problem. It’s like I wasn’t using the right size or something though I swear I was.

Anyway..

I also used SuberLube Multi-Purpose grease as opposed to the White Lithium grease as intended.

Once re-done, it’s flawless. I can’t hear it over the game at all and it does seem to grip the ball better for whatever reason. I had one game where it took the ball and basically the ball rotated around the disc. I thought it was pretty cool because I hadn’t seen that before. Usually it catches and does the snake dance.

#753 4 years ago

I seriously hate to add to this thread because it’s already a shitshow, but...

My wife had a simple question while discussing the chipping issue. “Why don’t they clear-bra it like cars?”

That...actually struck me as a really good idea. Those things are thick, durable, and would probably affect gameplay less than a “floating” playfield protector would. In fact, it’s not all that different from the mylars already in place.

Is this a thing anyone has ever tried in pinball? Bad idea?

And NO Joseph, please do not take this as a suggestion that you strip your playfield and start applying XPEL to it.

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My wife had a simple question while discussing the chipping issue. “Why don’t they clear-bra it like cars?”
That...actually struck me as a really good idea. Those things are thick, durable, and would probably affect gameplay less than a “floating” playfield protector would. In fact, it’s not all that different from the mylars already in place.
And NO Joseph, please do not take this as a suggestion that you strip your playfield and start applying XPEL to it.

What would you think the difference is between the clear bra material and entire playfield protectors? I think from a practical standpoint clearbra is supposed to let things bounce off it. I think you want something harder for a playfield protector. Either way, isn't that just a playfield protector? I have one sitting here for my TOM, seems like what you/she means.

Why would any of those things protect the playfield from sharp edged posts?

#755 4 years ago

Haha I’m good!

I have now played hundreds of balls and only had the one sling escape. No idea why...

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

What would you think the difference is between the clear bra material and entire playfield protectors? I think from a practical standpoint clearbra is supposed to let things bounce off it. I think you want something harder for a playfield protector. Either way, isn't that just a playfield protector? I have one sitting here for my TOM, seems like what you/she means.
Why would any of those things protect the playfield from sharp edged posts?

The playfield protector is not adhered to the art like a clear bra would be. Also it looks like different material; clear bra stuff is a thick adhesive plastic and can be “healed” with heat where the playfield protector looks like a loose sheet of something.

I’m genuinely curious how a clearbra’d playfield would play. I certainly love the stuff on the front of my car.

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The playfield protector is not adhered to the art like a clear bra would be. Also it looks like different material; clear bra stuff is a thick adhesive plastic and can be “healed” with heat where the playfield protector looks like a loose sheet of something.
I’m genuinely curious how a clearbra’d playfield would play. I certainly love the stuff on the front of my car.

I suspect it could work. Granted I don't think it would be anymore or less protective then mylar used for years. The only fear I would have is unlike mylar which has the similar properties but I would bet the heat set would pull the art or clear coat off the playfield as steel hoods hold paint much better then wood. Mylar maintains its form when applied. I do like to see people thinking outside the box though!

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Are you on double slotted star posts or singles?
I'm on double slotted- and find them to play really nicely with the rubber at the right level with the ball.
This is an important consideration as well- plus stiffer is what I want, to help prevent sling escapes.
As for the rubber shedding- I'll monitor- but I'd think it more of a problem with posts than slings.
I could also maybe order some new black perfect plays from pinball life.
The clear Titans are a PITA because they REALLY need to be wiped down all the time.

Single. I have double but not installed as I am now awaiting JJP as they are putting together a solution. Wasted 50 bucks buying all the posts, washers, slings and postage. Anyway.

White rubber gave me 4x as many air balls as titans. Just received white super bands. Was going to give them a go.

Maybe white rubber is more bouncy than black. It does deteriorate much faster than black. I should have got smaller super bands for the star map area, that would mean rubbers only have to be swapped over once. Damn there’s another $10 postage.

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just received my POTC last Thursday. Thanks to all of you who reported the sling post issues, so I was prepared well. My POTC has the small plastics under the Posts and soem minor dent in the clearcoat, but not a chip. The dent in my opinion is due (beside the fact the the clear possibly is not dry enough) to the fact that the hole in the plastic washer is too big so that the post can move on the washer and thus is not fixed.
I documented my protection actions in the following pictures. There are 2 ations: first is substitution of the pastic washers by (self cut) own ones and second fxing the whole goup of the 3 posts by an additional protection plastic (which takes away the pressure to the ground fix by the sling rubber, which is the best protection in my opinion).
The four pictures of the removed post shows the addition of the self cut plastic washer (with a narrow hole to fit exactly to the post metall). The seize was restricted to the holes in my playfield protector; without such protector I would have used bigger plastics. Next step was to add smooth rubber below the plastic, which is available in each colour and thus fits to each section of the playfield. After installing the post you can hardly see that anything was adjusted.
For the plastic cover fix I used the so called convolux protection plastics I purchased, which already has the 2 holes and drilled a third hole for the posts not fixed in the normal cover plastic (the very right and very left ones). But basically you can use every clear plastic for this purpose. Integrating the third post in the fix is the relevant step top do. After this the yellow protection plastic absorbs the slingshot pressure so that the ground fix of the posts should more or less get no pressure at all. The single posts do not move at all and the whole group of posts is very stabil.
The last picture shows the final look. I used two colours (brown and blue) for the smooth rubbers, which are hardly noticable. The drilled third hole in the yellow plastic is hidden by the cover plastic anyway. Now I am very satisfied with the result.
Possibly an alternative to the big black starposts with the thick black rubber below. Personally I do not like that look.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think is a pretty compelling solution also! How's it working out for you so far?

Did you get the yellow plastics from somewhere specific, and what materials did you use for your blue washers?

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think is a pretty compelling solution also! How's it working out for you so far?
Did you get the yellow plastics from somewhere specific, and what materials did you use for your blue washers?

It works perfect. No sling escapes from the hammer and very few airballs.

The plastics are so called "convolux", which are offered in different colours for most of the machines (but as a complete set for many plastics in the POTC). They are offered by a German major pinball supplier, see www.freddys-pinball-paradise.de . The 2 holes in it are too wide to fix the posts. Therefore you need to put a very small plastic piece in the hole which fixes the metall from the post. It is hard to see in the pictures, but in one picture you can see the wider hole in the yellow plastic. The small piece is in that hole. A clear stripe below the yellow plastic secures this small piece from falling down out of the hole.

The soft rubbers below the (self cut) plastic washers should be available in hardware stores or other shops that offer paper, cartonage and similar goods. In Germany the material is called "Moosgummi", but that is possibly not very helpful for you.

#761 4 years ago

I just noticed that Mezel Mods has the plastic protector KIT in orange.

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Single. I have double but not installed as I am now awaiting JJP as they are putting together a solution. Wasted 50 bucks buying all the posts, washers, slings and postage. Anyway.
White rubber gave me 4x as many air balls as titans. Just received white super bands. Was going to give them a go.
Maybe white rubber is more bouncy than black. It does deteriorate much faster than black. I should have got smaller super bands for the star map area, that would mean rubbers only have to be swapped over once. Damn there’s another $10 postage.

Who told you jjp is putting a kit together ? Officially I have heard no statement yet.

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

With a wider field of gameplays now, I think the black rubber isn't tenable either. Noticed an uptick in airballs recently with the rubber. Not as crazy as maybe you saw, but its there. Going to order some new black Titans and possibly some me perfectplays, if only to see how I like the difference. Part of me is curious how the 2 1/4 titans would play on the starposts.

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What happens when it gets dirty and you can't clean it perfectly? I'd hate to try and peel that off.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What happens when it gets dirty and you can't clean it perfectly? I'd hate to try and peel that off.

While I still don't think it would work it actually peels off Very easy. I have installed this on all of my cars and it is close to bullet proof. Well, rock proof anyway...

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While I still don't think it would work it actually peels off Very easy. I have installed this on all of my cars and it is close to bullet proof. Well, rock proof anyway...

Yeah on a car it can be removed and replaced without damaging the clear. However, the removal requires steam which is not something that makes a pin happy.

#767 4 years ago

Actually, it now looks like they're both about the same. Noticed an uptick in airballs recently with the rubber. Going to order some new black Titans and possibly some me perfectplays, if only to see how I like the difference.

I got an escaped sling hammer on my double stars last night w/ titans. I’ve put on the perfect plays and we’ll see how they do.

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I got an escaped sling hammer on my double stars last night w/ titans. I’ve put on the perfect plays and we’ll see how they do.

I’m curious why we get so many more air balls with this game when we use normal rubber. I need to compare the solenoids and hammer design with my other games. Are the solenoids more powerful or is it the distance and throw of the hammer arm?

#769 4 years ago

With a wider field of gameplays now, I think the black rubber isn't tenable either. Noticed an uptick in airballs recently with the rubber. Not as crazy as maybe you saw, but its there. Going to order some new black Titans and possibly some me perfectplays, if only to see how I like the difference. Part of me is curious how the 2 1/4 titans would play on the starposts.

I will try the white super bands. Let you know how I go.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

OK, not sure if this will help but looking at the mechanics of the slings it looks like a possible simple solution to eliminate the escape hammer. The problem is many are changing the OEM plastic posts to a larger diameter which moves the sling rubber ring 1/8" plus further away from the sling arm allowing it to sweep further down and under. My suggestion would be to add 1-2 washers under each of the 4 mount holes in the (item 2) crank mtg bracket. In doing so you would pivot the arm back slightly and push it's angle back a few degrees. I would also consider Stretching the (item 6) spring to give it more rebound. All theory but I suspect it would help.

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 8.53.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-29 at 8.53.15 AM (resized).png
#771 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK, not sure if this will help but looking at the mechanics of the slings it looks like a possible simple solution to eliminate the escape hammer. The problem is many are changing the OEM plastic posts to a larger diameter which moves the sling rubber ring 1/8" plus further away from the sling arm allowing it to sweep further down and under. My suggestion would be to add 1-2 washers under each of the 4 mount holes in the (item 2) crank mtg bracket. In doing so you would pivot the arm back slightly and push it's angle back a few degrees. I would also consider Stretching the (item 6) spring to give it more rebound. All theory but I suspect it would help.[quoted image]

yeahsciencebitch.PNGyeahsciencebitch.PNG
#772 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

I so wish there was a Breaking Bad pin.... Blue ice multiball! lol

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I will try the white super bands. Let you know how I go.

Best of luck mate.

On my front, today, I removed the starposts, put back in the stock ones with the JJP washers.

Novus took out the indentations in the clear from the rubbers, which really wasn't much on my game.

Interestingly, a lot of the bloated clear around the post areas seemed to calm down from 60 or so games of even pressure from the washers and starposts.

As before, I'm one of the lucky ones (so far) that tried this switch before chipping actually occured

Anyways, Im not a science guy, but as I've seen it on my own game it's not just about sling escapes. Which was rare with the Titans on my double posts (1 in 60 plays-ish).

It's also about the airballs, which frankly the power of the sling hammer would probably have to be greatly reduced below the JJP lower limit given the diameter changes of the starposts. Same can be said probably for the sling escapes, too.

So while I do hold that the double starposts is the best fix for chipped clear games, I do now see that it's a qualified fix till a much lower sling power option is introduced, plus maybe some of the other mechs may need adjusting in the region, as the poster above has described.

Hopefully JJP will advise for the most affected- those whose games chipped before the poly washers were installed, but also be good to hear any updates for the rest of us.

IMG_20190529_115019 (resized).jpgIMG_20190529_115019 (resized).jpg

#774 4 years ago

So... how long do we wait for JJP to respond? Anyone thinking it's time to talk to Jack?

#775 4 years ago

So... how long do we wait for JJP to respond? Anyone thinking it's time to talk to Jack?

Just got word that a new solution is coming from JJP for two new washer types including new posts with wider footprint washers for damage cases and instructions for install. Just chill everyone, the announcement should come soon.

#776 4 years ago

Just got word that a new solution is coming from JJP for two new washer types including new posts with wider footprint washers for damage cases and instructions for install. Just chill everyone, the announcement should come soon.

Well that will be interesting. We know hard washers dent the playfield. Of course, we already did new posts with different kinds of washers...and instructions for install. Would be nice if the company would post this themselves, even the "coming soon" note, captive audience here and a simple presence could cull a lot of rumors and 3rd hand information. I'll wait to see..

#777 4 years ago

Well that will be interesting. We know hard washers dent the playfield. Of course, we already did new posts with different kinds of washers...and instructions for install. Would be nice if the company would post this themselves, even the "coming soon" note, captive audience here and a simple presence could cull a lot of rumors and 3rd hand information. I'll wait to see..

Still scratch my head every time I read this. ANYTHING screwed down to the playfied will leave a dent. Anything! I have restored many playfields and Every post, screw, guide, you name it leaves an imprint! Even the ball. As Cheshirefilms did, a simple metal washer should have been installed from day 1 as is used in many post locations and Hundreds of other games. Nothing new really. This all started with a hole punch type failed molded post. I did the same as Cheshirefilm and its perfect and will be for Many years for .08 cents.

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Dude.. its called mylar.

#779 4 years ago

Best of luck mate.
On my front, today, I removed the starposts, put back in the stock ones with the JJP washers.
Novus took out the indentations in the clear from the rubbers, which really wasn't much on my game.
Interestingly, a lot of the bloated clear around the post areas seemed to calm down from 60 or so games of even pressure from the washers and starposts.
As before, I'm one of the lucky ones (so far) that tried this switch before chipping actually occured
Anyways, Im not a science guy, but as I've seen it on my own game it's not just about sling escapes. Which was rare with the Titans on my double posts (1 in 60 plays-ish).
It's also about the airballs, which frankly the power of the sling hammer would probably have to be greatly reduced below the JJP lower limit given the diameter changes of the starposts. Same can be said probably for the sling escapes, too.
So while I do hold that the double starposts is the best fix for chipped clear games, I do now see that it's a qualified fix till a much lower sling power option is introduced, plus maybe some of the other mechs may need adjusting in the region, as the poster above has described.
Hopefully JJP will advise for the most affected- those whose games chipped before the poly washers were installed, but also be good to hear any updates for the rest of us.
[quoted image]

Soooooo....you're not entirely back to factory? What led you down that way, and you said you noticed washer indentations? That's why I've been reluctant in going that route.

You feel just a lower power setting would be the ultimate solution?

I kinda think the space around the posts, seems the largest issue for vibration reasons. As such I kind of think Zora has a sound idea with the smaller internal washers.

Quoted from Zora:

I just noticed that Mezel Mods has the plastic protector KIT in orange.

I actually had bought their clear one's, and they were incredibly thick. So much so I couldn't get the black spacers back in, and even on the slings, the nuts were barely able to be installed.

#780 4 years ago

Kit from JJP will include 6 star posts,plastic washers and rubber washers.... Basically similar to the fix pinsiders came up with. Info will be out very soon

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Soooooo....you're not entirely back to factory? What led you down that way, and you said you noticed washer indentations? That's why I've been reluctant in going that route.
I kinda think the space around the posts, seems the largest issue for vibration reasons. As such I kind of think Zora has a sound idea with the smaller internal washers.

I actually had bought their clear one's, and they were incredibly thick. So much so I couldn't get the black spacers back in, and even on the slings, the nuts were barely able to be installed.

I just went to the tiny clear ones JJP provided and used Novus and firm pressure to remove the very minor indentations from the rubber.

As before- it didn't leave much- though if I knew where my Quixx paste was I'd have done the job faster than Novus 2 *sigh*

Assume I'll upgrade to the new washers once they come out like everyone else here, the smaller size solution.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The main point is that the plastic has 3 holes and fixes the position of the 3 posts to avoid any pressure inwards from the sling rubber. You can use any plastic, especially a self cut one (which will be hidden below the cover plastic anyway). If your purchased plastic is too thick, take a smaller one.

#783 4 years ago

I spoke with JJP today and I kind of chuckled.

The fix from their engineering team is apparently what I already have...

Rubber/neoprene washer and star post.

Oh and $550 unpopulated PF’s as well.

I have played well over 200 games now since going this route. Zero hammer escapes and maybe one airball with sling power at the min setting. I would still like to reduce slightly if possible via a code update, still lots of action on the min setting as mentioned by someone earlier. I’d like to see as little torque applied as possible from over powered slings.

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I spoke with JJP today and I kind of chuckled.
The fix from their engineering team is apparently what I already have...
Rubber/neoprene washer and star post.
Oh and $550 unpopulated PF’s as well.
I have played well over 200 games now since going this route. Zero hammer escapes and maybe one airball with sling power at the min setting. I would still like to reduce slightly if possible via a code update, still lots of action on the min setting as mentioned by someone earlier. I’d like to see as little torque applied as possible from over powered slings.

Pinside is the engineering team. Hence the delayed response. At least your laughing.

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Pinside is the engineering team. Hence the delayed response. At least your laughing.

Yep...exactly why I laughed.

There is no doubt they are following this thread closely.

I’m just glad we were all able to help each other out to get our games playable without further damage for the time being

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep...exactly why I laughed.
There is no doubt they are following this thread closely.
I’m just glad we were all able to help each other out to get our games playable without further damage for the time being

Agreed. Pinside is an incredible resource for those looking to fix/adjust their machines.

#787 4 years ago

Been following this thread and agree with previous poster - it's a bit confusing on what to really do. Seemed double star post, but I got confused when slings still escaped so didn't really seem to be root cause. Now folks moving away back to stock? I have the small clear washers from factory on mine and do have some dimpling.

Is the JJP "kit" going to be single star posts or double I wonder...?

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

Been following this thread and agree with previous poster - it's a bit confusing on what to really do. Seemed double star post, but I got confused when slings still escaped so didn't really seem to be root cause. Now folks moving away back to stock? I have the small clear washers from factory on mine and do have some dimpling.
Is the JJP "kit" going to be single star posts or double I wonder...?

Frank @JJP told me today on the phone standard star post with two different types of washers to use depending on if you have chipping or not.
This is also a slightly different answer from what I got from him last week when I was told washers only in the kit and no post so until they shown up, take it with a grain of salt...
My machine is operating well at the moment so im happy!

#789 4 years ago

Best of luck mate.
[quoted image]

Just remember, i had hammer escapes from the standard posts.

I don’t think there is still a solution that works 100%.

We are chasing our tails.

Good luck!!

E12A8401-8E96-4472-82F3-0F9710EF833A (resized).jpegE12A8401-8E96-4472-82F3-0F9710EF833A (resized).jpeg
#790 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just remember, i had hammer escapes from the standard posts.
I don’t think there is still a solution that works 100%.
We are chasing our tails.
Good luck!![quoted image]

Possibly, but the increased incidences of airballage was getting to my nerves more than the hammer escapes. The velocity of the ball going between slingshots super quick with less clearance seemed the prime reason. I only had one sling escape in like 60 games with the double posts and the titans. I don't remember any escape on the originals, though it doesn't surprise me that it can occur.

On the original posts it was like one out of 25 games with the the starposts airballage became like one every 5.

In any event, I really hope they put in 1.0 an option to dial the slings the heck down from 16 to like....8...

#791 4 years ago

Will JJP be announcing this in an official manner with instructions, or do we all need to call in and make a personal request you think?

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Will JJP be announcing this in an official manner with instructions, or do we all need to call in and make a personal request you think?

Im sure it'll be official just like the Hobbit ramp flap fix and there will be instructions on their web site, wouldn't be surprised to see a post or two here as well to introduce us to the process.

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Still scratch my head every time I read this. ANYTHING screwed down to the playfied will leave a dent. Anything! I have restored many playfields and Every post, screw, guide, you name it leaves an imprint! Even the ball. As Cheshirefilms did, a simple metal washer should have been installed from day 1 as is used in many post locations and Hundreds of other games. Nothing new really. This all started with a hole punch type failed molded post. I did the same as Cheshirefilm and its perfect and will be for Many years for .08 cents.

The first generation LE JJP PoTC washers are clear polycarbonate and perfectly fit the form of the post. Of course they do in effect flatten the base of the post perfectly, so as to not dig into the clear. They aren't oversized metal washers like you might have thought I used. That said, seems "gen 2" washers will be the way to go once it drops from JJP.

Btw- as wild and crazy as "post-gate" has been, I must admit a bizarre sense of fun and learning with this little adventure.

#794 4 years ago

Here’s another option. I have this on Simpson’s. You can keep the small posts and add this rubber underneath to hide any damage to playfield.
AE25AF83-3208-488B-8E14-F5E4B3658750 (resized).jpegAE25AF83-3208-488B-8E14-F5E4B3658750 (resized).jpeg

It’s a thick short rubber post protector. Could solve our problems.

#795 4 years ago

In any event, I really hope they put in 1.0 an option to dial the slings the heck down from 16 to like....8...

I have resisted turning down the slings. I feel like sling power and flipper strengths are part of the designer's "vision" for how the game should play, and I really don't like to mess with that if I can help it.

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have resisted turning down the slings. I feel like sling power and flipper strengths are part of the designer's "vision" for how the game should play, and I really don't like to mess with that if I can help it.

Omg...try out Ghostbusters Premium flippers at factory settings and see the pinball explode the glass it's going so airball after it goes airborne off the right flipper/ramp combo and tell me if that vision needs dialed back a bit.. not literally but darn near almost

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree with this feeling but the thing that is really odd with this machine is that dialing it all the way down really didn’t seem to make a crazy perceptible change like I have seen on other games.

Almost like the setting adjustment doesn’t work or minimally at best.

#798 4 years ago

Omg...try out Ghostbusters Premium flippers at factory settings and see the pinball explode the glass it's going so airball after it goes airborne off the right flipper/ramp combo and tell me if that vision needs dialed back a bit.. not literally but darn near almost

Well it's no secret Ghostbusters is a complete mess.

POTC was crafted with love.

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I love my Ghostbusters. Not a mess. Packed, fun and yes waiting for a code update but awesome

I'm looking forward to just playing my POTC when it arrives.

10 yrs from now i can pull the pf and send it to Kruzman to re do if need be.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

After love creates....a mess is left behind.

Sadly, I've always found Ghostbusters to be one of Stern's more memorable recent games. It's had crazy issues, no doubt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.