(Topic ID: 242867)

PoTC - Who has playfield cracking & wear around sling posts?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,006 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinDeadHead
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What kind of issues are you seeing?”

• I have visible dimples but no chipping 47 votes
    22%
  • I can see chipping but haven't done anything yet 69 votes
    32%
  • I can see chipping and installed mylar, washer and/or larger star post 33 votes
    15%
  • My playfield looks fine (but I haven't removed the star posts) 33 votes
    15%
  • I removed the star posts and my playfield looks fine 16 votes
    7%
  • My game had clear washers installed from the factory 16 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 214 votes by 202 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg
272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
20200319_164738 (resized).jpg
AEF37959-C604-4A07-B193-2416A6A62929 (resized).jpeg
F10537D7-D970-4859-B5C9-CF482DF29BFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200320_103742 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200320_101453 (resized).jpg
917EEAC5-4AC1-4204-BDA8-5497FFCB4BAC (resized).jpeg
83458836-4863-4833-8D88-F5A9E65F9517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3627 (resized).jpeg
20200127_171934 (resized).jpg
Shocked.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
potc2_5234 (resized).jpg
3FC99A16-7187-44B6-811B-16DD827ABC65 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #306 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #1 Posted by harryhoudini (4 years ago)

Post #307 Sling Post Remediation Efforts #2 Posted by harryhoudini (4 years ago)

Post #432 Washer and Starpost Solution Posted by harryhoudini (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 61.
#1 4 years ago

****** Updated Conglomerated Post With Remediation Ideas, Pictures & Consolidated Information: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/page/7#post-4996369 - Read This First! **********

Personally, I feel like JJP isn't handling this situation in a
very customer friendly manner. As far as I know, after talking to
multiple game owners and JJP employees, no one at JJP has admitted
there is an issue or offered any response/resolution. Personally, I
have had communication with Frank at JJP whom I've sent pictures of
my machine and another random machine on route locally that both
have the same, fairly significant issue. While Frank has responded
there has been little follow-up and no tangible acceptance of an
issue or resolution. I have heard from others here who have had
similar contact with JJP without a real response. One poster noted
that they spoke with Jack about 3 months ago and he said they would
get a response, no response was had. Another has called JJP without
response. We know that JJP had an idea about this issue as they
clearly changed their manufacturing line to add in a clear washer
under the star posts at some point. While there are some methods
out there to try and prevent this issue and some to try and mask
it, there is no way to know what long term usage will look like and
how bad this will get. I can envision the worst case scenario as it
happened on my WOZ. I had several large areas of wear down to the
wood near the pop bumpers and winky target. JJP produced and *sold*
a decal set to cover these areas, but my playfield is now messed up
with stickers and will never be the same.

I feel like JJP owes us some response and resolution in the
matter and maybe if enough people come forward they will be forced
to comment. Attached are pictures of both my playfield and of the
playfield near me on route. Let's hear about your issue, see some
pictures and get a bit of an idea of how many have this issue.

Mine:
Example of one post, similar
issues on othersExample of one post, similar issues on others

Local Router:
TripleKnock (resized).jpgTripleKnock (resized).jpg
Triple2 (resized).jpgTriple2 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Personally, I reported this issue to Shannan who forward my email to Frank who replied on 4/26 thanking me for the pictures and asking a few questions (were the balls worn, etc). I replied and didn't hear back. I contacted again on 5/2 asking for any updated information while also providing pictures of the locally routed game and on 5/3 Frank said he would get me an answer, but nothing has come in since.

#3 4 years ago

Here is mine, beautiful isn’t it?

The bad one is lower left sling post chipped with a nice hangnail of more art about to come off.

Third photo top left sling post, cracked clear and separated but not gone yet.

Remaining photos are from right side sling posts and all exhibit various levels or rippling and bubbling don’t see any cracking yet but I didn’t remove those either so who knows.

FDB79A57-3EB0-45E4-A4BA-066ACEC99004 (resized).jpegFDB79A57-3EB0-45E4-A4BA-066ACEC99004 (resized).jpeg7034982E-2EA8-4611-9845-7E4ACD71B9B1 (resized).jpeg7034982E-2EA8-4611-9845-7E4ACD71B9B1 (resized).jpegC21F2F66-3765-4043-ACE7-70255EA6F3E0 (resized).jpegC21F2F66-3765-4043-ACE7-70255EA6F3E0 (resized).jpegEF5A21B8-89BB-4A75-A48A-0E76DDFD6BB4 (resized).jpegEF5A21B8-89BB-4A75-A48A-0E76DDFD6BB4 (resized).jpegA22DE154-C005-4F1A-9C63-4CF5C88FB7C0 (resized).jpegA22DE154-C005-4F1A-9C63-4CF5C88FB7C0 (resized).jpeg
#4 4 years ago

Here is a picture of the star post lip from my game, no washers were installed from the factory.

0429191432 (resized).jpg0429191432 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Here is a picture of the star post lip from my game, no washers were installed from the factory.
[quoted image]

Yep my posts have sharp edges and burrs in spots, very poor quality post in my opinion. Plus they torqued the shit out of them causing them to sink into the clear!

If these weren’t like this who knows if this would have happened.

I still think a wider base post from day 1 that actually was flat and smooth on bottom would have been the safest course of action by the factory.

#6 4 years ago

Definitely. Sort of harkens to the quality of the action button.

#7 4 years ago

FYI, I contacted Mirco with the details of this thread. Not sure if they are at fault at all, if JJP has contacted them, etc. but I figured they should be aware and maybe we can get any feedback they have.

#8 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the wood PF is sealed before it is painted and cleared? If sealer doesn’t totally dry before paint and clear are applied it could be easy for paint to lift off PF. Especially if the clear is soft and allows movement in the clear.

#9 4 years ago

FYI, I contacted Mirco with the details of this thread. Not sure if they are at fault at all, if JJP has contacted them, etc. but I figured they should be aware and maybe we can get any feedback they have.

Did you speak with someone?

#10 4 years ago

Here are my slings same issue, early build.
My supplier was notified within a week of owning the game.
They told me JJP isn't doing anything about it, or for the customer.

I have bought every JJP game up until this one.
Will pass on the next title.

IMG_4479 (resized).JPGIMG_4479 (resized).JPGIMG_4480 (resized).JPGIMG_4480 (resized).JPG
#11 4 years ago

Guess I am the original reporting this a month after the game was released. Worked with Mirco, worked with Jack, neither offered anything to remediate.

Both sides on the bottom. A star post at each and some sealer seems to have helped.

07AEB932-CECC-4B0D-912D-A2CD95AF0395 (resized).jpeg07AEB932-CECC-4B0D-912D-A2CD95AF0395 (resized).jpeg235F4E39-4927-40B1-BB0E-5BA1ADBECC1D (resized).jpeg235F4E39-4927-40B1-BB0E-5BA1ADBECC1D (resized).jpeg621260B4-58CC-4B67-AF60-8AD9E05EAF9B (resized).jpeg621260B4-58CC-4B67-AF60-8AD9E05EAF9B (resized).jpeg
#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you speak with someone?

I had a prior conversation going on with them on Facebook messenger so I just replied to that. They were very responsive prior so I don't have any concern about them not seeing it. If they will show up here and/or comment back to me we will see. I feel bad putting them in the position but I think they should know and be able to respond. If it is JJPs fault and nothing to do with Mirco I would think they would want to let everyone know that.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Guess I am the original reporting this a month after the game was released. Worked with Mirco, worked with Jack, neither offered anything to remediate.
Both sides on the bottom. A star post at each and some sealer seems to have helped.

Thanks for following up, I didn't want to call anyone out specifically but glad you posted your story. I don't know if it is time to start hounding JJP or not but bringing everyone together in this thread might be a good start.

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for following up, I didn't want to call anyone out specifically but glad you posted your story. I don't know if it is time to start hounding JJP or not but bringing everyone together in this thread might be a good start.

Yeah, I must admit I don’t know that I will do another NIB. It was a stretch for me to spend the extra cash on a JJP. Then to have this happen was painful to watch. I give it to Mirco, they did reach out right away and they said they were going to talk to Jack about it. But then nothing. Refused all offers to remediate.

#15 4 years ago

Geez...hope I don’t need to involve my attorney.

#16 4 years ago

What kind of remediation efforts would be satisfactory? Someone mentioned playfields at cost, not knowing what that would be seems like it might not be of interest to everyone. Especially doing the swap. I can't really imagine what would help, aside from a new playfield. Decals in that area seem likely to fail and if the larger star posts start having issue we'll have bigger (literally) problems on our hands.

#17 4 years ago

What kind of remediation efforts would be satisfactory? Someone mentioned playfields at cost, not knowing what that would be seems like it might not be of interest to everyone. Especially doing the swap. I can't really imagine what would help, aside from a new playfield. Decals in that area seem likely to fail and if the larger star posts start having issue we'll have bigger (literally) problems on our hands.

Honestly not sure but if it were just a handful of people having this issue then new playfields really wouldn’t be that big of a deal.
I have a hunch this is going to be a widespread issue.

#18 4 years ago

Not good at all!!!

Looks like cannon fire on this title.

Am nervous now to take a close look at my WOZ in fear of seeing this.
Been giving a mate a million questions on the Star post issue on TNA. Not stopped me from buying one last week.

Yes seeing wear is not great and the company’s need to pause and review what’s gone wrong. I get more annoyed that don’t say “hey we are trying this because we had some that did this.”

Come on, Announce they have changed to putting washers under posts or removing art from that area. Run tests to make sure the coatings not destroying the rubber or plastic.
Word gets out and having threads putting people of buying new pinballs from any supplier is not good long term!

#19 4 years ago

Yeah these are some pretty gnarly photos for a bunch of 10k dollar machines that are roughly 7 month old or less.

#20 4 years ago

Personally, I feel like JJP isn't handling this situation in a very customer friendly manner. As far as I know, after talking to multiple game owners and JJP employees, no one at JJP has admitted there is an issue or offered any response/resolution. Personally, I have had communication with Frank at JJP whom I've sent pictures of my machine and another random machine on route locally that both have the same, fairly significant issue. While Frank has responded there has been little follow-up and no tangible acceptance of an issue or resolution. I have heard from others here who have had similar contact with JJP without a real response. One poster noted that they spoke with Jack about 3 months ago and he said they would get a response, no response was had. Another has called JJP without response. We know that JJP had an idea about this issue as they clearly changed their manufacturing line to add in a clear washer under the star posts at some point. While there are some methods out there to try and prevent this issue and some to try and mask it, there is no way to know what long term usage will look like and how bad this will get. I can envision the worst case scenario as it happened on my WOZ. I had several large areas of wear down to the wood near the pop bumpers and winky target. JJP produced and *sold* a decal set to cover these areas, but my playfield is now messed up with stickers and will never be the same.
I feel like JJP owes us some response and resolution in the matter and maybe if enough people come forward they will be forced to comment. Attached are pictures of both my playfield and of the playfield near me on route. Let's hear about your issue, see some pictures and get a bit of an idea of how many have this issue.
Mine:
[quoted image]
Local Router:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You should remove the tortuga vuk image. Sorry but vuk hole wear is normal. Especially on a routed machine.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Geez...hope I don’t need to involve my attorney.

This doesn’t help. Let’s not get ridiculous. At best JJP offers to ship a new playfield if yours is truly so horrendous so as to warrant that. A playfield that costs less than a lawyer by the way.

In most cases though sending new posts or washers or Mylar is an acceptable solution. Hardly worth paying an attorney. I think JJP should offer that.

For me personally I don’t really care. I got a little chipping around my posts initially and after 1000 plays of doing nothing it hasn’t gotten any worse.

#22 4 years ago

This is a quality issue from what I'm reading. Some posts used have a protruding edge, image below is a closeup from the one above, this is why the issue hasn't occurred on all games. Any playfield using a post like below will end up having the post dig into the clear.

JJP has used similar designed post for years without issue so what changed? Did JJP change post manufacturers or did the existing manufacturer change the design? I really hope JJP didn't change post manufacturers to save 25 cents per game as at today's prices there's no excuse for cuts in quality. My 2/4 build date posts are smooth on the bottom and came with plastic washers installed from the factory so JJP realized they needed to do something.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#23 4 years ago

If JJP had the option to get a better clear for an add on, i'd probably have paid for that.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This doesn’t help. Let’s not get ridiculous. At best JJP offers to ship a new playfield if yours is truly so horrendous so as to warrant that. A playfield that costs less than a lawyer by the way.
In most cases though sending new posts or washers or Mylar is an acceptable solution. Hardly worth paying an attorney. I think JJP should offer that.
For me personally I don’t really care. I got a little chipping around my posts initially and after 1000 plays of doing nothing it hasn’t gotten any worse.

I was being somewhat sarcastic and I did preface it by saying I hope it wouldn’t come to that but there are several who have said JJP offered no solution. Basically your problem go pound sand it sounds.

Discs, washers etc... are fine for those without or only minimal damage but what am I to do with the large hangnail just floating there? This SOB Is about to start peeling like an onion. A washer sure isn’t going to cover it and keep it there and Mylar sure as hell isnt going to help either. So seriously, wtf?

#25 4 years ago

I feel bad for those with these PF issues. Let’s be honest the PF is the heart of every pinball machine. This is not a “ oh well that’s pinball” moment.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I feel bad for those with these PF issues. Let’s be honest the PF is the heart of every pinball machine. This is not a “ oh well that’s pinball” moment.

Lol...almost an exact quote from Jack.

#27 4 years ago

Game on location here in Chapel Hill (@ Boxcar) has chipping on playfield and at starposts

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:I was being somewhat sarcastic and I did preface it by saying I hope it wouldn’t come to that but there are several who have said JJP offered no solution. Basically your problem go pound sand it sounds.
Discs, washers etc... are fine for those without or only minimal damage but what am I to do with the large hangnail just floating there? This SOB Is about to start peeling like an onion. A washer sure isn’t going to cover it and keep it there and Mylar sure as hell isnt going to help either. So seriously, wtf?

Sounds like yours is pretty bad. Do you have pics? Just curious. In your case if it’s really bad I’d expect a free replacement PF.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Sounds like yours is pretty bad. Do you have pics? Just curious. In your case if it’s really bad I’d expect a free replacement PF.

Post #3 first two pics are worst and in the second pic you can see the cleft/flap that is lifted/separated but still sort of there.
The others are just rippled/starting to crack.
I just want them to give some guidance on how to get this thing to a state where I’m not worried about the whole area flaking off.
I don’t think I’m asking for too much.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You should remove the tortuga vuk image. Sorry but vuk hole wear is normal. Especially on a routed machine.

Ah but that's chipping, not normal wear from a ball rolling over repeatedly. Seems somewhat related in that way.

#31 4 years ago

I didn’t have chipping, but I thought I should do some preventative maintenance. JJ sent me 6 washers and the plan was to still use the smaller posts with these washers and 16mm Mylar circles underneath. Problem was as soon as I removed the posts saw this:

Pic one and 2 show both sling sections. Note the bit of Playfield that chipped off in pic 1. Pic 3 is my lower left post. Pic 4 is my middle left post. It has been driven in 2mm into the play field. It is down into the wood. Pic 5 is lower right post. As others have mentioned since the posts are sitting lower than the clear coat,any bump is going to lift and crack the clear coat around it. So I believe as others have done to get a hole punch of at least 25mm to stick Mylar circles around these holes and then use a star post. And don’t over tighten.

9846062C-8755-4C22-A115-8D8531108F31 (resized).jpeg9846062C-8755-4C22-A115-8D8531108F31 (resized).jpegDA96F741-2EEA-427B-ABCF-54B7BD858388 (resized).jpegDA96F741-2EEA-427B-ABCF-54B7BD858388 (resized).jpeg8C60D9FF-12D1-4C5D-BA8A-D88BA8E98560 (resized).jpeg8C60D9FF-12D1-4C5D-BA8A-D88BA8E98560 (resized).jpeg6FA73F93-41E4-4EA6-A966-FE23C7951AE3 (resized).jpeg6FA73F93-41E4-4EA6-A966-FE23C7951AE3 (resized).jpegDE13B564-C3FA-43A0-8392-5514C5021E43 (resized).jpegDE13B564-C3FA-43A0-8392-5514C5021E43 (resized).jpeg
#32 4 years ago

Here is what happened when I tried to use original posts with washers and 16mm Mylar discs. The chipping became apparent when I removed the post and the Mylar won’t sit flat because the post sits below the clearcoat.

6C525619-A35A-417F-9226-66AEF5D4BE70 (resized).jpeg6C525619-A35A-417F-9226-66AEF5D4BE70 (resized).jpeg

#33 4 years ago

I had this happening recently on a spooky and stern game, both playfields were replaced FOC with a fully populated playfield by Stern and Spooky.

Class acts and top notch service!

Reading this makes me never want to buy a JJP game...they’re more than expensive enough to expect great customer care too....

#34 4 years ago

Sigh. Thanks for that info.

#35 4 years ago

This thread has me feeling a little nauseous this morning, I sure hope JJP does the right thing to help y'all out. These games are way too expensive for this kind of visible issue to be acceptable IMO.

#36 4 years ago

I get my POTC LE next week and therefore follow the slingshot/clearcoat issues with interest. Some thoughts from my side:

1. The whole issue is due to a bad construction of JJP. The playfield should have small holes in the playfield, in which the posts sit, so not on the clear, but in the wood. That would have prevented chipping even with sharp small posts. My Stern ST has this in the slingshot area.

2. The role of the slingshot plastics is not yet discussed. These plastics at least assist in the stability of the posts, they might be able to prevent strong pressure inwards from the sling movement if the plastics holes are properly drilled (without major space). Assuming that the chips result from the slingshot pressure inwards, a plastic can avoid this pressure if put on with slight pressure to the posts outwards (as a counter pressure to the sling pressure during gameplay). I will check the plastics when getting my LE and think of adding a clear hard plactics piece under the JJP plastics with individually drilled holes to create this counter pressure.

3. The whole group of slingshot posts are not constructed very well, because the cover plastics are connected with 2 posts only and not to the third, which has to bear the inward pressure without plastics counter assistance.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Here is what happened when I tried to use original posts with washers and 16mm Mylar discs. The chipping became apparent when I removed the post and the Mylar won’t sit flat because the post sits below the clearcoat.
[quoted image]

You really need to send these photos to Frank @ JJP.

The more of that voice our displeasure and wave the BS flag the more likely they will come to a good solution.

The outcome of how they handle this will surely determine whether I buy another one of their machines, period!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The outcome of how they handle this will surely determine
whether I buy another one of their machines, period!

It's not specific to JJP, see the TNA thread. I'm really not concerned about this myself, since the damage was easily hidden with a post swap. Life is too short to freak out about this, and the game is so fun to play that it's hard to be upset about any of it.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

1. The whole issue is due to a bad construction of JJP. The playfield should have small holes in the playfield, in which the posts sit, so not on the clear, but in the wood. That would have prevented chipping even with sharp small posts. My Stern ST has this in the slingshot area.

Can you post a pic of this? I've never heard of a game ever having holes in the clear for posts

#40 4 years ago

Ah but that's chipping, not normal wear from a ball rolling over
repeatedly. Seems somewhat related in that way.

But that happens with VUKs if you don't maintain the machine
well or the machine just gets a ton of use like on route.
Look atthe HEP thread where he's restoring pins, or look at most any
restore thread. I think you should focus on the posts issue
and not include the VUK pic you posted of a routed machine,
or it discredits your concern about the post issue. You're taking
something not normal (posts issue) and combining it with something
normal (vuk wear on routed machine) and trying to say it's the same
issue.

edit: why the heck did pinside add a bunch of returns and format my post all weird lol?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not specific to JJP, see the TNA thread. I'm really not
concerned about this myself, since the damage was easily hidden
with a post swap. Life is too short to freak out about this, and
the game is so fun to play that it's hard to be upset about any of
it.

I get it...not in issue for you and that is great but I’m not you.

It is my understanding that spooky has replaced pf’s and in my particular case the star posts I ordered aren’t hiding and stopping the peeling. Your fortunate to only have a small chip I guess. Many of the folks who posted pics, a star post will not cover and stop further erosion of clear coat and art.

#42 4 years ago

On my game I noticed the clearcoat/art starts to wrinkle around
those starposts as well. I didn't touch it yet. Looks like it will
start to flake off pretty soon.

It's not that easily noticable, so not the biggest issue for me.
However, I'd like to prevent the flaking from getting more serious.
Bigger starposts just do more damage, from what I read...

#43 4 years ago

Two issues here. Obviosly the bottom of the posts should be flat
as others have pointed out. And without a doubt the hole thru the
wood for the screw itself is WAY too big, so these post have
hardly any bearing when tourqued down, thus putting all the pressure
on the edge of the hole

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I get it...not in issue for you and that is great but I’m not
you.
It is my understanding that spooky has replaced pf’s and in
my
particular case the star posts I ordered aren’t hiding and
stopping
the peeling. Your fortunate to only have a small chip I
guess. Many
of the folks who posted pics, a star post will not cover and
stop
further erosion of clear coat and art.

yep, you have to get it right away. I got my LE at Allentown and
had more standard star posts installed with washers
underneath within a week -- so I'm fine. Some of this damage from y'all looks like not an easy fix/if at all.

#45 4 years ago

From what I can tell these skinny posts are used in the chapter select area, behind the pops as well and don’t see the rippling or impressions in the clear.

There is one star post that also doesn’t seem to exhibit this wear from what I can see.

So it makes me wonder, is this style of post even suitable for the slings?

Could the amount of power in the slings also be a contributing factor, I know I had to dial mine back quite a bit as they were creating some wild ball action.

Could the power and the fact that the third post doesn’t help support the sling setup be a weakness too?

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This is a quality issue from what I'm reading. Some posts used have a protruding edge, image below is a closeup from the one above, this is why the issue hasn't occurred on all games. Any playfield using a post like below will end up having the post dig into the clear.
JJP has used similar designed post for years without issue so what changed? Did JJP change post manufacturers or did the existing manufacturer change the design? I really hope JJP didn't change post manufacturers to save 25 cents per game as at today's prices there's no excuse for cuts in quality. My 2/4 build date posts are smooth on the bottom and came with plastic washers installed from the factory so JJP realized they needed to do something.
[quoted image]

LOL if this were a Stern game you would be on a Stern cost cut rant for such a small run this does not seem to be a small issue

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL if this were a Stern game you would be on a Stern cost cut
rant for such a small run this does not seem to be a small
issue

Could this be a contributing factor as to why they shut it down so abruptly? I don’t personally buy the lack of parts excuse.

Anyone with a CE having cracking and chipping PF’s?

#48 4 years ago

I suggest changing the title of this thread:

1. Remove mention of "dimples" as that is a standard unavoidable pinball issue.
2. Replace "star" with "sling" as the default sling posts are the ones we're discussing, right?

#49 4 years ago

Check out the uneven sharp edge on this post that caused my damage.

Talk about poor quality

8865CBDE-D224-4FA5-ADD5-0384B7CC3997 (resized).jpeg8865CBDE-D224-4FA5-ADD5-0384B7CC3997 (resized).jpeg
#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Could this be a contributing factor as to why they shut it down
so abruptly? I don’t personally buy the lack of parts excuse.
Anyone with a CE having cracking and chipping PF’s?

I have a CE that I received on April 2, 2019 that has the washers already installed.

IMG_5181 (resized).jpgIMG_5181 (resized).jpgIMG_5182 (resized).jpgIMG_5182 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 3,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.