• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0015.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Which machine is worth more? SpiderMan 2007 or Pirates Carribean 2006

Assume both are HUO and standard factory setup.

#3 9 years ago

SM for sure.

#5 9 years ago

Spider-Man definitely. Thre is more demand for the title therefore prices will be higher.

#6 9 years ago

Also, what are they worth? What would you pay?

#7 9 years ago

SM: 5-6K depending on condition/mods.
PoTC: $3K, on a good day? Not very interested in that one I admit. It has its cool parts, and other parts that seem like they would get real old real fast at home.

Note: these are what I would pay; I put my money where my mouth is for SM and bought one last summer.

#8 9 years ago

I bought POTC NIB and would go with ST. PoTC is great, but gets old quick and ST has great call outs, depth, and shots.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

I bought POTC NIB and would go with ST. PoTC is great, but gets old quick and ST has great call outs, depth, and shots.

Are you answering your own question? I thought this was SM vs. PoTC?

If I am inserting random games, buy IM

#10 9 years ago

SM by a mile. $4200-6000 on the Spiderman, $3600-$4500 on POTC.

#11 9 years ago

POTC is a fun pin, but it's no SM. If money is not an issue, SM all the way.

#13 9 years ago

POTC is a snoozefest!

#14 9 years ago

SM is worth more. But I would rather play POTC.

#15 9 years ago

thanks for the input so far!

#16 9 years ago

Don't be crazee. Go SM.

#17 9 years ago

I like both I own potc. Depends on collection size. Potc is not as bad as most say. They think just shoot the ship. Same with afm or mm u can just shoot the ship or the castle but there is more to it than that.

#18 9 years ago

SM is worth more if both in similar condition by about $700-900.

Owned both. IMO SM is the better pin by a wide margin. Great layout that encourages flow, fun theme and toys with a great rule set. SM is one of the best. That said go with whichever you personally like better.

#19 9 years ago

I think a similar condition Spider Man is worth at least $500 more. It's also much more of a keeper. POTC is good. SM is great.

#21 9 years ago
#22 9 years ago

SM for sure.

#23 9 years ago

Definitely Spidey! Had it, sold it after 3 years, already want it back.

#24 9 years ago

Spiderman...hands down no contest blowout, not even close...

#25 9 years ago

Not even close, SM has got to be worth at least $1000 more in the same HUO condition.

#26 9 years ago

SM is worth more, I have both, I actually am keeping POTC and SM will be leaving... Personal preference, I just really like POTC and could never get that into SM....

#27 9 years ago

Funny how people start giving their opinion on which is the better playing pin and telling the OP which one to get when he never asked about that. He was only asking for values and which is worth more.

For same condition I'd say SM is worth about $1000 more than PotC

#28 9 years ago

Spider -Man $ 5,000.00

100_0015.JPG100_0015.JPG
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny how people start giving their opinion on which is the better playing pin and telling the OP which one to get when he never asked about that. He was only asking for values and which is worth more.
For same condition I'd say SM is worth about $1000 more than PotC

I think because the title of the thread is "POTC vs SpiderMan - need your OPINION", and usually price does correlate with the better game being the one that is worth more in most cases...

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Think the OP might have revised his post. I think the original question was more on the lines of which to get. Either that or I was very drunk and don't remember drinking

#31 9 years ago
#32 9 years ago

Pirates is slower and more methodical. Spiderman is one of the best flow games you will find. Figure out which side of your tastes end up on and go with that. Personally I'd go with POTC because it's cheaper, but that's really only because I know local players with Spiderman machines that I can play and not have to worry about owning. I don't really know anyone around here that has a Pirates.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Philk:

Think the OP might have revised his post. I think the original question was more on the lines of which to get. Either that or I was very drunk and don't remember drinking

U had one to many, no changes were made.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Quit changing your story!

Is both an option? I own SM and after recently playing POTC I thought it was a lot of fun and I'm keeping an eye out for one.

#35 9 years ago

LOL, if I had some extra coin I would pickup a POTC. Just bought SM. Also, I have not found a decent priced HUO POTC other than the one currently posted in Texas. Anyone have one for 3500? Ccfries might buy.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Haha I didn't have any that's the worst part! Good luck with your new pickup!

#37 9 years ago

SM no comparison. Dont care for POTC at all. Probably the longest you all modern Sterns that you have to wait for a ball to be returned in play between all of its shots. Ok to play on location, boring in a home collection.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

SM no comparison. Dont care for POTC at all. Probably the longest you all modern Sterns that you have to wait for a ball to be returned in play between all of its shots. Ok to play on location, boring in a home collection.

Completely non responsive to the OP's question.

Again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-vs-spiderman-need-your-opinion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.