$_12 (5).JPG
2502122_1_l.jpg
9336796_1.jpg
$(KGrHqNHJB8FGtD1Sd1OBRzbYNgrP!~~60_12.JPG
#1 9 years ago

hello i build this topper (5:50 on the video) :

if some one see this in the past...

i want to build very special topper to potc. this is what i want to build:

closed treasure chest in the middle of the backbox (on top). when you have heart multiball or when you open the treasure chest on the playfield. the big treasure chest topper opens with lights and smoke.... in the 2 sides of the treasure chest you have 2 cannons. when you hit the ship or when you get jackpot or extra ball you have smoke and lights from the 2 cannons on the sides in the left and the right sides (like real fire cannon). i put a video of something i build before 5 years but in the potc no snake like in the video hahahaha all the inside of the treasure chest is full with pirate coins from the movie and like the trasure chest on the playfield i put here some videos and pics so please tell me what you think about it.... thank you and sorry about my poor english

$_12 (2).JPG$_12 (2).JPG$_12 (3).JPG$_12 (3).JPG$_12 (4).JPG$_12 (4).JPG$_12 (5).JPG$_12 (5).JPG9336796_1.jpg9336796_1.jpg2502122_1_l.jpg2502122_1_l.jpg$(KGrHqNHJB8FGtD1Sd1OBRzbYNgrP!~~60_12.JPG$(KGrHqNHJB8FGtD1Sd1OBRzbYNgrP!~~60_12.JPG

#3 9 years ago

Sounds cool!....and complicated. If you did that Star Wars topper I'm sure you can make your plan work on PotC also. Good luck.

#4 9 years ago

Are you using a telescoping car antennae motor, triggered by some flasher that activates the motor. I assume the same technique to open the trunk or raise the snake head.in the chest ..very cool btw. .i love thinking outside the box

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Are you using a telescoping car antennae motor, triggered by some flasher that activates the motor. I assume the same technique to open the trunk or raise the snake head.in the chest ..very cool btw. .i love thinking outside the box

no... the darth vader is not a telescoping car antennae motor (because this is heavy mask!) and its work with very special and smart electronic board i made. no flasher! the antennae motor using in the darth vader only for the wires, for the led and to the speaker. and for the smoke jet and water jet pipe tube. to open the trunk i am using with 2 motor or pnaumatic air system like in the darth vader! the snake head also no telescoping car antennae motor. i am special effects man and animatronic builder. you can see my work in my facebook thank you!
and i have copyright on my mods so dont make them or copy!!!!

lior rajwan

#6 9 years ago

Good Stuff man, I love your work. I cant wait to see what else you come up with. Your stuff is way outta my league , no worries

#7 9 years ago

I have the same chest. It's a DVD player, with remote!

#8 9 years ago

i make now 3 different topper for the potc and 1 to apollo 13 and one in totan. i finish this in 2-4 month and i put here a video and photos. i have another cooool idea for the potc with smokw jet. if some one want to see al the Steps of the build you can join to my facebook: lior rajwan. and see more mods and special effects. and yes the chest is dvd\cd player but i make new one....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-topper-with-special-effects and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.