• 53 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by thewool
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the best way to solve JJP POTC removal of main spinning discs?”

• JJP proposal: Pizza of the Caribbean - big disc with option of extra cheese in outer crust 46 votes
    19%
  • Aurich's good idea (see thread) 52 votes
    21%
  • TheFamilyArcade's good idea - Keep the hardware as is (just slow moving) and incorporate it into gameplay 146 votes
    60%

(244 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0210 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206.GIF
frisbee-gif-6.gif
il_570xN.483829270_cctk (resized).jpg
THUMBS-UP-CASEAR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

I like this thread!

One way or another, I really hope JJP gets this right. Their reveal was so inspired. The machine looked soooooooo good. And now rancor and uncertainty and disappointment.

Pinball is hard, I guess.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Thanks for all your votes everyone! I thought it might be a joke at first but by the looks of yesterday's video JJP seem adamant to proceed down this ridiculous strip and rush path. At least we left a record of what we would have actually wanted from a company commited to reaching the potential of this pin.
Thanks again to Aurich and TheFamilyArcade for caring so much to give these great suggestions but you can only lead a horse to water they say. I wish everyone would understand that it's because of our love for JJP and pinball in general that we criticize and offer suggestions but in the end it's clear that they don't care what their devoted fans want.
And looks like Jack can't even show his face - this is definately a first and a sign that all is not well at JJP with no sign of leadership to be found. He'll probably show up in a few weeks after Eric had taken the brunt. What a difference a week makes - how quickly you can flush what you've built up for years.
Anyway, still hope everything works out well in the future for everyone but I am so out that I can't even read about this anymore or watch videos that seem like funeral processions.
To those of you still in - thanks for helping float this ship until Toy Story but you won't see me compromise like this for a 9000 US toy. The other side is that you may be supporting being treated like this and send a message that we just don't care and buy anything. It's like buying a new car, finding out they couldn't figure out the air conditioning, buying it anyway and then driving around like some chump for years - I just have enough self respect that I will run from this like I would from a house fire. And what does it say that they care so little they can't even close a trunk.
In summary, if I pay that much for a pin I want a full realization of a dream not a permanent reminder of failure in my row of pins.
Anyway I'm done with this - wish you all the best. I'm off to play some pinball and have some fun again

We tried.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-save-the-3-disks-poll?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.