5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinokieyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hello
    In my pirates of the Caribbean pinball the problem is it does not save the settings I make, like the free play, etc ... every time it closes makes a reset settings. there is no battery problem because the scores saves them normally. What it can be?

#2 5 years ago

I updated the system in V.60 and system 1.38 but nothing. the problem ισ still does not save the settings
    scores saved normally...

Any help please?

1 week later
    #3 5 years ago

I just shopped a POTC. Mine is doing the same. I replaced the coin battery and no help. just read on a totc board that a similar problem was happening to another user and he said replacing the diode on D25 and fixed his. I'll check mine out this weekend and see if that helps. please post if you find something different.

#4 5 years ago

sorry tftc post here it is

Just a update on the solving of this issue.

I've replaced the diode on D25 and all is well again.
    Apparently this can be a common fault on DE games

Scotto

#5 5 years ago

oops!!! Nevermind! I've got data east on my mind at the moment. please ignore my post. lol! but i'll be looking into this soon and when I find the answer i'll let you know too.

#6 5 years ago

So this morning I started looking into this. I couldn't find much on the forums. I decided to try to reload the system files. went to stern website and loaded english/spanish version onto jump drive. went through the upgrade steps. when I got to the part where I should have selected the firmware to load, the process in the service menu reset to the beginning without upgrading or processing as far as I could tell. I tried this three or four times with the same results. It never seemed to load anything new. I assumed it was registering that the firmware was the same so it just kicked back to the start. anyway, I pulled out the usb and flipped switch 8 back off. I power cycled the game. I went into the settings and turned it to free play. I exited the service menu by selecting quit instead of pressing the back button. I played a game, power cycled it again, and the free play mode stayed set. I turned it off for two hours and restarted it and it still is on free play. So far this seems to have worked for me. I'm not sure which part fixed it, maybe just selecting quit instead of pushing back to exit the dx menu, but i know I did that before. I'll leave it off until this evening and check again. hope this works!

#7 5 years ago

Turned it on this morning and the settings and a high score I set last night have all stayed saved. Hope this helps you get yours going as well. Good luck!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-save-settings-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.