(Topic ID: 268069)

POTC Rerun Petition

By Cobyville

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

You want to see this game remade? Please sign the petition and make your voice heard.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/do-you-want-jpp-to-make-another-run-of-potc

#2 3 years ago

Signed up

#3 3 years ago

Can’t sign up, but you can buy my CE for $25,000

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:Can’t sign up, but you can buy my CE for $25,000

#5 3 years ago

Come on people!

#7 3 years ago

Signed. I want this to be my first Pin!!!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

you can buy my CE for $25,000

Or my SE for $10,000.

#9 3 years ago

Why did JJP stop making it? Who pulled the plug.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Why did JJP stop making it? Who pulled the plug.

From recent interview w/ Buffalo Pinball on why Jersey Jack Pinball stopped building Pirates of the Caribbean:

Keith: ‘So the reason it got cut off was at the time there was no demand for Pirates. Everyone was getting near the end of what they were selling, and because of chest-gate and disc-gate everyone was like “oh I don’t really want this game anymore”…eventually it got out and people realized it was a good game. But as you’re using up the parts to make games, at some point you have to make a decision – are we going to buy more parts for a game we don’t have any orders for? Or are we going to start a new game that has a really good license and you know that you’re going to sell at a minimum way more than your probably going to build of the other game. So that was the reason. There were no orders and no demand [for Pirates of the Caribbean]. And once we said we’re done with it, then of course demand went through the roof. But at the time there was no demand, so we moved on to Willy Wonka. It was absolutely the right decision to make.‘

#11 3 years ago

We don’t need a petition, if JJP is foolish enough to refuse to produce another 500 games, then there is no hope for them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-rerun-petition?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.