Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by planters49
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have played a few different Pirates on location and I've always wondered....when the ball feeds down from the right orbit, is it SUPPOSED to hit the top of the right slingshot and get out of control, or is it supposed to feed inside of the slingshot and onto the flipper? Also, when you shoot Tortuga and the ball feeds out around the left orbit, is it supposed to hit the top of the left slingshot? Is there anything the operator can do to fix this?

#2 6 years ago

I find on my POTC, more so than any other game I have, shots hit the slings. Both left and right orbits often end up hitting them. More randomness in this sense than other games. I don't think what you are experiencing is out of the norm.

Very different feel to POTC than other games I have played. You have to get used to it a bit, but it works in a medium sized collection for sure.

#3 6 years ago

can anybody else comment on this?

#5 6 years ago

No, mine feeds to the flipper down the face of the sling itself. I check the levelling and then see if you can adjust either the top sling post or the guide.

#6 6 years ago

Mine does the same thing, I replaced the top posts on the slings on both sides with double star posts to slow the wear on the rubber and to give it a little more bounce when I bump the game.
If it really bothers you then you can tweak the metal guide at the end of the jackpot lanes out a taste to roll the ball down the face of the slings.

#7 6 years ago

I have my machine leveled perfectly and the ball does hit the top of the right slingshot. The same thing happens on two other machines I have played.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside