(Topic ID: 216996)

POTC Prototype now on the Showroom Floor at GEX!

By Gexchange

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Gexchange
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

We have a POTC Prototype (3 Disk) now on our showroom floor from now until showdown! Don't want to wait in line to play at the show come play it here!

JJ

#2 5 years ago

Another chance to see what you're not going to get.

#3 5 years ago

Why would they have a machine for a potential customer to play that wouldn’t even be the same version that’s for sale?? That makes no sense.

#4 5 years ago

Can I buy it from you? The only POTC I’m interested in buying has the three spinning discs.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

The only POTC I’m interested in buying has the three spinning discs.

Which may not be supported in software updates. Consider that when purchasing a prototype.

LTG : )

#6 5 years ago

I think they should get some of the new style machines out to distros for play before they ship them, asap!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think they should get some of the new style machines out to distros for play before they ship them, asap!

I agree. Putting out a Corvette to drive but when the car gets delivered it's a Camaro.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Why would they have a machine for a potential customer to play that wouldn’t even be the same version that’s for sale?? That makes no sense.

They made a dozen or so of these prototypes. And the cat is out of the bag so to speak about the changes. They had to do something with them. Making them available to shows and distributors is one option. And maybe this distributor asked for one.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No idea on the asap.

The plan Eric announced in a live feed awhile back is in May ( middle of I think ? ) he'd be going to the company in NJ and supervise the building of 20 test games with production parts. These games go out. If all is well. Then full production kicks in.

So I assume these will go the same path. Shows, distributors, some locations near their NJ and Chicago offices. Maybe me ?

We are getting close.

#10 5 years ago

There's more to the game than just the discs. Here's your chance to see the other aspects of the game.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

There's more to the game than just the discs. Here's your chance to see the other aspects of the game.

That’s true, I 100% agree, but I want to put some time in the version I would potentially purchase, not some prototype that has features not available in the production model.
I personally have yet to play it, I have 2 JJP pins and I’m looking forward to the final production pin

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

That’s true, I 100% agree, but I want to put some time in the version I would potentially purchase, not some prototype that has features not available in the production model.
I personally have yet to play it, I have 2 JJP pins and I’m looking forward to the final production pin

Yep, spinner not a big deal to me anymore but I would still like to see the new one with my own eyes and the new apron/colors. I don't the the videos do the art justice, it really is a nice looking machine.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wish they'd send me one to learn more about the game before tech support for it kicks in

I agree! You really should be the first to receive one!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I agree! You really should be the first to receive one!

Thank you.

Having one makes things so much easier for me. Cleaning, fixing, being able to familiarize myself with the game helps a lot for tech support. Every title can have little nuances that knowing them up front makes helping customer so much easier.

Even if a prototype would have to be swapped out with a production one later.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you.
Having one makes things so much easier for me. Cleaning, fixing, being able to familiarize myself with the game helps a lot for tech support. Every title can have little nuances that knowing them up front makes helping customer so much easier.
Even if a prototype would have to be swapped out with a production one later.

Let me get with Jack and see what we can do. I will call you soon.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Let me get with Jack and see what we can do. I will call you soon.

Please don't. I didn't mean to get anything like that rolling.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Can I buy it from you? The only POTC I’m interested in buying has the three spinning discs.

Sorry No The Prototypes are not avail for sale.. My understanding is they never will be. I think they are going to put new Playfields into them.

Quoted from Coz:

This is what they have available right now. Other than 1 or 2 test games they have not built and Single disk ones. Its show season so they wanted to still have games to show (This one is going to Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown) Since I had it I thought I would put it on the floor and Invite you pinheads to come play it.

JJ

#18 5 years ago

Bump Just a reminder! Come play it

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Bump Just a reminder! Come play it

Might have to make this disappear. Many times I’m the only one in your place selling games for you.

#20 5 years ago

Nice! I’ll definitely have to drop by and give it a spin. Thanks for the heads-up, JJ.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Might have to make this disappear. Many times I’m the only one in your place selling games for you.

Reminder.. Install Lojack into the POTC pinball..

JJ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-prototype-now-on-the-showroom-floor-at-gex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.