(Topic ID: 95480)

POTC post sticking....

By nighttaco

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goalzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Appreciate all of the advice, I'll post an update after I mess with it this weekend...

Did you ever fix this issue? Having the same type of behaviour on my POTC. Need to hit both flippers to get the post down otherwise it eventually goes for a ballsearch.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If I remember correctly, I had to remove the assembly and file down the bottom edge where the post meets the playfield while in the up position. Everyone kept talking about the spring, but mine was not binding. The edge being rounded off stopped it from catching on the playfield just enough to let it fall.

Thanks, gonna take a look at that. Although I can't recall there being any friction when manually moving the post last time when I cleaned it.

Quoted from krivoap:

When the one on my POTC would occasionally stick, a good wipe of the plunger to remove some dirt was all that was needed

Tried that as well but didn't help unfortunately.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

you will see that when the ball is resting on the post, it is pushing just enough for it ti hold the post up when the playfield is at its resting position

Mmm, interesting, that could indeed be the factor, especially when it's set up really steep I guess.

Will let you know how that works out! (it's 3 AM here now, my wife's probably not going to be happy with a loud "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me!" at this hour.)

Arrr!

#25 9 years ago

I took out the assembly, cleaned the rubber post, the inside of the sleeve, stretched the spring a bit, filed a bit at the bottom edge like suggested and so far so good. Played a couple of games and the post is going down without having to push the flippers.

The spring is really soft, almost giving no pressure at all. I thought about putting in a stronger one but don't want the coil to overheat. Don't know if that's something to consider.

Let's see how long it lasts, afterall it is a pinball machine...

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So this seems to be different behavior with different versions of software. But with latest software, the post should hold the ball after each ship hit until the ship is sunk. Then the post should not do this on further ship hits every hit. Double flippers should drop the post early.

In my case double flippers released the ball. If I didn't do that the machine would go into ballsearch mode.

After cleaning everything's okay now. Don't know the exact sequence, I just think it keeps the ball for a few seconds after each hit, didn't notice if it changes that behaviour after a certain amount of hits/time.

I've always had the machine on software version 6.00, looks like that's the final one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goalzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-post-sticking?tu=goalzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.