8)Well i purchased a pretty well used Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball machine recently and was hoping to just enjoy it for a bit. Well upon getting it home and playing it the reality set in pretty quick that the previous owner had pretty much not been honest at all. Comvienienty "set up the machine to sell". Basically I was nieve and trusted the guy, lesson learned. So all pop bumpers are bad, heart chest is malfunctioning, slings are basically trashed, flippers are pretty much bad top to bottom, the list goes on.
So decided hey! Let's make he best of this and restore he whole darn thing. I love this theme so putting some blood sweat and tears into this takes no convincing
Here is what I plan on doing:
• Playfield swap to a brand new NOS play field
• New ramps
• New plastics and decals
• Remove cabinet decals. Paint, sand, fill damage and re decal the cabinet and back box.
• Clean Boards, wires, connectors and harness's
• Powder coat coin door, trim, lockdown bar, back box supports.
• Rebuild flippers and slings and new Coils for flippers (have evidence of overheating)
• Rebuild pop bumpers entirely
• Replace entirely sling mechs
• Replace all standing targets
• Imstall Mylar in front of slings and upper playfield drop zones
• Install new pirate ship
• Install new springs and coil sleeves throughout
• Install Full LED Lights
• New Ball auto launch assembly
• New hardware