(Topic ID: 211589)

PotC Looks Awesome except for the Maelstrom

By Phaet

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I hope they come up with a better looking maelstrom before launch. I think everything else on the machine looks stellar, but the maelstrom sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd either ditch the kitchen-plastic-funnel material for something nicely painted/decorated or do something interesting with the lights to make it seem like an animated whirlpool.

If it does ship the way it is, then I'd be interested in seeing some mods to replace that piece.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Phaet:

I hope they come up with a better looking maelstrom before launch. I think everything else on the machine looks stellar, but the maelstrom sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd either ditch the kitchen-plastic-funnel material for something nicely painted/decorated or do something interesting with the lights to make it seem like an animated whirlpool.
If it does ship the way it is, then I'd be interested in seeing some mods to replace that piece.

It probably won't make a huge difference but the production POTC's should have much better ramps. Like clear ramps and not foggy ones like the prototype versions have.

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

At TPF I asked Butch Peel of JJP if the maelstrom ramp was going to have that frosted look in production games. He chuckled and said no, that it was involuntarily frosted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-looks-awesome-except-for-the-maelstrom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.