Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpg
9Lne.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
0114C819-FA49-49A1-BA7F-2248C661BC82.gif
Screenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpg
bold strategy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I see several for sale ads with pending sales on this game for 20k and over. Are people REALLY buying POTC LE for 20k? I just don't believe it. Whats a CE worth then? 50k? I feel like this is just some sort of pump

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

All games are 5 figures now, get used to it.

All 5 figure numbers are not equal though

#7 3 years ago

I mean if people are really getting this for pirates LE more power to them, it just seems like madness to me. What's a CE go for?

Screenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpg
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

You're talking about one game like it's a big deal, when actually it's a "new" trend across many. Madness you say? Couldn't agree more.

Well it is a big deal since GNR CE is hovering around 20k. I understand POTC is somewhat rare, and a sought after game but its not even the CE and its not NIB. Also it was only weeks ago that POTC LE was 12-15k so this is quite the jump in a very short period of time.

Quoted from Greenandwhite:

How many times have you seen an ad lately and thought, no way it sells? Happens to me frequently but some are willing to pay up, clearly. Personally not interested in any pin for $20k.

Thats true I have seen it fairly often. I know prices are going nuts right now, but still..just wow.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I think ONE sold at this price and everybody else tried to rush to list at the same price that day. Fuck, I'd do the same. When you think about what else you can get for 20k...
Most of us lose money on sales, it's nice to win some every once in a while. Best of luck to the chosen few.

That would explain the sudden influx of POTC LE's on the market. I can't blame anyone for doing it. If I had one it would be up for sale right now too!

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have to agree with this, but I do think they could sell a bunch. Is 2000 buyers enough to justify a remake? at $10500 each that is 21 million. I personally think they would sell them at $12500 kind of like the WOZ YBR.

Didn't someone at JJP (maybe the angel investor??) say they weren't going to remake POTC basically out of spite? Like it wasn't good enough for you then, so I'm not going to make it again now.

#100 3 years ago

The thing about pirates is that for such a supposedly rare game, I sure have seen it around and played it a whole bunch and it always seems like theres one for sale.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

No chance they will sell another 2k as they couldn’t even sell 1k the first time they tried...
Look at Raza, not even 150 people ordered one....
Realistic would be if JJP thinks it’s worth the hassle to make another 50-200 POTC’s or not.
Won’t be much more probably since this would kill the high prices immediately and probably the cult it seems to gather now too due to scarcity

I'm going to disagree. Would they sell 2k units? Maybe, maybe not, but they would certainly move a pretty good amount at the very least. Certainly more than 50-200. You can't compare its original release because nobody wanted POTC as a theme, it took too long to come out after being announced (potential money went elsewhere), and people were mad about features being removed. You also can't compare it to RAZA because it looks pretty run of the mill gameplaywise, DR is not trusted, too much uncertainty with manufacturing, Robert Mueller, JPOP, ect.

Now everyone knows pirates is a killer game thats packed full of features. Its ascended beyond the original issues people had with it and become a must own game. Obviously the demand is there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-le-really-selling-for-20k-?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.