Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpg
9Lne.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
0114C819-FA49-49A1-BA7F-2248C661BC82.gif
Screenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpg
bold strategy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I feel like they cut bait on that game because of its high cost and poor reliability. It really seemed like they couldn’t cease production of That game fast enough, was just an all around headache for JJP from the start. Remember “spinner” and “moving chest-gate?” And the endless delays that turned a dark night for Stern into a gorgeous sun shiny morning?
I don’t think they want any part of that game anymore, not worth the trouble.

That’s what I was telling folks. It was a bitch to get into production, hard to build when it was, and they had Wonka in the wings... and then GNR which has really taken off for JJP. All that and the license is problematic with Depp on the shit list and Disney moving on. While maybe JJP could run a couple hundred more if they needed to it seems like a long shot at best.

Who knows tho man, crazy things can happen.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Dunno, game is designed, fixtures to build exist. They already have the license.
The real questions are, will gnr keep them busy for the year?
How many machines do they have to build in order for the order quantities for parts to make sense.
How sales of other games are doing.
How far off is their next game as they wind up the gnr builds.

All great questions. All speculated answers. For my money it’s probably down to the issue of can they build and market and sell enough POTC easily enough to justify the production. And obviously if they are building them because of the demand and the price jump, what do they charge? The 8500 SE / 9500 LE model seems like it’s off the table... although they do have CE numbers left in the chamber too?

To me it just adds up to easier to make money elsewhere, and even before I owned a game I felt like that... other wise buying one at what I paid (slightly over MSRP at the time) would have felt a little silly.

Also does it make more sense to go back to POTC instead of WOZ which is what they seem to have done in the past. I haven’t seen any articles about the Tin Man slapping his wife around lately...

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Medieval Madness, remade. AFM, MB ditto. Now Lebowski lives on, and you are in line for Alien, which was never to be remade. Is JJPOTC less likely than any of these? I don't think so.

Hmm... there are a lot of reasons those aren’t the same thing...

MM, AFM and MB are all time classics that got
remade almost from scratch by a whole new company (more like a business alliance really) whose business model is to remake those classic games.

Lebowski and Alien are more continuing (or re-entering) production, much like POTC would be... but in those cases their companies basically don’t have any other products while JJP has
made it abundantly clear they want to move forward. POTC also had its chance where Alien and Lebowski both got laid low by corporate disaster.

...but never say never!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-le-really-selling-for-20k-?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.