Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpg
9Lne.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
0114C819-FA49-49A1-BA7F-2248C661BC82.gif
Screenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpg
bold strategy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Well the simple way of putting this is anyone I know who is a good player (competes in tourneys etc) owns zero JJP games.
JJPs market is the "wow look at all that stuff going on" trophy hunting crowd not the players.
You know.. the guys who sell their games after 2 years and they have under 100 plays on them.

I don't so much think this is a JJP thing but rather a Keith Johnson reason for many tourney players. Keefer games tend to be deep and play really long. LOTR, TSPP, and WPT aren't exactly favorites with the tournament crowd either but they are excellent games for home enjoyment.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm not sure how you can say zero unless you have some inside information. Slim chance, I agree, zero? Anything is possible with enough cash.

There's a much greater than 0% chance. Even Jack on a recent phone call estimates there's a 20% chance. The license is still active. I'd put the odds at >50% given JJP's past track record with re running old titles like WOZ. It might not be this year but I bet we will see more at some point in time.

Screenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpg
#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So Jack says they probably won't run it again, there is a 20% chance and they only have a year left on the license. You take that information and say greater than 50% odds. Haha...ok.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The fact that Jack said even 20% is telling. Of course he isn't going to say that it's higher than that because they are selling GNR and Wonka right now. I think we'll see a special (and expensive) run done by the end of this year.

It will be fun to come back to this post in a year and see if I was right.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

People said the same thing last year, and weren't.
They should really make a Speculation Pirates game! Toss in a monkey mech in place of Johnny. All targets are different bids for an older model. Etc.

The LE's weren't >$20K last year either. JJP is watching the current market closely. The game may be a PITA to make but if the demand and $$$ is there, they'll make more. It wouldn't surprise me if they cut the run of GNR short this fall before full demand is satiated, run JPOTC for a couple months (500 games), and then move on to Toy Story. When the demand for GNR gets pent-up again in late 2022 or early 2023 they'll bring it back again at a higher price... and the cycle continues. The key is to always leave people wanting more and not run the game for so long that prices and demand fizzle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-le-really-selling-for-20k-?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.