Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpg
9Lne.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
0114C819-FA49-49A1-BA7F-2248C661BC82.gif
Screenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpg
bold strategy (resized).png

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 3 years ago

I see several for sale ads with pending sales on this game for 20k and over. Are people REALLY buying POTC LE for 20k? I just don't believe it. Whats a CE worth then? 50k? I feel like this is just some sort of pump

#2 3 years ago

Hot , somewhat rare game. Selling for $20,000, not sure. That is some tall coin though regardless...

#3 3 years ago

A fool and his money is soon parted....

#4 3 years ago

"20k past Christmas!" ???

bold strategy (resized).pngbold strategy (resized).png
#5 3 years ago

All games are 5 figures now, get used to it.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

All games are 5 figures now, get used to it.

All 5 figure numbers are not equal though

#7 3 years ago

I mean if people are really getting this for pirates LE more power to them, it just seems like madness to me. What's a CE go for?

Screenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpg
#8 3 years ago

I've seen the same and really thought about listing mine but decided not to. IMO, the game is not going to be remade, it's top 5 no question, loaded beyond belief, etc, etc. In a hobby where toppers sell for 2k, I can see why this is going for 20k.

plus the money would just go back into pinball and I would just miss the POTC.

and maybe 25k two years from now if it's never remade ; )

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

All 5 figure numbers are not equal though

You're talking about one game like it's a big deal, when actually it's a "new" trend across many. Madness you say? Couldn't agree more.

#10 3 years ago

How many times have you seen an ad lately and thought, no way it sells? Happens to me frequently but some are willing to pay up, clearly. Personally not interested in any pin for $20k.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

You're talking about one game like it's a big deal, when actually it's a "new" trend across many. Madness you say? Couldn't agree more.

Well it is a big deal since GNR CE is hovering around 20k. I understand POTC is somewhat rare, and a sought after game but its not even the CE and its not NIB. Also it was only weeks ago that POTC LE was 12-15k so this is quite the jump in a very short period of time.

Quoted from Greenandwhite:

How many times have you seen an ad lately and thought, no way it sells? Happens to me frequently but some are willing to pay up, clearly. Personally not interested in any pin for $20k.

Thats true I have seen it fairly often. I know prices are going nuts right now, but still..just wow.

#12 3 years ago

I think the market is around 18k for a nice Le. I think its crazy...... I had mine on the market but decided to keep it till I get my gnr and then make my decision ,plus I am waiting for the new code which is coming........

#13 3 years ago

Also if you compare to real rare games. $40,000 large for a Capcom KingPin, Krull ??

#14 3 years ago

Remember when "$10k by Christmas" was just a ridiculous joke?

Good grief, 5 figures just sounds completely bonkers to me for a relatively current game.

#15 3 years ago

I sold a NIB CE last year for 22. Should have held out for 50. :/

#16 3 years ago

What will this do to the release price of Toy Story?

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

What will this do to the release price of Toy Story?

Is the GNR price increase just for that title or from here on out? I have not gone through much of the thread.

#18 3 years ago

I think ONE sold at this price and everybody else tried to rush to list at the same price that day. Fuck, I'd do the same. When you think about what else you can get for 20k...

Most of us lose money on sales, it's nice to win some every once in a while. Best of luck to the chosen few.

#19 3 years ago

Yea,
I am wondering what to price my SE for in this market if I was right sell. Like others I would miss it too much.

#20 3 years ago

Thinking about parting with mine for that kind of loot.

People just show up with $20k in cash to pay for these? That seems crazy and a bit scary to me.

#21 3 years ago

I was wainting for this thread. Just remake the game already.. clearly people want it. If its asset drama, then reskin it to something cool. Maybe Chicago gaming can come up with something. Problem is the remake would be $20k considering the recent trends. Insanity prevails in the pinball world. Someday I'll grow up to be just like these people who have that kind of money. Smh. I'm pretty confident ill never own potc. Will however get my hands on a GnR this weekend to see if all the hype holds up.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Yea,
I am wondering what to price my SE for in this market if I was right sell. Like others I would miss it too much.

I am in the same boat; I always entertain stupid money offers for my games. If the current going rate is 20K US, I would have to pay 3K in taxes alone if I were to buy another one (and have to import it from the US).

As somebody else noted, in a world where I see a Beatles listed for $15K as I open pinside (it has RARE colors!), and people are dying to pay 1k+ for toppers, and $2500 for LE mods for this game... the price makes sense.

#23 3 years ago

New posting just listing just posted ...
LE for 25K

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I think ONE sold at this price and everybody else tried to rush to list at the same price that day. Fuck, I'd do the same. When you think about what else you can get for 20k...
Most of us lose money on sales, it's nice to win some every once in a while. Best of luck to the chosen few.

That would explain the sudden influx of POTC LE's on the market. I can't blame anyone for doing it. If I had one it would be up for sale right now too!

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Same here. Why wouldn't you sell if they are selling for that much? You could probably buy one at $20 and flip for even higher.

#26 3 years ago

It has really just got stupid lately. I do not blame owners for selling. I would, because I could never get $25k worth of enjoyment out of any pinball machine. You could build an entire new collection off $25k. The buyers at this price are idiots.

#27 3 years ago

Does anyone else remember the fear of the great “pinball price bubble”? I got a kick out of reading those threads years ago.

#29 3 years ago

$50k by Christmas

#30 3 years ago

Nobody bought this bloated, clumsy contraption when it came out.

They were right the first time.

#31 3 years ago

JJP POTC is the new Gamestop Stonk

#32 3 years ago

Anybody else sick and tired of the played out saying “$10k by Christmas” or anything K by Christmas?

It’s more annoying than someone who’s not into pinball thinking they are original when the try to poke fun and sing The Who’s pinball wizard.

It’s dumb. Old. Unoriginal. WORN OUT! Stop saying it for the love of pinball!

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've seen the same and really thought about listing mine but decided not to. IMO, the game is not going to be remade, it's top 5 no question, loaded beyond belief, etc, etc. In a hobby where toppers sell for 2k, I can see why this is going for 20k.

Gonna disagree. JJP said it they wouldn't make it again, because in part at the time it wasn't selling. It wasn't till they stopped that people cared. Also, its not top 5, the code is lacking which is a major gripe. Maybe it will get the hobbit 3.0 treatment maybe not.

As for it being 20-25k? Eh, people are throwing stupid money at pins right now. I have one of my games pending trade, because the market value has gone well beyond what I feel it is worth. Love the game and its a favorite, but realistically, the dollar value is not justifiable anymore.

#34 3 years ago

GREED! mic drop...

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Anybody else sick and tired of the played out saying “$10k by Christmas” or anything K by Christmas?
It’s more annoying than someone who’s not into pinball thinking they are original when the try to poke fun and sing The Who’s pinball wizard.
It’s dumb. Old. Unoriginal. WORN OUT! Stop saying it for the love of pinball!

Pinside has a long tradition of beating an unfunny “joke” into the ground but what are ya gonna do. Coming up with fresh material ain’t easy!

Let’s face it, a judge dredd in immamacuulllatte condition is a $1400 game now, and 50K by Christmas!!

Hahahahaha hahahahaha!!

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Exactly. I want to jump on this $20K train as well, but as my wife says, "you're just going to buy other pinballs with it," and she's right. If I had endless space I'd consider it, but I'm running out of that anyway.

#37 3 years ago

Good... hopefully this will translate to Wonka now that those are getting scarce.

At least its a good game and not a clunkorama.

#38 3 years ago

What else am I going to do with all my Bitcoin?

#39 3 years ago

I paid $13,500 for an LE in October and felt like an idiot paying so much, that being said I wouldn’t sell mine for 25k - it’s bolted to the floor!

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I paid $13,500 for an LE in October and felt like an idiot paying so much, that being said I wouldn’t sell mine for 25k - it’s bolted to the floor!

I expect you to stand by your bolted to the floor comment, because NO ONE ELSE IS.

#41 3 years ago

Goodness, now its 20,000 for a game with 10,000 plays? 10,000 plays?

#42 3 years ago

another just hit the market, this is getting awesome. I want a full market page of $20k pins today.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I expect you to stand by your bolted to the floor comment, because NO ONE ELSE IS.

Ha ha! Good point - I guess everyone has their price.

#44 3 years ago

I'm going to laugh so hard if/when this pin gets remade. There's no "value" at $20k. It's speculation and speculators deserve to get burned.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm going to laugh so hard if/when this pin gets remade. There's no "value" at $20k. It's speculation and speculators deserve to get burned.

right, I hope it gets remade so bad now.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

right, I hope it gets remade so bad now.

Not sure why there's such a Pinside Freakout over this, it's just the hyperbolic conclusion of 5 years of Lebowski and Alien ads.

Pinsiders can't help themselves: If it's bad game that is rare and breaks all the time, they want it, and they don't care what it will cost to get it.

I wouldn't let it get to you, you don't want a POTC so what do you care?

#47 3 years ago

It's basically supply and demand but there is lots of pent up demand for pinball right now because of pandemic. I was really into pinball over 10 years ago but stopped playing because life got too busy.

Now during pandemic, I have lot more free time so I started taking out the pinballs and started playing again.

Price really has gone through the roof since I bought my pinballs over 10 years ago.

In a months, I will be busy again as things are picking up for me, so I will not have that much time for pinball again.

I bought 2 pinballs recently and I will stop buying as I will not have much time to play.

I think as pandemic slows down, price will fall as people will lot more things to do than staying home!

#48 3 years ago

I think folks forget that they need a ton of new POTC JJP buyers for it to make sense for them to commit and buy all the parts, stop the line to build this, renew the license, etc. Then there is the apparent video asset hot water they got into.

I know the game is selling hot right now but I'm not sure they have the demand (3000-5000 - vs 30-50 diehard collectors) to run a game they already produced, especially at the price that JJP will sell it which won't be 10k but imo 13k or higher. GnR is now 10.5 and that game doesn't even have a toy.

Look at stern tron and LOTR - similar story and I actually think they have the numbers for those two and still can't get it done.

#49 3 years ago

What else are you going to do with your $? YOLO!

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I know the game is selling hot right now but it's prob a group of 30-50 diehard pinball collectors that want it - not 3000-5000, especially at the price that JJP will sell it which won't be 10k but imo 13k or higher. GnR is now 10.5 and that game doesn't even have a toy.

I have to agree with this, but I do think they could sell a bunch. Is 2000 buyers enough to justify a remake? at $10500 each that is 21 million. I personally think they would sell them at $12500 kind of like the WOZ YBR.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-le-really-selling-for-20k-?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.