Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpg
9Lne.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
0114C819-FA49-49A1-BA7F-2248C661BC82.gif
Screenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpg
bold strategy (resized).png
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago

ad for LE 25K!! .
30K by tomorrow

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Imagine the price for a Pirates if it was genuinely a great game!! The prices getting thrown around are beyond ridiculous in the US and Oz and mostly due to it's rarity. I'm yet to play GnR, but the only JJP game I enjoy shooting is Dialed in, the rest a very blah. But if someone is happy to pony up for the rarity then people will price them accordingly... quite comical.

DI is JJP's best shooter by far. Nothing is even close. Everything else has NO flow and way to much stop and go. I just do not get the love for some of these JJPs. I guess the lights and bling and multiball are the attraction.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

No chance they will sell another 2k as they couldn’t even sell 1k the first time they tried...
Look at Raza, not even 150 people ordered one....
Realistic would be if JJP thinks it’s worth the hassle to make another 50-200 POTC’s or not.
Won’t be much more probably since this would kill the high prices immediately and probably the cult it seems to gather now too due to scarcity

I'm going to disagree. Would they sell 2k units? Maybe, maybe not, but they would certainly move a pretty good amount at the very least. Certainly more than 50-200. You can't compare its original release because nobody wanted POTC as a theme, it took too long to come out after being announced (potential money went elsewhere), and people were mad about features being removed. You also can't compare it to RAZA because it looks pretty run of the mill gameplaywise, DR is not trusted, too much uncertainty with manufacturing, Robert Mueller, JPOP, ect.

Now everyone knows pirates is a killer game thats packed full of features. Its ascended beyond the original issues people had with it and become a must own game. Obviously the demand is there.

#104 3 years ago

I have this game, and for the life of me I don't understand the "buzz" ....

Quoted from woody76:

DI is JJP's best shooter by far. Nothing is even close. Everything else has NO flow and way to much stop and go. I just do not get the love for some of these JJPs. I guess the lights and bling and multiball are the attraction.

I agree that DI is a good shooter, but Wonka shoots way better than DI.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have this game, and for the life of me I don't understand the "buzz" ....

I agree that DI is a good shooter, but Wonka shoots way better than DI.

Wonka is like torture to me for some reason. I have yet to finish a 3 ball game without walking away. I guess I need to give a whirl again.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Wonka is like torture to me for some reason. I have yet to finish a 3 ball game without walking away. I guess I need to give a whirl again.

Give it a shot....Like most JJP games it takes 20+ games to even understand what the heck is going on code wise.

#107 3 years ago

Imagine the price for a Pirates if it was genuinely a great game!!

It is a genuinely great game; most of the reviews dogging it are along the lines of "Uh, I don't know what to do. It sucks because I can't be bothered to learn the rules".

That being said even I am tempted to sell mine if things are really getting this out of control!

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I get the feeling you look in the mirror.

Well I have lost 40 pounds since the pandemic started. So sexy...so...me...

Oh yeah....

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Well the simple way of putting this is anyone I know who is a good player (competes in tourneys etc) owns zero JJP games.

JJPs market is the "wow look at all that stuff going on" trophy hunting crowd not the players.

You know.. the guys who sell their games after 2 years and they have under 100 plays on them.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Well the simple way of putting this is anyone I know who is a good player (competes in tourneys etc) owns zero JJP games.
JJPs market is the "wow look at all that stuff going on" trophy hunting crowd not the players.
You know.. the guys who sell their games after 2 years and they have under 100 plays on them.

I own a JJP game and I wouldn't fit your definition.

I am definitely a competitive player and I am about the exact opposite of someone who values condition/bling over gameplay. I don't need a pristine trophy piece of a game as long as it looks presentable and plays like it should. And I certainly don't chase the games that Pinside or anyone else says are good, I play the games and make up my own mind on how much they appeal to me. JJP games are some of the deepest, most challenging games out there, which is why they are perfect for good players and/or home environments. IMHO, you can't fully appreciate a game like POTC on route just dropping coins in it. It's too difficult, there is to much to it and there is to much to do.

#111 3 years ago

Imagine the price for a Pirates if it was genuinely a great game!!

It genuinely is.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Yea,
I am wondering what to price my SE for in this market if I was right sell. Like others I would miss it too much.

Just for reference I sold mine last year for 12500 but it also had a couple of Lior mods (ship and apron frame). The Lior ship mod is already worth $2k easy which is crazy because it's like 4 times what it was originally sold for. But because it was a limited mod, people are going crazy over it.

The game is good...not even sure if it is top 5. But rarity plus good game equals $$$. Not sure why people are complaining though. I can ask whatever I want for my games, why do you care?

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

IMHO, you can't fully appreciate a game like POTC on route just dropping coins in it.

I really hate this argument. It's practically the mantra of the JJP crowd at this point. I've gotten to play several different examples of POTC, and I've managed to get very deep into the game on several occasions. I have most certainly experienced a lot of what it has to offer. I just don't find the game to be all that fun. I don't dislike it, I just don't feel the need to play it anymore.

#114 3 years ago

That logic makes little sense. The only people who can truly see the game are the good players. They can play, not take hours and hours to see the stuff once. They can play, learn and advance more each time.

#115 3 years ago

hmmm.... i do like money, but I also want an eric menuir game row...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#116 3 years ago

I don't so much think this is a JJP thing but rather a Keith Johnson reason for many tourney players. Keefer games tend to be deep and play really long. LOTR, TSPP, and WPT aren't exactly favorites with the tournament crowd either but they are excellent games for home enjoyment.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I really hate this argument. It's practically the mantra of the JJP crowd at this point. I've gotten to play several different examples of POTC, and I've managed to get very deep into the game on several occasions. I have most certainly experienced a lot of what it has to offer. I just don't find the game to be all that fun. I don't dislike it, I just don't feel the need to play it anymore.

I wouldn't necessarily make this argument for every JJP game, and I'm far from the "JJP Crowd" as I only own 1 to my 6 other Stern games, but I certainly think it applies for POTC. I'm not saying you can't like or appreciate JJP POTC by playing it on route...I know I did originally so I definitely know it's possible. I'm also not saying that I think everyone has to like the game, I know people value different things in a game. If you think you can fully experience and appreciate 22 characters with different abilities across the 5 different movies with the crazy deep ruleset and countless ways to play and/or get high scores that the game has to offer by dropping $1 per game on route in a usually noisy bar/arcade where the game may or may not always play as it should...then more power to you.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure why there's such a Pinside Freakout over this, it's just the hyperbolic conclusion of 5 years of Lebowski and Alien ads.
Pinsiders can't help themselves: If it's bad game that is rare and breaks all the time, they want it, and they don't care what it will cost to get it.
I wouldn't let it get to you, you don't want a POTC so what do you care?

It's like TOM/ToTAN - not a great game for a competition style player or one who loves fast/brutal SS style, but a game that can strike awe and happiness in many who just get taken back by the package.

It's a great game - but these people willing to blow their wad like this at scale is disturbing.

#119 3 years ago

I considered selling mine given the current prices, but then I came to my senses!

Perhaps I'll let it go at some point for a fair price:

9Lne.gif9Lne.gif

#120 3 years ago

I felt sorry for the poor bastards who bought original MM and MB for 15k - 20k before word the remakes. Their purchases at those lofty prices led to the remakes and then their prices plummeted. Id love a POTC (without Depps pic, but Im being picky) - but I will be patient. With this demand how could Jack not re-release it? Aren't they rebooting POTC movies? Let the clock tick away, build desire and demand, then offer CE's for 15k and watch them sell out in an hour.

...and if you have bought an LE for 20k...well enjoy!! But don't bitch about the remakes...please, it seems inevitable.

And for the non-multi millionaires like me, Ill order a POTC remake LE, for like 12k or something stupid. Ok, fine...just don't put Depp's face in the middle of it...please?

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

What will this do to the release price of Toy Story?

If they announce this year I imagine same price structure with what they just did with GNR. Any later than this year who knows way things are going.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I felt sorry for the poor bastards who bought original MM and MB for 15k - 20k before word the remakes.

That would have been extremes. No one was paying that kind of money for games consistently except the real rare titles. MM was demanding pretty much the highest of any of the normally produced games.. and a beater would still get like 7-8k... but people weren't paying 15k+ unless they were a HEP or something. The game was more like 12-13k price point.. and that's why everyone jumped at the idea of a fresh NIB 8k MMr. And MB was never near those price points.

Think more about those people who spent so much time and energy trying to piece one together since Wayne had been filling the parts inventory for so long before MMr. That would have felt really awful when MMr was announced

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

...and if you have bought an LE for 20k...well enjoy!! But don't bitch about the remakes...please, it seems inevitable

There is zero chance it gets remade. Here is to hoping though.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

There is zero chance it gets remade. Here is to hoping though.

I'm not sure how you can say zero unless you have some inside information. Slim chance, I agree, zero? Anything is possible with enough cash.

#125 3 years ago

At least with all these flooding the market at the same time price is bound to be driven downwards, if only temporarily, as there are only so many buyers at this price point who are now able to take advantage of many sellers

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm not sure how you can say zero unless you have some inside information. Slim chance, I agree, zero? Anything is possible with enough cash.

There's a much greater than 0% chance. Even Jack on a recent phone call estimates there's a 20% chance. The license is still active. I'd put the odds at >50% given JJP's past track record with re running old titles like WOZ. It might not be this year but I bet we will see more at some point in time.

Screenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpg
#127 3 years ago

Don't go backwards, focus on > 1 game every ~1.5-2 years!

#128 3 years ago

Just from a biz perspective its a shame for them they dont have the ability to keep up with demand.

Nothing worse than leaving piles on money on the table as a business.

#129 3 years ago

Just from a biz perspective its a shame for them they dont have the ability to keep up with demand.
Nothing worse than leaving piles on money on the table as a business.

I feel like they cut bait on that game because of its high cost and poor reliability. It really seemed like they couldn’t cease production of That game fast enough, was just an all around headache for JJP from the start. Remember “spinner” and “moving chest-gate?” And the endless delays that turned a dark night for Stern into a gorgeous sun shiny morning?

I don’t think they want any part of that game anymore, not worth the trouble.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I feel like they cut bait on that game because of its high cost and poor reliability. It really seemed like they couldn’t cease production of That game fast enough, was just an all around headache for JJP from the start. Remember “spinner” and “moving chest-gate?” And the endless delays that turned a dark night for Stern into a gorgeous sun shiny morning?

They cut bait because it was the usual bitch and moan session from the peanut gallery... looked like the game wouldnt sell great so on to the next.

The last thing they want to do is make a ton of games no one will buy and thats what it looked like at the time.

The demand for more didnt seem to be there so thats that.

Whooooppps.

#131 3 years ago

They cut bait because it was the usual bitch and moan session from the peanut gallery... looked like the game wouldnt sell great so on to the next.
The last thing they want to do is make a ton of games no one will buy and thats what it looked like at the time.
The demand for more didnt seem to be there so thats that.
Whooooppps.

So why not just run it again? They’ve run WOZ Like 6 times.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because they aren't that nimble... for them to rerun something they have to gear up for months

In this case probably cant get parts anymore etc etc.

They cant even get GNR out the door how the hell they going to do another game

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's a much greater than 0% chance. Even Jack on a recent phone call estimates there's a 20% chance. The license is still active. I'd put the odds at >50% given JJP's past track record with re running old titles like WOZ. It might not be this year but I bet we will see more at some point in time.
[quoted image]

So Jack says they probably won't run it again, there is a 20% chance and they only have a year left on the license. You take that information and say greater than 50% odds. Haha...ok.

#134 3 years ago

They cant even get GNR out the door how the hell they going to do another game

so is stern the only one who can do multiple games at once? I swear Jack said they would be able to produce 2 games at once.

#135 3 years ago

With a 3000 backlog of GNR to get out, I think that'll take JJP probably months to catch up.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

so is stern the only one who can do multiple games at once? I swear Jack said they would be able to produce 2 games at once.

He may have said that but based on the backorders on GNR maybe he was projecting well out into the future?

At the moment they cant even keep up on the one game on the line, never mind two.

I would assume extra capacity is one of the reasons they moved but covid has put a wrench in that Im sure.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s what I was telling folks. It was a bitch to get into production, hard to build when it was, and they had Wonka in the wings... and then GNR which has really taken off for JJP. All that and the license is problematic with Depp on the shit list and Disney moving on. While maybe JJP could run a couple hundred more if they needed to it seems like a long shot at best.

Who knows tho man, crazy things can happen.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That’s what I was telling folks. It was a bitch to get into production, hard to build when it was, and they had Wonka in the wings... and then GNR which has really taken off for JJP. All that and the license is problematic with Depp on the shit list and Disney moving on. While maybe JJP could run a couple hundred more if they needed to it seems like a long shot at best.
Who knows tho man, crazy things can happen.

Dunno, game is designed, fixtures to build exist. They already have the license.

The real questions are, will gnr keep them busy for the year?
How many machines do they have to build in order for the order quantities for parts to make sense.
How sales of other games are doing.
How far off is their next game as they wind up the gnr builds.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Dunno, game is designed, fixtures to build exist. They already have the license.
The real questions are, will gnr keep them busy for the year?
How many machines do they have to build in order for the order quantities for parts to make sense.
How sales of other games are doing.
How far off is their next game as they wind up the gnr builds.

All great questions. All speculated answers. For my money it’s probably down to the issue of can they build and market and sell enough POTC easily enough to justify the production. And obviously if they are building them because of the demand and the price jump, what do they charge? The 8500 SE / 9500 LE model seems like it’s off the table... although they do have CE numbers left in the chamber too?

To me it just adds up to easier to make money elsewhere, and even before I owned a game I felt like that... other wise buying one at what I paid (slightly over MSRP at the time) would have felt a little silly.

Also does it make more sense to go back to POTC instead of WOZ which is what they seem to have done in the past. I haven’t seen any articles about the Tin Man slapping his wife around lately...

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My thoughts exactly, he ran the last run of WOZ when there was basically no demand for it.

#141 3 years ago

This is is just dumb, but happening across newer pin ads “w/less than 200 plays and mods” asking way above avail nib.
Pinside used to laugh off this stuff.
No way - walk away.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

All great questions. All speculated answers. For my money it’s probably down to the issue of can they build and market and sell enough POTC easily enough to justify the production. And obviously if they are building them because of the demand and the price jump, what do they charge? The 8500 SE / 9500 LE model seems like it’s off the table... although they do have CE numbers left in the chamber too?
To me it just adds up to easier to make money elsewhere, and even before I owned a game I felt like that... other wise buying one at what I paid (slightly over MSRP at the time) would have felt a little silly.
Also does it make more sense to go back to POTC instead of WOZ which is what they seem to have done in the past. I haven’t seen any articles about the Tin Man slapping his wife around lately...

If done again with way prices are right now in secondary they be foolish to do anything under $13K. If there is another run I would be very surprised if Depp is on that machine. A Black Pearl LE perhaps as someone mentioned. Very limited run. I think they know their limits short term unless things start changing for them from a production standpoint. But then again with Covid this last year and their move during JJP still needs to get situated.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So Jack says they probably won't run it again, there is a 20% chance and they only have a year left on the license. You take that information and say greater than 50% odds. Haha...ok.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The fact that Jack said even 20% is telling. Of course he isn't going to say that it's higher than that because they are selling GNR and Wonka right now. I think we'll see a special (and expensive) run done by the end of this year.

It will be fun to come back to this post in a year and see if I was right.

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's exactly what I'm saying. The fact that Jack said even 20% is telling. Of course he isn't going to say that it's higher than that because they are selling GNR and Wonka right now. I think we'll see a special (and expensive) run done by the end of this year.
It will be fun to come back to this post in a year and see if I was right.

People said the same thing last year, and weren't.

They should really make a Speculation Pirates game! Toss in a monkey mech in place of Johnny. All targets are different bids for an older model. Etc.

#145 3 years ago

You guys need to understand that it's perfect from a marketing perspective for JJP to have a popular title in small edition that requires a high price among collectors. it justifies charging well for upcoming releases and demonstrates to buyers that the games can be an investment. JJp would lose in the long run in producing more Pirates. that's exactly how you hype a brand today, check out car, watch and lots of other industries where there are collectors.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

People said the same thing last year, and weren't.
They should really make a Speculation Pirates game! Toss in a monkey mech in place of Johnny. All targets are different bids for an older model. Etc.

The LE's weren't >$20K last year either. JJP is watching the current market closely. The game may be a PITA to make but if the demand and $$$ is there, they'll make more. It wouldn't surprise me if they cut the run of GNR short this fall before full demand is satiated, run JPOTC for a couple months (500 games), and then move on to Toy Story. When the demand for GNR gets pent-up again in late 2022 or early 2023 they'll bring it back again at a higher price... and the cycle continues. The key is to always leave people wanting more and not run the game for so long that prices and demand fizzle.

#147 3 years ago

My only suggestion real or not to JJP is that pinball buyers talk a lot until Money is at stake. IF there is even a consideration the only way to judge this as a business plan opportunity is to call the markets bluff. Call all distributors to start taking $1,000 Non Refundable deposits on a run of POTCLE for $12,500 each 2-6 month production estimate. The run total or cut off would be determined by the company and their business plan. They also have the right at Any point to determine the interest is Not what we assume and refund all deposits as not viable. Simple enough. We/They will find out the markets Real interest in just a few short weeks.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

When the demand for GNR gets pent-up again in late 2022 or early 2023 they'll bring it back again at a higher price...

....an EVEN higher price!

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

With a 3000 backlog of GNR to get out, I think that'll take JJP probably months to catch up.

Thank god it is not Spooky making them .

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Kungen:

You guys need to understand that it's perfect from a marketing perspective for JJP to have a popular title in small edition that requires a high price among collectors. it justifies charging well for upcoming releases and demonstrates to buyers that the games can be an investment. JJp would lose in the long run in producing more Pirates. that's exactly how you hype a brand today, check out car, watch and lots of other industries where there are collectors.

Exactly, wise thoughts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-le-really-selling-for-20k-/page/3?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.