Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210211-081913_Chrome (resized).jpg
9Lne.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
0114C819-FA49-49A1-BA7F-2248C661BC82.gif
Screenshot_20210209-081231_Brave (resized).jpg
bold strategy (resized).png
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have to agree with this, but I do think they could sell a bunch. Is 2000 buyers enough to justify a remake? at $10500 each that is 21 million. I personally think they would sell them at $12500 kind of like the WOZ YBR.

Didn't someone at JJP (maybe the angel investor??) say they weren't going to remake POTC basically out of spite? Like it wasn't good enough for you then, so I'm not going to make it again now.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Yea,
I am wondering what to price my SE for in this market if I was right sell. Like others I would miss it too much.

Think there is a SE for sale now.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have to agree with this, but I do think they could sell a bunch. Is 2000 buyers enough to justify a remake? at $10500 each that is 21 million. I personally think they would sell them at $12500 kind of like the WOZ YBR.

Stern can justify a rerun with roughly 500. I am sure jjp can to. The question is what is the cost of the license. Does JJP care right now since they are tied up with GNR sales.

LOTR has licensing problems. It runs on outdated hardware. Stern has to justify redesigning the game to work on a modern system. It is not nearly as simple. Would be curious what the cost would be for stern to re-engineer. I do not think a vault like spiderman would do well, because part of lotr is the amazing callouts and music which you would lose if they don't use the movie license.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I paid $13,500 for an LE in October and felt like an idiot paying so much, that being said I wouldn’t sell mine for 25k - it’s bolted to the floor!

I paid $9.5K last October and feel like I should send him some Valentines chocolates and a teddy bear.

But I'm not selling either so it's irrelevant unless I need emergency money.

#55 3 years ago

I don't know but see how many people are complaining about GNR going up $1,000.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Goodness, now its 20,000 for a game with 10,000 plays? 10,000 plays?

I dont think the number of plays really matters that much. Most popular games from the 90’s had way more than that and still fetch a pretty penny. As long as it still looks great 1,000 or 10,000 plays is irrelevant. The prices are insane, but if there are buyers... whatever. I just wish they would give me the money instead of wasting it like this. I enjoy the game, but not as much as I enjoy having a house and eating. I could pay off a third of my mortgage with that cash.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I expect you to stand by your bolted to the floor comment, because NO ONE ELSE IS.

Gotta say you may have a valid point. I have a Tommy thats been bolted to the floor for 14 years now. Just love it......but i may have used som WD40 on those bolts as i am thinking it might be time to let it go for something new. That being said i have a JJP GNR LE incoming within 2 weeks so it might buy it some more time. Time will tell.

#58 3 years ago

I think I'd rather buy 20-1000 dollar games, no one game can be that much fun.

#59 3 years ago

A bunch are listed. Gravy train hype? Let’s see how many actually sell and contribute to Pinside.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

What else are you going to do with your $? YOLO!

hookers and blow.......hookers and blow

#61 3 years ago

Some people just gotta have $thing and don’t have anything else to spend their cash on. The rest of the world will opt for more ROI. Heck you could get three Stern Loot Crates and still save cash.

#62 3 years ago

When this game was in a local arcade it got pulled as hardly anyone played it.

Other than being rare, can't see it being better than any number of games released last few years.

#63 3 years ago

Is it true this game doesn't even have finished code?

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

No chance they will sell another 2k as they couldn’t even sell 1k the first time they tried...

Look at Raza, not even 150 people ordered one....
Realistic would be if JJP thinks it’s worth the hassle to make another 50-200 POTC’s or not.
Won’t be much more probably since this would kill the high prices immediately and probably the cult it seems to gather now too due to scarcity

#65 3 years ago

Maybe the wallstreetbets crowd had moved into pinball machines And turned JJP POTC LE into a meme pin?

#66 3 years ago

Im thinking about selling mine I might have one of the nicest out there... no pooling playfield with every mod money can buy.

Here is the issue from my standpoint. No one wants to sell their JJP POTC most people would agree its the greatest pinball game ever made. So its not for sale for 12k or 15k. There is an old saying 'everything is for sale if the price is right'. No one parts with their forever keeper, until the price gets so high you have to ask yourself if maybe it is for sale.

The point being most people who have them don't want to part with them, aren't considering selling, until a price point is met that makes them think twice.

I just feel the game is a FOREVER KEEPER game, so you want to prior it out of their hands this is what it takes. We may of hit the number where everyone second guesses selling or keeping. I don't think its a case of cashing in its more of a case of 'I've had the game for two years maybe for 20k I can part with it but for 16K I keep it'. Money isn' t everything to some people who have a lot of it... but when you start talking about 20k plus you start to think about freeing up a spot and using the money to buy a couple new games.

There are some who will part with their game at 17K ish and others who just say nope not selling, oh wait 20k yeah maybe.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I just feel the game is a FOREVER KEEPER game, so you want to prior it out of their hands this is what it takes. We may of hit the number where everyone second guesses selling or keeping. I don't think its a case of cashing in its more of a case of 'I've had the game for two years maybe for 20k I can part with it but for 16K I keep it'. Money isn' t everything to some people who have a lot of it... but when you start talking about 20k plus you start to think about freeing up a spot and using the money to buy a couple new games.

You just described me. I love the game (I truly think its GOAT) and refused to sell when it hit 15k and 17k. At the time, I asked myself what I would sell it for? 20k was that number. So when these started selling for 20k, I listed mine. I had a firm buyer in about 20 minutes with four total offers before I tagged it as "pending sold". I've owned it for two years and enjoyed the hell out of it. I have a deposit on two other games and my name down on a third. The 20k pays for two of those games with enough cash left over for half of the third. Obvisouly 20k is not a big deal for the buyer, so its a win-win IMO.

I will miss it though. Larry - Now that you're thinking about selling yours, who's am I going to play when I need a Pirated fix?

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinsiders can't help themselves: If it's bad game that is rare

FOMO... started way back when with BBB which has to be the worst game ever to command stupid money.

#69 3 years ago

There is another very simple reason for these current prices. Inflation. Look at the price of most things you want right now. For example, prime real estate, collectibles (Sport's cards), almost any assets that is scarce. All of their prices have shot up since February. The Gov printed more money this year than most decades. That money had to go somewhere. $12,000 in February was worth a lot more than $17,000 is now... POTC is a rare game therefor it went up in price since people who buy Pinball machines have more money now than they did in February. My two cents.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody bought this bloated, clumsy contraption when it came out.
They were right the first time.

That is every rare game. There is plenty of supply now around. Interesting to see how deep buyers are.

#71 3 years ago

My guess is it will be remade. Think back about 20 years ago when MM was starting to bring 15-20k. It got remade and it was a long, tough road - way more hurdles than PoTC.

If JJP thinks they can sell 500 of these at 10K, it will happen.

If JJP figures out how to remake it with the original multi-direction spinner, they’ll sell 1000.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

There is another very simple reason for these current prices. Inflation. Look at the price of most things you want right now. For example, prime real estate, collectibles (Sport's cards), almost any assets that is scarce. All of their prices have shot up since February. The Gov printed more money this year than most decades. That money had to go somewhere. $12,000 in February was worth a lot more than $17,000 is now... POTC is a rare game therefor it went up in price since people who buy Pinball machines have more money now than they did in February. My two cents.

Good point, and to expand on it, pinball prices have been exploding since the early 2010s, but the huge jump in the past year fits in pretty consistently with pandemic economics in general. Home sales, and things that can be done in the home, have all been doing incredibly well.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

of like the WOZ YBR.

Yeah and they took out the flying monkey mech. I’m sure they would do something similar to potc

#74 3 years ago

Man this really makes me think of letting my CE go....and by these prices on the LEs I guess I'll take $32,500 for my CE

#75 3 years ago

I’m sure there will be a NIB LE for sale for 25k plus soon. Whatever. I don’t really care to be honest, I’m gonna go flip.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My guess is it will be remade. Think back about 20 years ago when MM was starting to bring 15-20k. It got remade and it was a long, tough road - way more hurdles than PoTC

I remember everyone saying it would never happen as well. If there is money to be made then anything is possible in this hobby.

It didn't make sense to remake POTC before and sell at the original prices but GnR showed JJP they have plenty of room to raise prices. They should do something special like a black pearl edition.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

most people would agree its the greatest pinball game ever made

Most people in this thread don't even agree with that statement let alone 'most people'

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:Most people in this thread don't even agree with that statement let alone 'most people'

I agree with it being the best.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

I agree with it being the best.

I also agree

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I see several for sale ads with pending sales on this game for 20k and over. Are people REALLY buying POTC LE for 20k? I just don't believe it. Whats a CE worth then? 50k? I feel like this is just some sort of pump

0114C819-FA49-49A1-BA7F-2248C661BC82.gif0114C819-FA49-49A1-BA7F-2248C661BC82.gif
#81 3 years ago

Dialed In is JJPs only good game

#82 3 years ago

If not the best, definitely at least a top 3 for me for sure.

It's that good to me and I don't have any interest in selling mine even at these crazy inflated prices. It's like some others have said. If I got the big money for it I would just want to buy more games and I am already over capacity. Plus I would just want another JJP POTC and I know I would probably never be able to get one again for a reasonable price, so there's no point for me. I don't blame anyone for wanting to cash out as that's a lot of money, but mine's staying and I will continue to enjoy it. Then I'll enjoy it all over again when the code update finally does drop.

#83 3 years ago

Lmfao!!

#84 3 years ago

I really want one that’s my grail pin, too bad it came out before I knew pinball still existed .Like the story earlier about what MM was fetching before the remake I couldn’t stomach the risk of a re run n price drop on existing pins .I can wait on it but what’s up with the explosion of Pirates going up for sale ?

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I really want one that’s my grail pin, too bad it came out before I knew pinball still existed .Like the story earlier about what MM was fetching before the remake I couldn’t stomach the risk of a re run n price drop on existing pins .I can wait on it but what’s up with the explosion of Pirates going up for sale ?

Up until a few week ago you could find an LE for 15k or less once they started bringing 20K+ some owners can’t resist the quick profit.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Up until a few week ago you could find an LE for 15k or less once they started bringing 20K+ some owners can’t resist the quick profit.

I hear ya just strange it jumped 5k in the snap of a finger .Resembles inside trader dumps

#87 3 years ago

Couldn't find any in the marketplace but dying of curiosity.

CE NIB POTC? How crazy would that price be?

Pinspec madness.

#88 3 years ago

You guys that love it too much to sell it are nuts... buy one back in a year for half that.

Anyone willing to pay 20K for that pin should have one for 20K.

Its up there with Gamestop stock from a few weeks ago on the bullshit meter. Its the "best game ever" in the same way Gamestop is the best stock ever.

Sell it while you can.

#89 3 years ago

people have found what their "special purpose" is for I guess.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

I bought a 1970 Gibson SG guitar for $3500 back in April....now the going rate is 4500-5000. Im sure it’s like this for most collectable stuff.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You guys that love it too much to sell it are nuts... buy one back in a year for half that.
Its up there with Gamestop stock from a few weeks ago on the bullshit meter. Its the "best game ever" in the same way Gamestop is the best stock ever.
Sell it while you can.

I loved the game since the first time I was able to play it at SS Billiards. I never thought I would be able to get one because even at the original price, it was more than double any amount I had ever spent on a pin before. I was not willing to pay even the original retail because I didn't think any game was worth that to me, no matter how good it was. Fast forward a bit and the stars aligned like I never thought they would and I had the opportunity to get one below retail before the prices went crazy. I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to own the game. I can't speak for anyone else, but it's not bullshit here for me since I've always felt the way about the game that I do now. It's worth keeping and enjoying for me. It makes it a little easier since I have an SE and I could probably "only" get around $15,000 for it with all the parts and extras I have for it, but I don't want to chance fate again and hope that they remake the game against all odds. With everything JJP has going on right now and all the circumstances surrounding POTC the pin and the franchise, IMHO anyone who thinks POTC is going to be remade anytime soon is dreaming and anyone who thinks that it would only cost $10k if it ever happens is really in la-la land.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Most people in this thread don't even agree with that statement let alone 'most people'

I think it’s the best pin made to date. I’ve said that from the beginning and still think that to this day. I wished I didn’t sell mine, but it wasn’t the only pin I sold.

PoTC has so much going on, it hits on all aspects, game play, sounds, video clips, lay out, art work, light show and toys. Honestly, what’s not to like about the game?

As far as reliability, once I got the bugs worked out, the only issue I ever consistently had was one rubber needed changed out frequently.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Sell it while you can.

My wife was mad when I paid $13,500 for it. When it arrived She watched me play my first game and then played one and said “this game is worth $50,000” ...

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from tcape61:

I think I'd rather buy 20-1000 dollar games, no one game can be that much fun.

Maybe hide the pickle with Elizabeth Hurley?

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Maybe hide the pickle with Elizabeth Hurley?

Man haven't heard that name in a while.

For all you know she could be pushing 300 lbs these days!

You gotta freshen up the old spank bank my friend.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man haven't heard that name in a while.
For all you know she could be pushing 300 lbs these days!

Thought the same thing. Just took a look at her Instagram. She's still got it.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Thought the same thing. Just took a look at her Instagram. She's still got it.

BOOOOM!

Spank away NorCal!

#98 3 years ago

Imagine the price for a Pirates if it was genuinely a great game!! The prices getting thrown around are beyond ridiculous in the US and Oz and mostly due to it's rarity. I'm yet to play GnR, but the only JJP game I enjoy shooting is Dialed in, the rest a very blah. But if someone is happy to pony up for the rarity then people will price them accordingly... quite comical.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I get the feeling you look in the mirror.

#100 3 years ago

The thing about pirates is that for such a supposedly rare game, I sure have seen it around and played it a whole bunch and it always seems like theres one for sale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-le-really-selling-for-20k-/page/2?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.