IMG_9629_(resized).JPG
IMG_9627_(resized).JPG
IMG_9628_(resized).JPG
IMG_9625_(resized).JPG
IMG_9624_(resized).JPG
IMG_9623_(resized).JPG
IMG_9622_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I have a test game (or early production run with the red middle insert) POTC in pretty good condition that I am trying to sell. Hoping you guys could give me a little advice on how to price it. Currently I have it at 5k. The game plays great. The playfield doesnt have any wear that I can see. The left side of the backbox has a gouge and the front of the cabinet has a few as well. Overall in pretty decent shape.

Has a couple extras as well. Colordmd, invisiglass, backalley dmd bracket, cannons on rails, wood plank, wood under cannons, cannon on shooter lane, speaker inserts and speaker lights.

What should I price this at? Thanks

IMG_9622_(resized).JPGIMG_9622_(resized).JPG

IMG_9623_(resized).JPGIMG_9623_(resized).JPG

IMG_9624_(resized).JPGIMG_9624_(resized).JPG

IMG_9625_(resized).JPGIMG_9625_(resized).JPG

IMG_9628_(resized).JPGIMG_9628_(resized).JPG

IMG_9627_(resized).JPGIMG_9627_(resized).JPG

IMG_9629_(resized).JPGIMG_9629_(resized).JPG

IMG_9631_(resized).JPGIMG_9631_(resized).JPG

IMG_9630_(resized).JPGIMG_9630_(resized).JPG

IMG_9632_(resized).JPGIMG_9632_(resized).JPG

IMG_9633_(resized).JPGIMG_9633_(resized).JPG

IMG_9634_(resized).JPGIMG_9634_(resized).JPG

IMG_9635_(resized).JPGIMG_9635_(resized).JPG

IMG_9639_(resized).JPGIMG_9639_(resized).JPG

IMG_9640_(resized).JPGIMG_9640_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like a very fair price with all those options, you could remove the expensive options and sell a la cart but overall I think you hit a good price with all these options.

PotC is built like a tank compared to the Stern pros you see today that sell for $4700 new with no PF support, no lollypop style side rails etc..

Edit don't like that gouge in the head that's really what's bringing the price down, people like me like mint or 98% games games and that gouge is an eyesore. I'm sure that's knocking hundreds off the price.

I mean I'd rather get a 98% game no wear with less mods for similar price. My HUO PotC looks as new and I've seen a few others as good. If there was some way to repair that scratch I'd bet it would sell better.

Also do you have a shooter lane picture?

#4 7 years ago

I am not sure where it should be priced based upon the options you have. The ColorDMD really looks great.

My neighbor picked up a perfect, bone stock, HUO (less than 250 plays) in NJ for $4,600 around 6 months ago.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I am not sure where it should be priced based upon the options you have. The ColorDMD really looks great.
My neighbor picked up a perfect, bone stock, HUO (less than 250 plays) in NJ for $4,600 around 6 months ago.

Yeah its tough to figure out. This one is definitely NOT HUO but its in pretty decent shape (I think).

#6 7 years ago

You could probably sell all the mods for $700-800 but I know that's a bitch selling 10 different pieces.

#7 7 years ago

Actually I think it's a fair price (but with negotiations) you might be prepared to accept less. I mean usually I'd price a game and be willing to accept 5% less if the deal was clean.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You could probably sell all the mods for $700-800 but I know that's a bitch selling 10 different pieces.

yeah, I would rather not split apart and deal with shipping and all that stuff. I was figuring around that (or less) for the mods too.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Actually I think it's a fair price (but with negotiations) you might be prepared to accept less. I mean usually I'd price a game and be willing to accept 5% less if the deal was clean.

Good philosophy. I agree with you.

#10 7 years ago

I'd bet the head gouge would be ok painted if done by a good repairer but likely something I'd let the next owner worry about, don't want to spend money and still have the buyer with something to complain about if the paint is not exactly perfect.

#11 7 years ago

Where are you trying to sell this for $5k? Put it up on Pinside and see how it goes.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sounds like a very fair price with all those options, you could remove the expensive options and sell a la cart but overall I think you hit a good price with all these options.
PotC is built like a tank compared to the Stern pros you see today that sell for $4700 new with no PF support, no lollypop style side rails etc..
Edit don't like that gouge in the head that's really what's bringing the price down, people like me like mint or 98% games games and that gouge is an eyesore. I'm sure that's knocking hundreds off the price.
I mean I'd rather get a 98% game no wear with less mods for similar price. My HUO PotC looks as new and I've seen a few others as good. If there was some way to repair that scratch I'd bet it would sell better.
Also do you have a shooter lane picture?

Missed your request for shooter lane pic I did take one but it was blurry and I'm at work right now. I can put one up; there isn't really any wear on the shooter lane and it doesnt look embedded with dirt and grime. I guess I mean in this case with this game it didn't tell me if it was drastically played or not...just my opinion (but I'm no expert).

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Where are you trying to sell this for $5k? Put it up on Pinside and see how it goes.

craigslist in grand rapids mi. I like getting feedback on what I put up, but don't really want to get bashed a ton so I tend not to list games here (thats not an insult to pinside at all....more of I don't have thick skin).

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaily1983:

craigslist in grand rapids mi. I like getting feedback on what I put up, but don't really want to get bashed a ton so I tend not to list games here (thats not an insult to pinside at all....more of I don't have thick skin).

You can put it in the market but have it not placed in he forum. I don't think people will bash you for pricing it correctly and having too many photos.

#15 7 years ago

If u were closer id be makeing u a offer very close to your asking price.... the gouges suck but the nice mods more than make up for it . Glws

#16 7 years ago

Need to pull my ads but I have a trade in place on mine. I valued it at 4500. It was routed, but low plays after a shop in january. I had 5-6 solid offers and no one blinked at my price. Aside from new parts (sails, clutch, flipper rebuilds, compass decal) it has leds.

The real question is if someone is going to place a premium on yours for being a test machine and if they will want some of the mods you have. I think 5k is more than fair though, just going to take the right buyer.

#17 7 years ago

It'll sell here I'd bet. Location is key, if a guy in MD wants it but you're in MI then it's not going to matter much, but a local sale is best for both parties cheaper less trust etc..

#18 7 years ago

I like those sling shot plastics btw where did you get them?

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like those sling shot plastics btw where did you get them?

Can't remember who but there was a thread on pinside advertising them. Not sure if any are left.

#20 7 years ago

Thanks for all the advice guys. Really do appreciate it.

#21 7 years ago

Is this a gouge going right into the wood of the cabinet or a mark making a line on the paint? Gouge to me goes right into the wood also. So use gouge only if it is a gouge. Show the mark by the front door also with a pic. Shooter lane pic too. Why not? Pics look better with game on than off also. I like POTC a lot. Picked up a LOTR over it recently, but it was really close.
GLWTS!

#22 7 years ago

Yeah I'll add those pics too. Thanks.

#23 7 years ago

I think you have it priced right. If you have trouble selling it, pull the colordmd ( use it in something else or sell it), then sell potc for $4600. Doubt you'll have any trouble selling at $4600.

#24 7 years ago

I sold a documented single owner prestine HUO with less than 250 plays and cointaker premium LEDs for 5000. Tough game to sell. The killer is the cab . People who are willing to pay top dollar what perfect....... I would say 4400/4600 unless you want to sit on it for a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-help-with-pricing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.