• Latest reply 4 years ago by Yelobird
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20191120_005311 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I just got a PotC, when picking it up the trough VUK & tortuga VUK weren't firing, but the game has less than 200 plays on it, so I figured it was a fuse/something came loose. After getting it home, the bottom flippers and right sling weren't firing either. I opened up the back box and tested all the fuses, which all appeared to be good. I then turned it on and saw that F701's light is out, as well as 704, 705 and 706, which are all under 701. I swapped 701 with 702, since both are the same 10A fuses, but the light is still out on them. All of the items that are not working are under either 704, 705 and 706. I'm not sure where to go from here though, looking at the fuse stream page (D-91), above that is transformer. I don't *think* that is the issue because all the other fuses (702, 703 & 714) are all lit up, and those items under them seem to be working.

Any ideas where to go from here? I haven't even gotten to play it yet, and I'm starting to get twitchy.

IMG_20191120_005311 (resized).jpgIMG_20191120_005311 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Check the interlock switch, and verify one of the red leads didn't come off of it.

#3 4 years ago

As the game was recently folded up check all of the plugs to the back box board specifically on the right side. They had issues early on with to many zip ties and overly tight wire harnesses. All of mine were loose or unplugged on arrival. Double check all plugs. Good luck.

#4 4 years ago

Hey guys, thanks so much for the replies. It was indeed one of the interlock switch red leads that had come off. I really appreciate the responses, I double checked all the back board plugs first, got worried when they all looked good, but then saw the other one right there and got all giddy.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from h8red013:

Hey guys, thanks so much for the replies. It was indeed one of the interlock switch red leads that had come off. I really appreciate the responses, I double checked all the back board plugs first, got worried when they all looked good, but then saw the other one right there and got all giddy.

Glad you got it working. Now go enjoy some plundering!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-help-f701-not-lit-swapping-fuses-doesn-t-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.