• 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

55653aabfade867f72517337b560b8edd4d011da (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Flying Dutchman triple cannon animation!

Arghhhhh

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Is this a movie thing? I'm unfamiliar... I've only watched the first one (blasphemy?)

Yeah his ship the Flying Dutchman has the coolest cannon.

Three barrels that rotate as they fire cannon balls, it’s called the triple cannon.

Need this in the game!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Do you have a specific idea of how it would be implemented? I mean, I'm all for betterment but that seems to me like a somewhat basic change compared to the other requests which are mostly about gameplay.

Well I believe they are shown in the scene where the pearl and Dutchman are battling it out in the maelstrom so somehow maybe tied to that, not sure.

Maybe a missed super jackpot or something not sure.

I was also racking my brain on how the depths and bayou could be a little more exciting and integrated.

At the moment in most games it’s very underwhelming.

1 week later
#40 4 years ago

This is going to seem sort of trivial but I had thought I accomplished quite the feat when I sunk 3 ships during a single curse of the black pearl mb and other than the super jp callout....nothing exciting.

The fanfare/choreography should escalate a bit as you accomplish things like this. Need a little more excitement or drama. Just saying, that was hard as shit!

#42 4 years ago

I like the animation but it would be cool if there was some progression to the clips for sinking ships.

There were plenty of ship battles to pull footage from without infringing on the whole character issue.

From a scoring perspective I thought it would have earned a bit more as well.

Really don’t know if it’s worth the effort as is, lol.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I thought it was over 10k per super jackpot. Tortuga and other multiballs gross me far less. Extra footage would be nice plus that shaker!!!

Really not sure what it scored but it isn’t easy to do 3 times during a multi ball.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I've only ever done one. To do 3 you have accomplished quite a feat!

Seemed like quite the feat but thought something dramatic was going to happen!

To be honest, I don’t even think you get the regular ship sunk animation during the MB because it is cancelled by the super jackpot call out. Really minor in the big picture but this is a prime example where additional choreography can be added to further enhance the crazy depth of everything.

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Haha.. that would be impressive. My gf managed to get 2 up there and they both instantly cams down the ramp.
I have yet to get 2 up there...

I don’t think I had more than one up there when this happened just somehow managed to sink a ship right away and put another up there followed by another all with direct hits and keeping the other two going down below.

It was fun!

1 week later
#61 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I’ve been trying to figure out why my wife (her again!) finds AFM, WCS and to a lesser extent TSPP more approachable than pirates. She says she does not really like the display.
I love it. But just trying to work out besides the obvious differences what she does not like about it.
It just struck me. Every DMD game I own rewards the player when they shoot a ramp, orbit or any toy with an animation.
That does not happen for most shots in pirates. I know it shows for chest locks, map, tortuga and boarding of the Pearl. But what about the maelstrom, port royal, or combos etc. I know the display is a bit like a dashboard but maybe it can reward people for hitting that left ramp or entering the Devil’s Triangle. I don’t know if it would work, maybe it would get too repetitive. And definitely not for when a Multiball is happening (but even DMD pins limit their display during multiballs). Maybe extend the way that boarding the Pearl is overlaid to the other shots. I mean just overlay a whirlpool animation for when the maelstrom is hit. Or have an overlaid animation of a row boat coming into port for Port Royal.
It may be too much. Just an idea.

Agree 100%.

More fanfare would be cool and I’ve said from day 1 that it would be nice if the depths and bayou shots did something a little more exciting than obscure scoring stuff that 99% of casual players will never get.

1 month later
#71 4 years ago

I’m starting to get that GB feeling with Pirates! Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-code-change-game-play-requests-?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.