Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by EaglePin
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

55653aabfade867f72517337b560b8edd4d011da (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joseph5185.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks for creating this!

Don't trigger flippers when selecting character before game start.

Seriously, am I the only one that cares about this one?

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Nope, I hear you and also thought it was weird. I think the reason for this is that you can plunge the ball without confirming a character selection so the flippers are active for that. But I suppose maybe the shooter lane switch could just be used to detect when the ball leaves (like TOM) and activate them then.
There, I numbered it for you.

Thanks!

Actually, as CRAZY as it sounds, it makes the game feel cheap to me if you can believe it because it’s 100% unnecessary for the flippers to trigger when a silver ball isn’t in play...

#19 1 year ago

Sorry to ask again, how do you pull up all the character abilities again?

#30 1 year ago

So I’ll keep playing, but I’m PRETTY SURE I have never SDTM from Chapter Select area yet.

1 week later
#47 1 year ago

I have done zero.

I have done zero as well. I can keep the ball on the ship just fine, but STRUGGLE to load the cannon.

#49 1 year ago

I've been attempting to get all the balls up there so I don't have to try and worry about the others.

Haha.. that would be impressive. My gf managed to get 2 up there and they both instantly cams down the ramp.

I have yet to get 2 up there...

#54 1 year ago

Well...I KNOW my flippers are "perfect" on the BP. Trust me, it was off the playfield long enough and I spent enough time on it.

So...I just think I'm not very good at it .. haha

1 week later
#60 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I’ve been trying to figure out why my wife (her again!) finds AFM, WCS and to a lesser extent TSPP more approachable than pirates. She says she does not really like the display.
I love it. But just trying to work out besides the obvious differences what she does not like about it.
It just struck me. Every DMD game I own rewards the player when they shoot a ramp, orbit or any toy with an animation.
That does not happen for most shots in pirates. I know it shows for chest locks, map, tortuga and boarding of the Pearl. But what about the maelstrom, port royal, or combos etc. I know the display is a bit like a dashboard but maybe it can reward people for hitting that left ramp or entering the Devil’s Triangle. I don’t know if it would work, maybe it would get too repetitive. And definitely not for when a Multiball is happening (but even DMD pins limit their display during multiballs). Maybe extend the way that boarding the Pearl is overlaid to the other shots. I mean just overlay a whirlpool animation for when the maelstrom is hit. Or have an overlaid animation of a row boat coming into port for Port Royal.
It may be too much. Just an idea.

It's probably just too much and it feels intimidating. I have a friend that has tried Pirates a few times and he's just kinda meh about it...but he LOVES AFM. I think it's everything. He loves the comedy, the theme, the approach-ability, the simplicity, the everything.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, would be nice. Speaking of chapter complete a chapter complete callout / fanfare effect would be great to have in the game.

Right? You complete a chapter and you almost wouldn’t know without looking at the screen.

4 months later
#91 10 months ago

I second the coin door saves. That’s fantastic!

This would be perfect in a scenario where you have a sling escape for example.

1 week later
#121 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess (and hope) is that they introduce a "special edition" POTC at some point...they'll probably ask $12k+ for it, and it would probably sell. Its 10x the game WOZ is and they sold a YBR version for crazy money even with eliminating the Monkey mech.

10x? I FREAKING LOVE WOZ and hoping it can be my 4th machine some day!

1 week later
#124 9 months ago

Personally, I think POTC and WOZ are tied for best JJP. WOZ is beautiful. POTC is immersive and deep. Both are extremely unique. I have both and will keep both.

WOZ is absolutely beautiful to look at!

TNPLH Sephia mode - Wow!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
12,900 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Canfield, OH
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joseph5185.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside