• 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

55653aabfade867f72517337b560b8edd4d011da (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 4 years ago

JJPOTC might be my favorite pin. Does this thread need to be resubmitted to JJP ahead of the next release? A few more for the list -

Fix Liar’s Dice - Have seen 7 incorrect outcomes, out of 35 plays. Stuff like I only have 3 6’s and bet 4 6’s, and get called out as a liar, but then win. Also have seen me calling out an opponent on his 4 5’s, and he has 5 5’s and he loses. Prefer this mode to be fixed to become historically accurate.

Gold Awards - More things to buy with gold. All begin at Tortuga hole and can be escaped with action button.

25 - map spin

50 - tortuga mb

75 - extra ball lit

100 - Arrrrgh Frenzy mb

150 - 15 cannon skulls lit

200 - Davy Jones (immortal) - extra ball awarded plus extra ball to another player (dead or alive)

300 - start Wizard mode. Continue Wizard mode with remaining balls.

It would be fun to have more reasons to collect and spend gold.

1 month later
#82 4 years ago

You didn’t add - fix liar’s dice which is supposed to be your 5 dice against his 5 right? The game doesn’t calculate in that fashion. You didn’t add - more gold awards to list. Game also needs a coin door ball save.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

According to Wikipedia at least that's not how the game works. You're betting on values for all dice, even your opponents. Although it does say 1s are typically wild, not sure potc follows that rule
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar%27s_dice

Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, it's not your dice against his. It's a bluffing/betting game on how many dice of a particular value there are (for example 5 threes) combined between your dice and his.

That explains a lot, always thought it was 5 dice, but 10 it is. Thanks.

btw - a coin door ball save is when you open the coin door to clear a ball, it pauses the state of your game and timers and starts a ball save. After clearing ball and closing coin door, the game continues and will save the ball if it has drained.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Should I remove the liars dice on then?
Thanks, makes sense... not sure I've ever experienced that but probably never paid attention when opening the door, I just restart my games.

Yes liars dice is ok so it comes off the list.

#97 4 years ago

One more:

Display game number. An attract screen shows machine number but not the game number entered in menu. Show game number instead.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Can you explain this?

I got mixed up with the camera comment. Was thinking Hobbit.

#119 4 years ago

JJP should strive to keep the price increase small, a few hundred up to $500. Game is great but at $8.5k there is so much room before people opt out. They should be able to sell 500 JJPOTC pretty quickly if they don’t get too aggressive. Build the games and they will come.

3 months later
#128 4 years ago

Just read through the request list and there are a lot of great ideas. Do we know if JJP is soliciting input or reading this thread? One of JJP’s greatest assets is their finished game code. All titles reach a point when they feel as fun as possible and complete. That reflects high standards and helps their pins have a long shelf life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Wanted
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-code-change-game-play-requests-?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.