• 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

55653aabfade867f72517337b560b8edd4d011da (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

*If this is not wanted, I'll drain it. I asked pinball_keefer if he would be ok with this but I didn't hear back.

I am suggesting we have a centralized location for requests of code change / game updates. They seem to be thrown in other threads and it feels like a single location would keep things more organized, prevent duplication and maybe (at least that is my intention) help JJP / pinball_keefer get really good feedback from people playing the game.

I'll start it off with things I've asked for or seen that sound logical. I was thinking using a numbering system would let us refer back to prior suggestions and add multiple per post so maybe if we can keep it going (continue your numbering where the prior post left off).

1. Add ball save timer for tortuga hole kick out
2. Add ball save timer for chapter start STDM drain
3. Fix map hole award announcement (via callout) before animation finishes (actually it happens before animation starts)
4. Additional lighting show and shaker motor triggering during sinking of Dauntless
5. Additional attract mode "pirate themed" show
6. Additional "Depths" usage/interaction/events
7. Additional "Bayou" usage/interaction/events
8. Option for ball launch triggered by action button
9. BP gate open/close logic fix (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/152#post-4945258)
10. Chapter complete callouts
11. Keep left post down when triggering On Stranger Tides Multiball during skill shot sequence (so skill shot can still be completed) if possible
12. Setting to allow multiple players to pick the same character
13. Don't trigger flippers when selecting character before game start.
14. For LE and CE owners, having a colored scene for game number.
15. Utilize Flying Dutchman triple cannon animation somewhere in related gameplay
16. Ability to skip animations playing when ball drains (by hitting both flipper)
17. Speed up end of ball delay, for some reason the game seems to hesitate for quite some time at various ball drain situations
18. Sometimes the bonus screen is just a black background, images for all?
19. Add callouts for locking a ball
20. Fix the map award callout that says "1 treasures"
21. As each chapter approaches its time limit, the callout “Shoot the Star Map for more time” is heard. But it shouldn’t be if Jack Sparrow is the only character remaining to be collected, when the Starmap shot ends the chapter instead of extending it.
22. Additional "feats" (for example sinking the dauntless multiple times during CPB MB) should have increased sensory feedback (audio, shaker, lighting) as further things are accomplished
23. Feature request: ability to supply my own movie clips for each chapter. Characters/titles remain the same, just the ability to put in a different clip in mp4 format or similar. Because, reasons. ( zaphX )
24. I'd like balls to be kicked out quicker when multiball ball saver is on. If I drain 2 balls I'll be lucky to get 1 back 5 seconds later PinballTilt
25. - removed
26. More gold awards jeffspinballpalace
27. Coin door ball save. jeffspinballpalace
28. Display game number. An attract screen shows machine number but not the game number entered in menu. Show game number instead.
29. Disable left post assist when Curse of the Black Pearl multiball is qualified but not active yet. Currently when you're playing a chapter that the post assist would be working for while Curse of the Black Pearl MB is qualified, if you hit the Port Royal shot that would start COTBP MB the post comes up and blocks the ball. The MB still starts, but it prevents the ball from going around the orbit and up into the Pearl. Since that initial trip onto the Pearl is really your only decent opportunity to get a super jackpot for COTBP that post stop is really costly.

--------------------------

Requests from an operator's view

1. Adjustment for the Black Pearl mini play field to only rock from side to side when there's a ball up and in multiballs. The wires under the pearl will break, if it would only rock when needed time to breakage will be extended.

2. Adjustment for the Black Pearl flippers. Flippers on the Pearl should only operate when a ball is up and in multiballs. The two flipper mechs produce a lot of black abrasion on the main play field. This can cause problems with optos.

3. Adjustment to show the player pictures more often in attract mode. Location players like this feature a lot, as it seems.

4. Custom message should get some love. At the moment it's only white font on a black screen.

5. Option to force the GI-RGB LED´s to stay white when a ball is in play.
In attract mode it should use GI color changing and during bonus count as well.
In some locations the house light situation is far from perfect, so GI lights are needed to see the balls on the play field.
In these locations a fixed to white GI illumination would be a big help.

----------------------

If any of these are complete, impossible, undesirable I'll be happy to remove them.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Bork:

Go play some pinball and enjoy your games..

You obviously haven't seen this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guys-and-gals-i-have-a-problem-

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Thanks for creating this!
13. Don't trigger flippers when selecting character before game start.
Seriously, am I the only one that cares about this one?

Nope, I hear you and also thought it was weird. I think the reason for this is that you can plunge the ball without confirming a character selection so the flippers are active for that. But I suppose maybe the shooter lane switch could just be used to detect when the ball leaves (like TOM) and activate them then.

There, I numbered it for you.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Flying Dutchman triple cannon animation!
Arghhhhh

Is this a movie thing? I'm unfamiliar... I've only watched the first one (blasphemy?)

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

For LE and CE owners, having a colored scene for game number. Hobbit and WOZ had these and were a nice touch. Right now on Pirates, it’s just a black screen with text

Yes! #14

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah his ship the Flying Dutchman has the coolest cannon.
Three barrels that rotate as they fire cannon balls, it’s called the triple cannon.
Need this in the game!

Do you have a specific idea of how it would be implemented? I mean, I'm all for betterment but that seems to me like a somewhat basic change compared to the other requests which are mostly about gameplay.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I'd love to be able to skip the end of chapter animation when you drain (hitting both flippers, like the bonus count-up). It just seems to take way too long if you drain during a chapter (which, yes, I do often) and sometimes I'll pay a 4-player game by myself just to burn through a lot of balls and get warmed up. It's rather noticeable.

YES! Just the delay after ball drain in general, if possible.

#22 4 years ago

I've added some btw.. I'm guessing JJP hates me by now.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just a thought, how many people have had to reduce the following coil settings:
1) sling strength. We know slings are causing air balls and contributing to playfield damage. I think a lot of people have turned them down to 16.
2) flipper strength, straight out of the box people are getting a lot of air balls from lower left and right.
3) BP VUK. Balls should not go THUNK as they are delivered onto upper playfield. Opto can break and playfield is getting hammered behind the ships spinning sails.
I think JJP should review their defaults. I have a lot more dimpling because some of these defaults are too strong. They should at least give a warning to check these. All it takes is 50 games for the damage to show. This is manageable damage and it could have been avoided.

Yes to all.

#39 4 years ago

Added those to the list.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is going to seem sort of trivial but I had thought I accomplished quite the feat when I sunk 3 ships during a single curse of the black pearl mb and other than the super jp callout....nothing exciting.
The fanfare/choreography should escalate a bit as you accomplish things like this. Need a little more excitement or drama. Just saying, that was hard as shit!

Agreed, and I think this falls under the same concept as bigger fanfare when sinking the dauntless anytime. That's specifically #4 above but I'll add what you noted as well. I think there is definitely room for some "polish" to the interactivity and sensory feedback as you accomplish additional feats.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I have done zero as well. I can keep the ball on the ship just don’t, but STRUGGLE to load the cannon.

I've been attempting to get all the balls up there so I don't have to try and worry about the others.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Trick is to ignore all other balls except for the first one that is popped up to the Black Pearl. Then try madly to get the first one whilst the multiball ball save is active. I may have been lucky and had a 2nd come to think of it, but never 3!!! I still find multiballs drain so quick. Blackbeard really helps. Although with him it just seems to be multiball all day!!
Great game. But yes a bit more fanfare for sinking the ships. I do like how the screen shakes when the on screen cannon fires for the chapter qualification. Some really fantastic touches. Looking forward to the shaker really going off for sinking the ship, take notes from AFMr SE and LE. Best use of shaker motor when a UFO is taken down.

Uh yeah... it takes me ages to load the cannon with just one ball. Maybe my door is wonky or maybe I'm just not good but I have to really concentrate and time it just right. Maybe someone can post a video of their method of loading the cannon?

1 week later
#58 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Feature request: ability to supply my own movie clips for each chapter. Characters/titles remain the same, just the ability to put in a different clip in mp4 format or similar.
Because, reasons.

Hehe... I like this.

1 month later
#70 4 years ago

I really wished someone from JJP would have at least noted the suggestions. I feel like we did some good work for them offering up real player feedback. Maybe they read and don't comment, one can hope. I bugged keefer a few ways and no replies so I think that means "no".

#72 4 years ago

Dialed In got new code!

Naw, I think they'll get us some good updates. I have faith.

1 month later
#78 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

JJPOTC might be my favorite pin. Does this thread need to be resubmitted to JJP ahead of the next release?

I don't know if it was ever "submitted" ... I tried to contact keefer a few ways and never got a response. I think he was dealing with medical issues at the time but no one from JJP has said anything that I know of. I thought maybe we would be helping garner some crowd sourced requests for the game but, as with other things, JJP either isn't interested in what the customers have to say or don't have time to deal with it, ??...I don't know.

Maybe if someone can post to their private google group you might get some response? I can't.

3 weeks later
#81 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I scanned the list and didn't see the following - I'd like balls to be kicked out quicker when multiball ball saver is on. If I drain 2 balls I'll be lucky to get 1 back 5 seconds later

Added.

#83 4 years ago

You didn’t add - fix liar’s dice which is supposed to be your 5 dice against his 5 right? The game doesn’t calculate in that fashion. You didn’t add - more gold awards to list. Game also needs a coin door ball save.

Adding. Not sure what a coin door ball save is, but I'm sure others do.

#87 4 years ago

Should I remove the liars dice on then?

Thanks, makes sense... not sure I've ever experienced that but probably never paid attention when opening the door, I just restart my games.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from RichterMC:

I like to add some enhancements from an operators point of view.
Most home users won´t see a benefits and most likely won´t like these features for there machines.
For that reason all need to be adjustable in the software menu.
- Adjustment for the Black Pearl mini play field to only rock from side to side when there´s a ball up and in multiballs.
The wires under the pearl will break, if it would only rock when needed time to breakage will be extended.
- Adjustment for the Black Pearl flippers. Flippers on the Pearl should only operate when a ball is up and in multiballs.
The two flipper mechs produce a lot of black abrasion on the main play field. This can cause problems with optos.
- Adjustment to show the player pictures more often in attract mode.
Location players like this feature a lot, as it seems.
- Custom message should get some love. At the moment it´s only white font on a black screen.
- Option to force the GI-RGB LED´s to stay white when a ball is in play.
In attract mode it should use GI color changing and during bonus count as well.
In some locations the house light situation is far from perfect, so GI lights are needed to see the balls on the play field.
In these locations a fixed to white GI illumination would be a big help.
Best regards
Gernot

I think some of those would be nice for home use, it's just like the flippers triggering when selecting a character. Unnecessary. I'll add in a separate list below the main.

#98 4 years ago

Add a camera and selfie programming.

Can you explain this?

#100 4 years ago

Heh.. cool! Adding the other

#102 4 years ago

JJP's not one to make preemptive announcements. I was surprised when I got an email the other day with announcement of Wonka CE being manufactured. As far a I know there is nothing concrete from JJP as to when a code update will come. I would have to imagine that they would not abandon it completely, similarly to why they ended up stepping up for the playfield issue, because there would be too much backlash if they didn't.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I've got one that I don't think is on the list yet. Disable left post assist when Curse of the Black Pearl multiball is qualified but not active yet. Currently when you're playing a chapter that the post assist would be working for while Curse of the Black Pearl MB is qualified, if you hit the Port Royal shot that would start COTBP MB the post comes up and blocks the ball. The MB still starts, but it prevents the ball from going around the orbit and up into the Pearl. Since that initial trip onto the Pearl is really your only decent opportunity to get a super jackpot for COTBP that post stop is really costly.

Added

Quoted from EaglePin:

I hope JJP hasn’t abandoned #JJPOTC but I don’t have any reason to think otherwise and I don’t have any reason to have confidence in them. With no code updates since the end of April, no communication, and having only ever issued two code updates for the game there’s no reason to think they’re putting any effort into Pirates at all anymore.
I think it’s clear now that even in the first part of the year their effort was on getting Wonka developed instead of updating Pirates. Seems like their full attention is on Wonka and I’m sure they’re also now working on whatever their next title is. Seems like leaving Pirates incomplete at .99 should not be a precedent they’d want to set, but there’s no indication that they seem to care at all. They’ve updated previous titles, but for JJP their past performance doesn’t seem to be a reliable indication of how they’ll handle things today.

Agreed. JJP has long passed the "lets give them the benefit of the doubt" and "they'll do the right thing" point of doing right by customers. Maybe it's time to start a "Finish POTC Code" campaign.

#108 4 years ago

Maybe JJP should open source the code.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Pirates has got to be one of the craziest recent stories in Pinball. The night JJP announces, this forum goes nuts. Wasn't that the "Its a sad night for Stern" evening? The game is super hyped with the expectation "no game will ever play the same" due to the numerous movie character selection opportunities. Later JJP announces they are not doing the spinning play field disks (which I happen to think they made the right choice) and the chest lid not being able to open/close (which I would have liked to see in the game but you can buy the aftermarket kit). The game then on this forum gets shelled. The announcement by JJP that the asset licensing base for the game is limited versus say a Hobbit (still better asset base then any other game besides Hobbit I know of ) again the game gets shelled.Ok, the the game is a late coming out ,but, is beautiful and sales are slow. Once people start figuring out the delivered game is something special, they start selling. The LE Model is declared the Best Buy in pinball compared to the SE (which I disagree with, but, admit I am an SE owner). To the play field chipping issues, to the development of a lot of cool mods. To people (including myself) starting to say this game could be the GOAT. To rumors/debates over is JJP going to continue running more games? To the JJP is running out of parts threads and Pirate owners are screwed. Now even tho JJP announces they are doing one more code update, people are pissed about code which is pretty damn good as is ( by the way can anyone identify a game Kieth has not hit a home run on code wise).
All I know is I played about 10 games last night. Every game I see stuff in the code I have not seen before. I am lucky , no play field issues. Debating on putting in the Pinwoofer sound system. Debating on putting in the chest mod. Waiting on the Houdini Devils triangle mod and looking forward to a code update from one of my favorite code designers ( I will never see the final wizard mode as I suck) and I still believe that game has a right to be considered the Goat.
Man what a wild ride

Well, game numbers suggest it was harder to get an SE over an LE even. I would have taken an SE if I didn't find the LE. With the aftermarket mod scene so large now and the special "toys" being replicated elsewhere it's almost a no brainer. I didn't realize I could buy all the WOZ RR toys initially. I still might have to find a nice ECLE 2.0 and make Ultimate WOZ.

1 week later
#123 4 years ago

Personally, I think POTC and WOZ are tied for best JJP. WOZ is beautiful. POTC is immersive and deep. Both are extremely unique. I have both and will keep both.

2 months later
#126 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Any chance we can add this to the list:
I’ve often had issues with having Dead Men Tell No Tales multiball qualified and hitting a solid shot through the turnaround in Devil’s Triangle without it registering to start the multiball (and I'm certain it's a shot that went all the way to the back through the loop). If nothing else is happening in the game, a solid shot seems to register fine. But if I'm already playing one or more multiballs and hit a solid shot to the back of the Devil's Triangle loop while something else happens to be going on in the game at the same time (like a jackpot, mystery award, or starting a different multiball) then the shot doesn't seem register a lot of times. It seems like the other event going on takes precedent over the Devil's Triangle shot registering to start DMTNT MB.

Does the ball come back out of the DT or does it actually go down in the subway ramp when it doesn't register?

Did you check your switches and actuators? I don't want to get up off the couch and go look but I assume there is some coil or mechanism that needs to move to let the ball down. Wonder if yours needs some adjustment. I can look tomorrow, rather later today, gonna get some sleep.

#129 4 years ago

Just read through the request list and there are a lot of great ideas. Do we know if JJP is soliciting input or reading this thread? One of JJP’s greatest assets is their finished game code. All titles reach a point when they feel as fun as possible and complete. That reflects high standards and helps their pins have a long shelf life.

No one would ever respond to my inquiries about soliciting feedback. I posted this thread anyhow since I figured we could at least compile a list that might help in some way. Maybe someone is looking at it and not saying, who knows.

3 months later
1 year later
#143 2 years ago

This new code is awesome.

Oh. Wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-code-change-game-play-requests-?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.