• 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

55653aabfade867f72517337b560b8edd4d011da (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 4 years ago

So has JJP made any announcements on when the code will be complete? or have basically abandon this title? Its really not like them to not polish the code, but who knows maybe its their new normal?

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I hope JJP hasn’t abandoned #JJPOTC but I don’t have any reason to think otherwise and I don’t have any reason to have confidence in them. With no code updates since the end of April, no communication, and having only ever issued two code updates for the game there’s no reason to think they’re putting any effort into Pirates at all anymore.
I think it’s clear now that even in the first part of the year their effort was on getting Wonka developed instead of updating Pirates. Seems like their full attention is on Wonka and I’m sure they’re also now working on whatever their next title is. Seems like leaving Pirates incomplete at .99 should not be a precedent they’d want to set, but there’s no indication that they seem to care at all. They’ve updated previous titles, but for JJP their past performance doesn’t seem to be a reliable indication of how they’ll handle things today.

You combine the lack of code development with the fact they don't even stock spare parts is bad new for POTC owners...I think it sends a pretty bad message to all JJP customers (IMHO)

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

That's the billion dollar question. I sure hope so. I believe JJP has the license for a couple more years. Unfortunately being that the games profit margins were razor thin and the complexity of the game to build in a business sense it may not happen. However, if the demand is high enough (which I believe there would be) I think another edition will surface perhaps next year, assuming playfield issue has been resolved. Just too good of a game for JJP not to give it a second look.

My guess (and hope) is that they introduce a "special edition" POTC at some point...they'll probably ask $12k+ for it, and it would probably sell. Its 10x the game WOZ is and they sold a YBR version for crazy money even with eliminating the Monkey mech.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sure sounds like the game is done for good. I think JJP wants to move on from it and onto more games like Wonka (slightly scaled back in terms of features and built for on location play).

Sure would be a shame, but u might be right...

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Didn't jjp say at their expo seminar another run wouldn't happen unless distributors got enough deposits? I thought I heard that. I think they'll do a final run myself, but I decided not to hope and bought an se

My bet is they could raise the price $1K and u still might sell 100's of units...its that good

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

10x? I FREAKING LOVE WOZ and hoping it can be my 4th machine some day!

my bad...maybe 20X I wanted to love that game as its beautiful....actually owned two ....in the end I just couldnt get into it...just wasn't for me although I get why some people love it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-code-change-game-play-requests-?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.