• 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

55653aabfade867f72517337b560b8edd4d011da (resized).jpeg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Haha.. that would be impressive. My gf managed to get 2 up there and they both instantly cams down the ramp.
I have yet to get 2 up there...

I don’t think I had more than one up there when this happened just somehow managed to sink a ship right away and put another up there followed by another all with direct hits and keeping the other two going down below.

It was fun!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I have done zero.

Trick is to ignore all other balls except for the first one that is popped up to the Black Pearl. Then try madly to get the first one whilst the multiball ball save is active. I may have been lucky and had a 2nd come to think of it, but never 3!!! I still find multiballs drain so quick. Blackbeard really helps. Although with him it just seems to be multiball all day!!

Great game. But yes a bit more fanfare for sinking the ships. I do like how the screen shakes when the on screen cannon fires for the chapter qualification. Some really fantastic touches. Looking forward to the shaker really going off for sinking the ship, take notes from AFMr SE and LE. Best use of shaker motor when a UFO is taken down.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Trick is to ignore all other balls except for the first one that is popped up to the Black Pearl. Then try madly to get the first one whilst the multiball ball save is active. I may have been lucky and had a 2nd come to think of it, but never 3!!! I still find multiballs drain so quick. Blackbeard really helps. Although with him it just seems to be multiball all day!!
Great game. But yes a bit more fanfare for sinking the ships. I do like how the screen shakes when the on screen cannon fires for the chapter qualification. Some really fantastic touches. Looking forward to the shaker really going off for sinking the ship, take notes from AFMr SE and LE. Best use of shaker motor when a UFO is taken down.

Uh yeah... it takes me ages to load the cannon with just one ball. Maybe my door is wonky or maybe I'm just not good but I have to really concentrate and time it just right. Maybe someone can post a video of their method of loading the cannon?

#54 4 years ago

Well...I KNOW my flippers are "perfect" on the BP. Trust me, it was off the playfield long enough and I spent enough time on it.

So...I just think I'm not very good at it .. haha

#55 4 years ago

Hadn’t had sdtm from starmap for weeks then happened twice today. Also had tortuga hole. It’s weird. Tortuga hole when a cold game boots up will shoot middle of flipper. Then an hour later it shoots closer and closer to the tip. Then sdtm. When tortuga did drain, it actually gave me a ball save. Odd. Changed my mind. Need a ball save for tortuga. Agree with Harry. It seems that the tortuga power fluctuates and can cause a drain even if the deflector is positioned correctly. So short ball save for tortuga and star map please!

#56 4 years ago

I could be wrong, but it seems the camera only takes your picture during name entry. People look their goofiest during gameplay - would be cool to have the flashers flash quickly a certain color and maybe even throw a quick smiley face in the starfield when it takes it during a high scoring combo or completion of certain chapters, etc.

#57 4 years ago

Feature request: ability to supply my own movie clips for each chapter. Characters/titles remain the same, just the ability to put in a different clip in mp4 format or similar.

Because, reasons.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Feature request: ability to supply my own movie clips for each chapter. Characters/titles remain the same, just the ability to put in a different clip in mp4 format or similar.
Because, reasons.

Hehe... I like this.

#59 4 years ago

I’ve been trying to figure out why my wife (her again!) finds AFM, WCS and to a lesser extent TSPP more approachable than pirates. She says she does not really like the display.

I love it. But just trying to work out besides the obvious differences what she does not like about it.

It just struck me. Every DMD game I own rewards the player when they shoot a ramp, orbit or any toy with an animation.

That does not happen for most shots in pirates. I know it shows for chest locks, map, tortuga and boarding of the Pearl. But what about the maelstrom, port royal, or combos etc. I know the display is a bit like a dashboard but maybe it can reward people for hitting that left ramp or entering the Devil’s Triangle. I don’t know if it would work, maybe it would get too repetitive. And definitely not for when a Multiball is happening (but even DMD pins limit their display during multiballs). Maybe extend the way that boarding the Pearl is overlaid to the other shots. I mean just overlay a whirlpool animation for when the maelstrom is hit. Or have an overlaid animation of a row boat coming into port for Port Royal.

It may be too much. Just an idea.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I’ve been trying to figure out why my wife (her again!) finds AFM, WCS and to a lesser extent TSPP more approachable than pirates. She says she does not really like the display.
I love it. But just trying to work out besides the obvious differences what she does not like about it.
It just struck me. Every DMD game I own rewards the player when they shoot a ramp, orbit or any toy with an animation.
That does not happen for most shots in pirates. I know it shows for chest locks, map, tortuga and boarding of the Pearl. But what about the maelstrom, port royal, or combos etc. I know the display is a bit like a dashboard but maybe it can reward people for hitting that left ramp or entering the Devil’s Triangle. I don’t know if it would work, maybe it would get too repetitive. And definitely not for when a Multiball is happening (but even DMD pins limit their display during multiballs). Maybe extend the way that boarding the Pearl is overlaid to the other shots. I mean just overlay a whirlpool animation for when the maelstrom is hit. Or have an overlaid animation of a row boat coming into port for Port Royal.

It's probably just too much and it feels intimidating. I have a friend that has tried Pirates a few times and he's just kinda meh about it...but he LOVES AFM. I think it's everything. He loves the comedy, the theme, the approach-ability, the simplicity, the everything.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Agree 100%.

More fanfare would be cool and I’ve said from day 1 that it would be nice if the depths and bayou shots did something a little more exciting than obscure scoring stuff that 99% of casual players will never get.

#62 4 years ago

Today is a bad day. 90% of star map chapter selects are draining. It destroys the game.

The rubber on the left of the star post is not worn. It happens when the ball seems wedged between star post and rubber to left.

I did find my levels were slightly off at the back. Fixed again it seems a bit better.

Another solution besides the 2 second ballsaver is to have the magnet go a full 2 seconds moving the ball around whilst it is announcing the chapter (so it does not hold up play), rather than just the single flick. The problem is the single flick does nothing if the ball is slightly wedged. The majority of the time it causes the ball to just go slightly up which results mostly in SDTM.

This number of seconds of activating magnet before the post drops could be configurable. This results in a truly random ball trajectory which should stop the SDTM and resolved the problem of making the game too easy with extra ball saves.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Because, reasons.

This would be pretty awesome...

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Because, reasons.

That would be pretty amazing if JJP could do that. Allow a video clip with audio to be added to chapter start, and then audio clips as character shots are made. I'm sure there's concerns with running unlicensed assets for a game that is on location. One way around that would be to only allow custom clips if a game is on free play, otherwise the standard clips would be played.

It's also possible that the license agreement with Disney states that JJP must not allow the games assets to be modified in anyway.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That would be pretty amazing if JJP could do that. Allow a video clip with audio to be added to chapter start, and then audio clips as character shots are made. I'm sure there's concerns with running unlicensed assets for a game that is on location. One way around that would be to only allow custom clips if a game is on free play, otherwise the standard clips would be played.
It's also possible that the license agreement with Disney states that JJP must not allow the games assets to be modified in anyway.

I'm not suggesting changing anything but the movie clip. The chapter completion callouts are fine the way they are IMO.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm not suggesting changing anything but the movie clip. The chapter completion callouts are fine the way they are IMO.

Yeah, would be nice. Speaking of chapter complete a chapter complete callout / fanfare effect would be great to have in the game.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, would be nice. Speaking of chapter complete a chapter complete callout / fanfare effect would be great to have in the game.

Right? You complete a chapter and you almost wouldn’t know without looking at the screen.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So in the JJP .iso, if you dig into it, the movie files are saved as .flv files...but you cannot play them. Are they using some sort of propriety audio and video codecs? The sound effect files are .wav but they won't play either...

4 weeks later
#69 4 years ago

Please launch balls much quicker during multiball ball save. This game launches balls so slowly. If you drain 4 balls and still have a couple of seconds of ballsave left it will only launch a single ball. Other games I own are much quicker at launching balls during multiball ball save. Please fix!

2 weeks later
#70 4 years ago

I really wished someone from JJP would have at least noted the suggestions. I feel like we did some good work for them offering up real player feedback. Maybe they read and don't comment, one can hope. I bugged keefer a few ways and no replies so I think that means "no".

#71 4 years ago

I’m starting to get that GB feeling with Pirates! Lol

#72 4 years ago

Dialed In got new code!

Naw, I think they'll get us some good updates. I have faith.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m starting to get that GB feeling with Pirates! Lol

Lol, I hope not. On a Wonka stream that Flip N Out Pinball did 2-3 weeks back I asked Keith about Pirates 1.x code. He said he's still working on it, promises it's coming, also mentioned there's a lot of other stuff going on.

1 month later
#74 4 years ago

Again got shafted by ball save on multiball. Unless you are playing Blackbeard it is just way too short. And it fires them out so slowly or inconsistently. Had a game where DMC had only one ball in chest, so auto fired 2 more but in this case the timing was all out for the release so all 3 balls are going SDTM at the same time. And then no ball save. WTF. I don’t mind missing out an a multiball but give me a chance.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Again got shafted by ball save on multiball. Unless you are playing Blackbeard it is just way too short. And it fires them out so slowly or inconsistently. Had a game where DMC had only one ball in chest, so auto fired 2 more but in this case the timing was all out for the release so all 3 balls are going SDTM at the same time. And then no ball save. WTF. I don’t mind missing out an a multiball but give me a chance.

Adjust the upper flipper so that it deflects the ball just enough to hit the right flipper. That's the way it should be by design for auto launch without flipping the upper flipper.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Adjust the upper flipper so that it deflects the ball just enough to hit the right flipper. That's the way it should be by design for auto launch without flipping the upper flipper.

Thanks. I’ve done this, but will check if it needs more. It’s probably just cause I suck. Would just like maybe 2 seconds more, plus faster launch times for multiball saves.

#77 4 years ago

JJPOTC might be my favorite pin. Does this thread need to be resubmitted to JJP ahead of the next release? A few more for the list -

Fix Liar’s Dice - Have seen 7 incorrect outcomes, out of 35 plays. Stuff like I only have 3 6’s and bet 4 6’s, and get called out as a liar, but then win. Also have seen me calling out an opponent on his 4 5’s, and he has 5 5’s and he loses. Prefer this mode to be fixed to become historically accurate.

Gold Awards - More things to buy with gold. All begin at Tortuga hole and can be escaped with action button.

25 - map spin

50 - tortuga mb

75 - extra ball lit

100 - Arrrrgh Frenzy mb

150 - 15 cannon skulls lit

200 - Davy Jones (immortal) - extra ball awarded plus extra ball to another player (dead or alive)

300 - start Wizard mode. Continue Wizard mode with remaining balls.

It would be fun to have more reasons to collect and spend gold.

2 weeks later
#78 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

JJPOTC might be my favorite pin. Does this thread need to be resubmitted to JJP ahead of the next release?

I don't know if it was ever "submitted" ... I tried to contact keefer a few ways and never got a response. I think he was dealing with medical issues at the time but no one from JJP has said anything that I know of. I thought maybe we would be helping garner some crowd sourced requests for the game but, as with other things, JJP either isn't interested in what the customers have to say or don't have time to deal with it, ??...I don't know.

Maybe if someone can post to their private google group you might get some response? I can't.

3 weeks later
#79 4 years ago

Any “insider” info on a future code update?

#80 4 years ago

I scanned the list and didn't see the following - I'd like balls to be kicked out quicker when multiball ball saver is on. If I drain 2 balls I'll be lucky to get 1 back 5 seconds later

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I scanned the list and didn't see the following - I'd like balls to be kicked out quicker when multiball ball saver is on. If I drain 2 balls I'll be lucky to get 1 back 5 seconds later

Added.

#82 4 years ago

You didn’t add - fix liar’s dice which is supposed to be your 5 dice against his 5 right? The game doesn’t calculate in that fashion. You didn’t add - more gold awards to list. Game also needs a coin door ball save.

#83 4 years ago

You didn’t add - fix liar’s dice which is supposed to be your 5 dice against his 5 right? The game doesn’t calculate in that fashion. You didn’t add - more gold awards to list. Game also needs a coin door ball save.

Adding. Not sure what a coin door ball save is, but I'm sure others do.

#84 4 years ago

According to Wikipedia at least that's not how the game works. You're betting on values for all dice, even your opponents. Although it does say 1s are typically wild, not sure potc follows that rule

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar%27s_dice

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

According to Wikipedia at least that's not how the game works. You're betting on values for all dice, even your opponents. Although it does say 1s are typically wild, not sure potc follows that rule

Yep, it's not your dice against his. It's a bluffing/betting game on how many dice of a particular value there are (for example 5 threes) combined between your dice and his.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, it's not your dice against his. It's a bluffing/betting game on how many dice of a particular value there are (for example 5 threes) combined between your dice and his.

That explains a lot, always thought it was 5 dice, but 10 it is. Thanks.

btw - a coin door ball save is when you open the coin door to clear a ball, it pauses the state of your game and timers and starts a ball save. After clearing ball and closing coin door, the game continues and will save the ball if it has drained.

#87 4 years ago

Should I remove the liars dice on then?

Thanks, makes sense... not sure I've ever experienced that but probably never paid attention when opening the door, I just restart my games.

#88 4 years ago

Should I remove the liars dice on then?
Thanks, makes sense... not sure I've ever experienced that but probably never paid attention when opening the door, I just restart my games.

Yes liars dice is ok so it comes off the list.

#89 4 years ago

I wish the extra ball shot was in a different location, I can never make that shot. But not possible with it printed on the playfield.

Other than that I love the game.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I wish the extra ball shot was in a different location, I can never make that shot.

Its supposed to be hard. Play better!

#91 4 years ago

I second the coin door saves. That’s fantastic!

This would be perfect in a scenario where you have a sling escape for example.

#92 4 years ago

I like to add some enhancements from an operators point of view.
Most home users won´t see a benefits and most likely won´t like these features for there machines.
For that reason all need to be adjustable in the software menu.

- Adjustment for the Black Pearl mini play field to only rock from side to side when there´s a ball up and in multiballs.
The wires under the pearl will break, if it would only rock when needed time to breakage will be extended.

- Adjustment for the Black Pearl flippers. Flippers on the Pearl should only operate when a ball is up and in multiballs.
The two flipper mechs produce a lot of black abrasion on the main play field. This can cause problems with optos.

- Adjustment to show the player pictures more often in attract mode.
Location players like this feature a lot, as it seems.

- Custom message should get some love. At the moment it´s only white font on a black screen.

- Option to force the GI-RGB LED´s to stay white when a ball is in play.
In attract mode it should use GI color changing and during bonus count as well.
In some locations the house light situation is far from perfect, so GI lights are needed to see the balls on the play field.
In these locations a fixed to white GI illumination would be a big help.

Best regards
Gernot

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from RichterMC:

- Custom message should get some love. At the moment it´s only white font on a black screen.

Have you considered designing whatever you want, and using the custom logo/image option? I had some fun with that one on Wonka.

55653aabfade867f72517337b560b8edd4d011da (resized).jpeg55653aabfade867f72517337b560b8edd4d011da (resized).jpeg
#94 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Have you considered designing whatever you want, and using the custom logo/image option? I had some fun with that one on Wonka.[quoted image]

That’s an alternative if you only want to use one thing, but on mine I have both the image and message screens in use and it would be nice to have the message screen look a bit nicer.

#95 4 years ago

We’re a couple weeks past the 1-year mark for when POTC began to ship. Only two real code updates since shipping (I’m not counting .98 since it was released a day or two after .97 and only was done to fix one bug). Seems like JJP is leaving the POTC update deep on the sideline. Wonka seems to be getting frequent updates and I’m guessing they’ll be diving deeper into work on their next release soon if not already.

First they said in 2017 the game would ship rules complete. They obviously didn’t do that. Seems like at a minimum to serve their customers they should have had an internal goal of getting POTC to 1.0 one year after shipping. Whether or not they did have any goal like that is now irrelevant because it hasn’t happened, and I think it’s definitely reasonable to expect 1.0 within a year. So if not 1.0 in one year then when will it ever get done? Doesn’t seem like a very customer-focused effort happening on this machine. Seems to be par for the course on this title.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from RichterMC:

I like to add some enhancements from an operators point of view.
Most home users won´t see a benefits and most likely won´t like these features for there machines.
For that reason all need to be adjustable in the software menu.
- Adjustment for the Black Pearl mini play field to only rock from side to side when there´s a ball up and in multiballs.
The wires under the pearl will break, if it would only rock when needed time to breakage will be extended.
- Adjustment for the Black Pearl flippers. Flippers on the Pearl should only operate when a ball is up and in multiballs.
The two flipper mechs produce a lot of black abrasion on the main play field. This can cause problems with optos.
- Adjustment to show the player pictures more often in attract mode.
Location players like this feature a lot, as it seems.
- Option to force the GI-RGB LED´s to stay white when a ball is in play.
In attract mode it should use GI color changing and during bonus count as well.
In some locations the house light situation is far from perfect, so GI lights are needed to see the balls on the play field.
In these locations a fixed to white GI illumination would be a big help.
Best regards
Gernot

I think some of those would be nice for home use, it's just like the flippers triggering when selecting a character. Unnecessary. I'll add in a separate list below the main.

#97 4 years ago

One more:

Display game number. An attract screen shows machine number but not the game number entered in menu. Show game number instead.

#98 4 years ago

Add a camera and selfie programming.

Can you explain this?

#99 4 years ago

Can you explain this?

I got mixed up with the camera comment. Was thinking Hobbit.

#100 4 years ago

Heh.. cool! Adding the other

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-code-change-game-play-requests-/page/2?hl=thot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.